Sporadic alerts

ModeratorTeam

CFS Moderators
Staff member
Senior Moderator
The way that the software is set up - if you are reading or replying to a thread and someone else adds something to the thread before you do, you should be seeing an orange colored note at the bottom of the thread telling you that someone else added something and it gives you a prompt to click on that notice to see what was posted. Also, if you are in a thread reading or replying and someone else adds something to that thread, you will not get an alert through the Bell Icon, top right of the screen. You will only receive the orange memo indicating that someone added to the thread.

`

Also, if you are in a thread reading or replying and someone else adds something to that thread, you will not get an alert through the Bell Icon, top right of the screen. You will only receive the orange memo indicating that someone added to the thread.
Last time I was away for a few hours, but when I came back...missing notifications.

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Ok. I have had some time to think on this, and I don't have a clue how to troubleshoot this. I know that I have seen the issue, but it's not consistent enough to make a proper guess as to what could cause it. I'm defiantly open to ideas on this.

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I might have located something on this. By default, the site will stop notification after 5 I believe. I am able to override that number, but I suspect that is why you have not always been getting a notification.

I might have located something on this. By default, the site will stop notification after 5 I believe. I am able to override that number, but I suspect that is why you have not always been getting a notification.
It could be and if so, it is being selective, as I often get more than 5 with a few missing notifications as well.

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
It could be and if so, it is being selective, as I often get more than 5 with a few missing notifications as well.
That doesn't surprise me. Not because I have some clue about why it would do that, but because it makes absolutely no sense and I would be shocked if something decided to start making sense in my life now after so long.