STANDING ON THE SOLID ROCK (Exodus 33:12-23)

STANDING ON THE ROCK! (Exodus 33:12-23)

.....Moshe asks YHVH a very interesting question; “You say bring this people up, but who is going with me?”
Without guidance, we can go nowhere. It is like walking in the dark without a flashlight, or being in the middle of the ocean without a compass. Where will we go? Who will lead us? Adonai has the answer Moshe is searching for;
.....“My presence goes, and I shall give you rest” (vs 14) The “Ruach Elohim” will go with the people, and they will receive “shalom”. There are two kinds of rest, “physical rest” from our labors, and “spiritual rest” that is from within us. Before, we were burdened down with the curse of sin, but once we accept Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Christ) as our LORD and Savior, we have his “presence” inside of us to give us “peace” (shalom)
Moshe wants to experience the “essence” of YHVH, but who can know who He really is? Can we grasp the meaning of the universe? The mind of God? We are limited, to what we can fathom as fallen beings, but YHVH listens to Moshe and gives him an answer;
.....“I shall cause all my goodness to pass before you, and I shall proclaim the Name of YHVH………See, there is a place with me, and you shall stand on the ROCK……. (vss 19,21)
.....There was a special place, a special ROCK, where Moshe was placed, he “Stood” upon the ROCK” (HaTzur)
In the picturesque/symbolic ancient Hebrew, the letters can symbolize, “The first Tzadik to receive the nail”
The ROCK symbolizes YESHUA, who IS the TZADIK (the righteous one) who received the Nail and paid our sin price in full, and thus…giving us SHALOM (rest) from our spiritual torment of being lost sinners.
The name YHVH proclaimed is HAVAYAH, (the essence of existence) who is “Haya” (the past) Hoveh (the present) and “YiYah” (the future) and who is YESHUAH (salvation of YAH)

Shalom……………rabbi Ben Avraham

Back