Take Heed What Ye Hear.....

We are to seek those things which are above….where Christ sits on the right hand of God. We shall hear His voice above in “heaven”….the “air” where the words travel to our ears. We are to be born “again”…that is, born from ABOVE. “Again”= above.

John 3:3 KJV
(3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The words that we with our ears are “above” our own hearts ….our own thoughts and ways…which have been minding the earthly things as we have learned everything we know from earthly-minded men who live in envy and strife and divisions. They speak words with man’s earthly wisdom. They walk as carnal, earthy men and speak of the earth and will not receive spiritual things….heavenly things….for they will think that they spiritual things are foolish. The “natural man” will hear the things of the Spirit of God and not receive them for they are foolishness unto him. Neither can the natural man know them because they are spiritually discerned. They will not partake of the river of life….the things which the Holy Spirit teaches.

1 Corinthians 2:12-15 KJV
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(15) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

His thoughts and ways are higher than our own. His ways and His thoughts are higher than our own. We are to receive His testimony which is higher than our own.

Isaiah 55:9-12 KJV
(9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(10) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater
:

It is His Word that goes forth out of His mouth……and we are to hear. It is the “rain” that comes down and the “snow” from heaven…..the pure Word. It waters the heart and makes it bring forth joy and peace.

(11) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

The Word brings forth JOY and peace…..

(12) For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

….it brings LIFE to the hearer….

(13) Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Blessed is the man that will not walk in the counsel of the ungodly nor stand in the way of sinners nor sit in the seat of the scornful. Some men will hear the words of life and spirit and will not believe and obey. Instead, they will obey wrath and unrighteousness as they will contend and oppose with what they will hear.

Psalms 1:1-6 KJV
(1) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But blessed is the man who will delight in the law of Jehovah. This man will remember to let brotherly love continue….as He has commanded us.

(2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of waters….the words of life and spirit. He will sit at the feet of Jesus and hear Him and receive His testimony. He will drink freely of the river of life. He will bring forth his fruit in due season. He shall be found bringing forth the fruits of righteousness at the hearing of His words. This man will be found “awake” to the righteousness of God when he shall hear the voice of the Lord for he will REMEMBER to do His Word….to have love for another..

(3) And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

But the ungodly will not be so. They will be found “sleeping”…forgetting to let brotherly love rule in their lives. They will behave badly and speak evil words and make false accusations against the brothers who will be sent to speak His words through the Spirit…..the living waters. The “natural man” will not receive of the river of life…..the things taught by the Holy Spirit.

(4) The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
(5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
(6) For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

We are to seek the things which are above.

Colossians 3:1-8 KJV
(1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

We are to set our affections on things above….where we hear the words of the Lord coming to our ears.

(2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

We are to deaden our members (our TONGUES) which are upon the earth so that when Christ who is OUR LIFE shall appear, then we shall also appear with Him in glory.

(4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
(6) For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

We are the “Bride” of Christ as we shall speak His words to others. The “wife” is the tongue that will speak His words of life and spirit….the TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD. But the “wife” must ready “herself”. The mouth must put off all of these things: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication.

(8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

We speak His words as the “bride”. The friend of the bridegroom stands and hears His voice and REJOICES at what he shall hear. He must increase, but we must decrease. His thoughts and ways are higher than our own.

John 3:

(29) He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
(30) He must increase, but I must decrease.

He that comes from above is above ALL….and we are to receive His testimony versus the earthly men who speak of the earth....speaking in man's wisdom and not God's.

(31) He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
(32) And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
(33) He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God….the true sayings of God.

(34) For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
(35) The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

And he that shall hear and BELIEVE on the Son has an age-lasting life NOW. He that will not believe the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God abides upon him. The unbeliever is ALREADY actively perishing away from off the earth. The mortal body is decaying away to the grave as we speak. We are “dead” already.

(36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

We are to hear His voice and PRAISE GOD and not glorify earthly-minded men who build churches and denominations with their own imaginations and covet after the things of this world. We are to praise Him and FEAR Him and keep His commandments having love for those who are sent by Him to preach His words of life and spirit to their ears.

Revelation 19:5-13 KJV
(5) And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
(6) And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Let us hear Him and be GLAD AND REJOICE and give honor to God. The “marriage of the Lamb” is come. The “wife”…the tongue…has made herself ready by putting away all deceit and evil speaking so that “she” may be used to speak the “TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD” to others……the “marriage supper” of the Lamb. Blessed are those who are called unto the “marriage supper”. Let us hear and believe in the voice of the Bridegroom who uses the bride that has readied herself to speak His words.

(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
(9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

The marriage supper of the Lamb is the TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD as spoken in the Spirit by the tongue (the “wife”) that has readied herself. Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb…..to hear and believe in the TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD….the Word of God spoken in Christ. We are NOT to worship the messenger who will speak His words but to worship God alone. We are to glorify God and NOT men.

(10) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Word of God as spoken in Truth is powerful…. and in righteousness does He judge and make war. We shall be judged by how we hear and respond to His voice. . As He HEARS, He JUDGES….and His judgment is JUST.

(11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
(12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
(13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Those who will speak His words will not speak guile….deceit. No guile shall be found in their mouths. They will not defile themselves with “women”….that is, their tongues. They will not handle the Word of God with deceit.

Revelation 14:4-5 KJV
(4) These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
(5) And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

We are to REMEMBER to let brotherly love continue and gird up the loins of our minds…..

Luke 12:35-40 KJV
(35) Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;

…so that when He will return from the “wedding” , He shall find us like men that wait for their Lord by remembering to do His will and have love for the brothers who will come to speak the TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD. The bridegroom is Christ within and the bride is the tongue that speaks the TRUE SAYINGS OF GOD….the “marriage supper of the Lamb” which feeds us the meat of the Truth. Let us remember to do His will so that when He comes and knocks with His voice that we may open unto Him IMMEDIATELY.

(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

Those who will remember to let brotherly love continue shall be found “watching”…AWAKE. They will enter in to know the mysteries of the kingdom…..being served the MEAT of the Truth by Him….the “marriage supper”.

(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

(39) And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
(40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Except a man be born from above, he can not see the kingdom of God. Outside will be those who will be found sleeping…..who will not be remembering to let love rule . They….the evil servants…. will say within their hearts that the Lord delays His coming and begin to “beat” upon those who were sent to speak His words to them….the “marriage supper”.

Let up gird up the loins of our minds and be “sober”…..not being “drunk” on the wine of wrath in opposition to what we hear. Let us be obedient children and not fashion ourselves according to the former lusts that were being fulfilled before we had heard the Word of Truth spoken to our ears. Before we heard, we were carnal behaving in envy and strife and living in the denominations of earthly-minded men as we hated each other.

1 Peter 1:13-23 KJV
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

We are to be holy as He is holy.

(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
(17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
(18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
(19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
(21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

We purify our souls in obeying the Truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brothers who are sent to them to speak the incorruptible Word of God in sincerity and not as the corruptible word of men who mind earthly things and speak to deceive.

(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

He that is holy, let him be holy still….

Revelation 22:11-12 KJV
(11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The called out (out of Babylon) in “Philadelphia”….meaning “brotherly love”….shall hear what the Spirit is saying and will NOT resist the Spirit. They will obey the Truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brothers. They will have “little strength”…that is, they will not rebel and oppose vehemently what they hear the “open door” saying. In meekness they will receive the Word.

The Lord sets before them an “open door”…..a door of utterance….an open mouth… which none can resist or gainsay. The church in” brotherly love” will hear what the brothers who are sent by Him are saying in the Spirit without responding in evil.

“…these things says He that is holy…” : They will be holy as He is holy. They will keep His word and will not deny His “name”….that is, His authority over them. They will let brotherly love continue as commanded by Him (keeping His Word) as they will hear what a “stranger” has to say. They will entertain strangers.

Revelation 3:7-10 KJV

(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
(9) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
(10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

What “estate” will “Tychicus” (a beloved brother and a faithful minister and fellow servant in the Lord) find us in as the brothers will come to preach the Word of Truth in the Spirit to our ears? Let us hear what a brother and a fellow servant in the Lord has to say.

Colossians 4:7-8 KJV
(7) All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:
(8) Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;

What “estate” shall we be found in? Will we be found remembering to let brotherly love continue when a “stranger” comes to preach His words to our ears? Or will the day come upon us unawares and we are found in the “drunkenness” of wrath as we contend with what we hear or will we be too bogged down by the cares of this life to hear? Will we be too “busy” to sit at the feet of Jesus and hear His words? Will our hearts be “overcharged” with these things?

Luke 21:34-36 KJV
(34) And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
(35) For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

We are to “watch”…that is, stay awake by remembering to have brotherly love at all times.

(36) Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

We are to take heed on how we hear. For those who will hear, MORE shall be given.

Mark 4:24-25 KJV
(24) And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25) For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Remember Martha who was “careful and troubled” about many things. She was too busy serving to stop and hear what Jesus had to say. But Mary sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. Those who stop to hear, more shall be given….but those who are overcharged with the cares of this world, even what they have heard shall be taken away from them.

Luke 10:38-42 KJV
(38) Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
(39) And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
(40) But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
(41) And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
(42) But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

What “estate” shall we be found in? TODAY, if we HEAR His voice, we are not to harden our hearts as in the provocation…..in the day of TEMPTATION in the wilderness.

Hebrews 3:7-19 KJV
(7) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
(8) Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
(10) Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
(11) So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
(12) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
(13) But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
(14) For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
(15) While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Some did HEAR and PROVOKE….leaving us an example of what will happen to the ungodly.

(16) For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
(17) But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
(18) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
(19) So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Will we speak evil of “dignities” who will come to preach His Word of Truth? Will we despise “dominion”?

I thought this was going to be about taking heed to what you hear and what measure you meet the same as measured again but this post is all over the place

Back