Sunday School - May 24, 2009

Sunday School - May 24, 2009

Societal success is accomplished by a define order which serves the needs of those who reside within. Structure is maintained by assigning authority to a few, who are given responsibilities and functional task that assures harmony is maintained therein. In theory, such is a successful system of life, in reality, many obstacles impede or derails the intended will of such. This mean of social order is modeled after that which is given by God; however, the anomaly that causes disharmony, is the sinful state of man.

Job 15:16 How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Order that is maintained through a Godly life seeks the approval of those who have authority over us and serves the needs and desires of those who are given to our care. When this is done as God has ordained, such is a seamless process, which serves the need of all and fulfills the will of a Holy God. The accomplishment is a Godly system void of selfish pride, disobedience and/or rebellion, yet bursting with love which models the ultimate example given by our Lord and Savior. Thus, we have a perfect picture that points to the love of Christ, where love is the act of living and we are the conduits through which love flows directly from Christ.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

What a great plan to follow from a Loving God we serve….

This week's lesson is again from the book of Ephesians. For those who follow the International Sunday School Lesson Plan (aka: The Standard Sunday School Lesson), this Sunday's lesson (May 24, 2009) comes from Ephesians 5:21 – 6:4.

This lesson discusses the collective need for all to submit to the divine and blessed will of an all-knowing God. Wives are to submit themselves to their husbands, as to the Lord. Husbands are to be the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church; thus, the Church is subjected unto Christ. The submission of a wife to her husband is one of an unselfish love, provided by the husband to his wife. The husband’s role is not to demean or belittle, but one that serves the need of his wife, even to a greater degree than she serves herself. To better understand the responsibility of a husband is to understand and model the love Christ has for His Church.

Ephesians 5:25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Such a love is one that gives all in support and maintenance for both physical and spiritual. The spiritual development of the wife is the husband's responsibility; such will assure the sanctification through to knowledge and application of God’s word. A holy relationship with a walk in Godly preparation will foster a glorious relationship between husband and wife with no perceive spots, wrinkles or blemish. Such is how Christ love and perceive His Church, such is how a man should love his wife.

Ephesians 5:28b-29. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church.

To this end, a husband is one with his wife as two in one flesh; such is the reason a man shall leave his father and mother for the joyous joining of himself to his wife. This too is a great mystery, which point to the symbolic marriage of Christ to His Church. Thus, husband and wife is only a shadow of the Heavenly marriage yet to come.

2 Corinthians 11:2. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Revelation 21:2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Children are admonished to obey their parents in the Lord. This is right and in their best interest, for such is the first commandment with a promise. As wives are to follow their husbands as their husbands follow Christ, such is the path that serve best for children as well. The authority given to man by God does not usurp the righteousness established by God, nor are those who refuse unrighteous commands held at fault in disobedience. God is the final authority and to Him, are we all held to an account.

Acts 5:29. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

1 Corinthians 11:1-3. Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Fathers are not to provoke their children to wrath through anger, abuse or neglect. Rather teach them in Godliness and spiritual discipline for the purpose of establishing a solid foundation, for a good, holy and prosperous life. For such is the will of God and the model set forth by Christ.

If you are not a typical Sunday School attendee, Go and surprise the teacher. If your Church does not follow the Standard Sunday School Lesson and you are not aware of the topic of discussion, take on the attitude of "positive anticipation". I am sure you will like it; there is nothing like reading and discussing God's Word.

FYI: Sunday School is not just for Kids, it is also for the Humble (those who desire to submit to the commands of a Holy God) at heart.

Good Day and God Bless

Back