STUBBORNNESS

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
In Broken in the Right Place, Alan Nelson describes a scene from the book A Layman Looks at the Lord's Prayer.

The author talks about watching a potter mold a lump of clay. On the shelves in his workshop stood gleaming goblets, beautiful vases, and exquisite bowls. The potter went to an odorous pit in the floor and took out a lump of clay. The smell was from rotting grass, which increased the quality of the material and made it stick better. The potter patted the lump of clay in his hands into a ball. Placing the lump onto the slab of stone with seasoned skill, the potter sat down on his wobbly little wooden stool. Already the master potter could envision the work of art this lump of earth would become. Whirling the wheel gently, the artist caressed the spinning mound. Prior to each touch, he dipped his hands into the two water basins flanking each side of the wheel. the clay responded to the pressure applied by his fingers. A beautiful goblet arose from the pile, responding to each pinch and impression.
Suddenly the stone stopped, and the potter removed a piece of grit. His seasoned fingers detected the unpliable aggregate. The stone spun again, allowing him to smooth out the former lodging of the grit. Suddenly the stone stopped again. He removed another hard object from the goblet's side, leaving a mark in the vessel. The particles of grain within the cup resisted his hands. It would not respond to his wishes. Quickly the potter squashed the form back into a pile of clay. Instead of the beautiful goblet, the artisan formed the material into a crude, finger bowl...When we resist the Master Potter's hand, we run the very real risk of becoming less than we could become.

Character, Discipleship, Growth, Repentance, Sovereignty of God
Isa. 64:8; Rom. 9:19; 2 Peter 1:5-9

Ohhhhh yeaaaa.... one of my favorite passages in the Bible....

THE WORD which came to Jeremiah from the Lord:

Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.

Then I went down to the potter's house, and behold, he was working at the wheel.

And the vessel that he was making from clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he made it over, reworking it into another vessel as it seemed good to the potter to make it.

Then the word of the Lord came to me:

O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does? says the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.

Jeremiah 18:1‭-‬6 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/jer.18.1-6.AMPC

Thank You Father for being my potter. Help me not to resist what You desire to do in my life, but to fully yield. Thank You that it is You who dwells in me giving me the power and desire to do what pleases You! Philippians 2:13
In Jesus Name, I thank You and give You the glory

Thank You Father for being my potter. Help me not to resist what You desire to do in my life, but to fully yield. Thank You that it is You who dwells in me giving me the power and desire to do what pleases You! Philippians 2:13
In Jesus Name, I thank You and give You the glory

AMEN!!

Back