Staying Focused on the Lord

"Blessed is the one ...whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night " Psalm 1:1,2

It seems that whenever my life takes a bad turn it is usually because I haven't been listening to God's voice or spending enough time in the Word. The Hebrews had to take sacrifices to the temple constantly to atone for their sins and to keep themselves continually right with God. We need to stay focused on God and to keep ourselves immersed in the Word to accomplish what the ancient sacrifices did. Christ is our sacrifice, but the onus is upon us to keep Him foremost in our thoughts if we wish to hear God's voice and guidance to keep us from sinning. We have SO much to be joyful and thankful for - we have the Lord to lead us along the right path. Praise be to God!!!!!!!

Reminds me of Joshua 1:8 also....

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.
Joshua 1:8 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/jos.1.8.AMPC

Thank you Egraine for the reminder and wisdom =)

Back