Speech

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
A good man thinks before he speaks;
the evil man pours out his evil words without a thought.

Proverbs 15:28

Don’t break the silence unless you can improve on it.
[Our Daily Bread]

Naturally, God Speaks
Web 907.JPG

A good cup of coffee helps too. :)

The Proverbs are full of wisdom. Dwelling on God's word in study and meditation helps prepare us for edifying conversation (conversation that builds up another). Speaking without knowledge or proper understanding is very unwise, but not uncommon.

There are so many situations where we should give thought before speaking. When in a conversation that thought includes active listening. Meeting strangers it includes coming to know them and possibly sharing what little you might know of them. In public speaking, giving thought means learning the art of public speaking and preparing notes (all of which take thought).

cp

A good cup of coffee helps too. :)

The Proverbs are full of wisdom. Dwelling on God's word in study and meditation helps prepare us for edifying conversation (conversation that builds up another). Speaking without knowledge or proper understanding is very unwise, but not uncommon.

There are so many situations where we should give thought before speaking. When in a conversation that thought includes active listening. Meeting strangers it includes coming to know them and possibly sharing what little you might know of them. In public speaking, giving thought means learning the art of public speaking and preparing notes (all of which take thought).

cp
Great, appropriate comments. Blessings! 🙌

I love to meditate on the Proverbs. Like so much of the Bible, you can read and reread it and there is always something new to learn.

cp

I love to meditate on the Proverbs. Like so much of the Bible, you can read and reread it and there is always something new to learn.

cp
Thank you for your comment. I have not given Proverbs enough of my time and consideration.
You have inspired me to begin a more in-depth study of this very important part of God's Word.

One of my favorite Proverbs is

Proverbs 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

but then I have lots of favorites. :)

cp

Your Proverbs 18:22 quote is an excellent one.
I am blessed to have such a wife as described in that verse.

I think many more of have, they just don't realize it yet. Married life is not always a bed of roses. We all have flaws and coming to know the flaws sooner rather than later is helpful.

It's sad when people rush to get married before they really have a chance to know even a few of the flaws.

Thought should be given to more than speaking. Involving God from the beginning is of great importance.

cp

I think many more of have, they just don't realize it yet. Married life is not always a bed of roses. We all have flaws and coming to know the flaws sooner rather than later is helpful.

It's sad when people rush to get married before they really have a chance to know even a few of the flaws.

Thought should be given to more than speaking. Involving God from the beginning is of great importance.

cp
I agree with your logic. My previous wife had died several years earlier. Later I remarried to a wonderful Christian lady. She and I had known each other for many years, and have been believers in Christ for many, many years. As our pastor says..."God is good - all the time; all the time - God is good."

Back