Spiritual Vision

'We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him— these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.'

1 Corinthians 2:6-16

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.2.6-16

When we are saved and receive the Holy Spirit, we are receiving the mind of God. This is the only way to understand spiritual realities and to know what He has freely given us. It is impossible to accept the things that come from the Spirit of God without His Spirit because we would consider them foolishness. I can testify that this is true because before I became a believer and received the Holy Spirit, I did not understand scripture at all. I could not make sense of it. Then one day, it was like the light turned on as He began to give me understanding of what I was reading. It was really an incredible and miraculous experience. One cannot understand the thoughts of God without His mind. Not only does He open blind eyes in the literal sense, but much more so, He opens up spiritual eyes and heals spiritual blindness. That is a good analogy to make sense of my experience. Just think of it as God healing people of spiritual blindness. Anyone can experience this miracle because all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved! Hallelujah!!!

Back