Stand Against the Devil's Strategies!

Stand Against the Devil's Strategies!

Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].
– Ephesians 4:27, The Amplified Bible

If you give the devil place, he will take it. You have to stay alert and keep your shield of faith high because if you don't, he'll turn around and steal back from you the ground you just took.

There have been people who have received their healing and have fallen back into their old thinking patterns of sickness. They let their faith down and gave the devil an opening. When he came along with an old symptom, they weren't ready for him. They fell victim to his counterattack.

You can stand successfully against the devil's strategies! But before you do, you're going to have to make three quality decisions.

First, you must make the Word of God the final authority in your life. Line up your thinking with whatever the Word says.

Next, you must decide to live your life by faith in what God has said. The Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17, New King James Version).

Finally, you must decide to live by the love of God because faith works by love. Without love, your faith won't function. Without the Word, you can't have faith. So don't try to make one of these decisions without the other two. You need to make all three of them. This lifestyle of the Word, faith and love keeps you in a place of resistance to the devil!

I suggest you get alone with God and pray:
In the Name of Jesus, I commit myself from this day forward to live by the Word of God, to live by my faith, and to live by the love of God.
Decide today to give the devil no place!

Scripture Reading: John 15:7-12

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

So many places in The Word where we are encouraged and instructed to stand against and understand The strategies, schemes, and ways the enemy attacks us, so that we can use our armour to stay protected. The first and biggest way He does is in our mind.

The first and foremost type of spiritual warfare is 2 Corinthians 10:5. Taking every thought captive and making it obedient to the Word. If we can succeed in that way... our big gospel boots of peace will enable us to walk over everything else. Because the truth is our anchor to all the other parts of our armour.

Blessings

My Pastor put it this way... every mind needs a bouncer at the door... one that says are you good, pure, holy, etc... if not.. no you can't come in.

Even fear starts in the mind. And if we cast down the imaginations and thoughts that bring it about as lies (which they are) the fear will not stay in our emotions or feelings. Our flesh will always follow the leadimg of the Spirit if trained to.

I notice you emphasize the psychological warfare principle in your threads. I don't love when I'm in warfare, but I love when the anointing kicks in and I feel that breakthrough to the degree where my mind feels clothed in grace. That moment kind of reveals the attack in a sense.

The op was a devotion from my spiritual father... and I agree whole heartedly that, in the mind is where the battle always begins.

I felt the attack going on heavy the other night... as I continued to pray in the spirit and cast down the thoughts and images... I was then enveloped in the peace of the victory... only to be attacked in my mind as soon as my eyes were open. Although he has also attacked me in my dreams as well. For which I have to get my mind focused on the Lord/Word as soon as I get up. Otherwise, my mind will try to focus on what nasty junk (seeds) the imp tried to sow into me through my dreams

Using your analogy of the woman thinking of the purse snatcher.... if that woman is walking under the direction of the Holy Spirit... she has no fear that someone will come to snatch her purse. No matter where she is.

From what I have learned from the Holy Spirit through the Word all we have to do is resist for a short while sometimes only minutes.. and the devil has to flee. And the more we stay consistent in guarding our thoughts and casting down whatever the enemy is throwing at us....the greater the distance between the attacks. The more we are focused on the Word (speaking and acting upon) the less the attacks...

Your breaking a hole in the dam right now as we are speaking... so keep meditating upon this train of thought. It will take some time to train yourself to operate this way... but the more you do... the stronger your resistance will be built up and the less the attacks will be, because the enemy has to flee, and will learn it's not a weakness for you any longer.

He has tricked you into believing that all the other stuff your doing is the right way all the time... but in reality... your like a shadow boxer. Not hitting anything, because the root of what your doing is wrapped up in fear.

I agree though, guarding the mind is the key. I just don't like the "vicious-struggle" aspect of it.

Here's what the Holy Spirit has given me I pray it ministers to you as well...

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are. In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. I have written and sent this short letter to you with the help of Silas, whom I commend to you as a faithful brother. My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God’s grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.
1 Peter 5:6‭-‬10‭, ‬12 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/1pe.5.6-12.NLT

Yeah, I remember what you said before, it has haunted me to this very day: I need to punch a whole in a dam..........

You already are right now... Father is helping you. But you have to continue to yield to it :)

We may not LIKE the battle or fight... but if we can endure hardness as a good soldier... we will come out on top, because Jesus has already purchased and won the victory for us... we just have to maintain it.

I just don't like the "vicious-struggle" aspect of it

It's time to turn the vicious, struggling aspect of this around and enter into the "rest" of the Word.

God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.” For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
Hebrews 4:1‭, ‬6‭-‬7‭, ‬12 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/heb.4.1-12.NLT

Emmanuel Hunter as I was reading the Scriptures Father led me to over the past week... I believe there was another one that He desires you to hear.. to minister to you...

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:3‭-‬8 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/2pe.1.3-8.NLT

There is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out fear, for fear has torment.

So, how do we do this casting out. Well Jesus gives us the authority to cast out evil. God revealed to me I had a spirit of fear. Fear, terror, timidity, call it what you want, it meant I was afraid. It was from satan, and he wanted to kill, steal and destroy my soul.
But God also showed me He had the power of love to remove fear. And other christians helped me to cast out fear. Sometimes you have to literally tell it to leave! It has no place in a born again christian so you need to give it an eviction notice, and send it packing! See mine had entered when I was really young and had kind of taken up residence. I was a fearful child and was known to be so shy I never spoke to anyone, even if they just said hello. Everything scared me and was threatening to me but guess what Jesus somehow didnt scare me.

I knew he loved me and he would never leave me nor forsake me. He is always true and keeps his promise. I can trust him. It wasnt just a matter of turning to Jesus and the spirit of fear leaving just like that though, it had a grip on me and wouldnt let go. It had to be told to go, commanded to leave.

Why do we cast out demons? Because if we dont cast them out its like not ever throwing your garbage out. Now I dont know about you but I find it really hard to live with rubbish all piled up around me.

Back