Tell me a story of how God has been encouraging you recently

Greetings love said walk ,
We all go through tough times and some tougher then others but never the less the same God that said He would NOT ever leave us or forsake us Will Get us through to the other side.

God has been encouraging us by teaching us all about the Covenant we are living under.
Separating the old from the new.
He is Amazing and All one needs to do us to cry out and expect and BELIEVE that He Will Answer you AND He Will.

Praying for you!!
Know your covenant
Enjoy your Salvation
Blessings in Christ
FCJ

i have been going through a tough time, and I know that it's better to give encouragement than receive but I fell that I would be uplifted by hearing ways in which God has been uplifting you :)

would love to hear a story from you about our loving loving loving Father <3

Tough times are a fact of life. God never said that He would remove them from our lives but instead He will hold our hand as we walk with Him through those times.

One of my grand kids, a 15 year old, called me the other day. He was doing an essay and he remembered something I said several years ago and wanted me to explain it to him. It was a blessing to realize that he was listening!!!!!!!

i have been going through a tough time, and I know that it's better to give encouragement than receive but I fell that I would be uplifted by hearing ways in which God has been uplifting you:)

Been misunderstood a lot of times, at work, because of my temper: of how I deliver what I like to say.

Been working on my temper and it does has some progress by God’s grace :)

Not to lengthen the background of it: the Good Book… ah, it is more than A BOOK!

Say, a good gardener sharing tips on how to plant properly, say, lemon grass… that is shared knowledge..

The Bible is more than a book of knowledge being shared: it is GOD speaking to us!

Well, since I like to think of recent events at work: it is good to replace a not so good past with future things to make things better.

Philippians 4:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

that is: my point or the learnings I got from the Good Book:
Do not dwell on negative thoughts....
and if I cant help to stop my mind to THINK
(instead of say, exercising my physical body and enjoying the sun, but really like to think THEN:

THINK of positive things...oh, more so than positive thinking as Paul says it: think of EXCELLENT, PRAISEWORTHY THINGS!

Sometimes we get beat down by seemingly constant small disapointments that grind against our outlook.

Sometimes things are truely out of our hands.

It is important to recognize the difference.

For myself, a few years ago, things beyond my control seemed to be against me, but they turned out to lead to some of the GREATEST blessings of my life (other than my family).

I am now embarking in a new situation, and I think God is moving me in the next direction He wants for me. It's a little scary, leaving a home before we locate the next, but I have experience in waiting on The Lord and we are excited for the future.

i have been going through a tough time, and I know that it's better to give encouragement than receive but I fell that I would be uplifted by hearing ways in which God has been uplifting you :)

Here is a copy of what the Holy Spirit wrote to a member who was struggling with things.... Jim (fcj) and I pray it ministers to you as well

Trust me... God is pleased with all that you are doing to learn and get to know Him. His eyes are constantly on you, and He is pleased.

As i was writing this God reminded me about when i was first learning to get to know Him again, and putting His Word into practice. I was reading a book called captured by Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah. The following was a few paragraphs that jumped off the page and made me feel as if GOD was speaking directly to me at that moment (I firmly believe He was). I pray it blesses and encourages you as it did for me :)

The first paragraph is written about/by John Newton after loosing his adoptive daughter Eliza.
Her grieving adoptive father prepared a little memorial book for the girl that he had awaited for so long. In it he wrote: "if we know and trust Him....He chooses better for us than we can for ourselves..... but now i can praise and adore Him for.....His plan. I not only can bow......to His sovereignty, but I admire His wisdom and goodness, and can say from my heart, He has done all things well.

The rest of this is from the author.....
Can you say that about your walk with God? Can you praise and adore Him even when your heart is breaking and you feel overwhelmed by disappointment? It could be that your struggling with some trial at this very moment. If you can place your trust totally in His Love and His promise to work all things for your good, then you will have taken a step toward embracing the mysteries of His grace. You will bear a slightly closer resemblance to the Savior who gave His life to save you.

Then God will look upon your life, smile, and say, "Yes, My child. How you've grown since you first came to know Me! You're becoming wiser and stronger every day. There was a time when you could rejoice only when the sun was shining. But now your soul is taking on real substance. Now you are becoming sturdy and strong. I have trusted you with this burden, and you have honored Me through the stubbornness of your faith".

"Though your eyes are presently filled with tears, My child, and though your shoulders sag with unhappiness, I want you to know something. I want you to be assured that our adventure together is only beginning. Trials remain for you to face, but behind each obstacle there lies a greater joy. And all along the way, I have paved your road with blessings to remind you of the inheritance that is yours as My child. Walk on, now, in the joy that will not be slowed even by sadness. Walk on toward the crown of glory that has your name on it."
"Walk on, My child. And let us walk together."

As i read this...tears were flowing, and i knew that this was God speaking to me, (this was about 7 or 8 years ago) I hung onto the blessings part that were along the way....and it helped to get me through the next storm or trial. I pray it gives you the same hope!

Here is another verse God gave me a few years ago...1 Peter 5:12b.....My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God’s grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.

God loves you and is more than capable to help you to know His voice. So don't put any time into doubting yourself. Philippians 2:13 says that it is He who dwells in you (via the Holy Spirit) giving you the power and desire to do what pleases Him. What we all have to do is learn to trust ourselves to know His leading.

God trusts us with His precious Word, and knows that when we are seeking Him, He can get through to us because He knows that we have a willing and teachable heart. For God always looks at the heart of the person, and is more concerned with the process of learning faith and trusting in Him, and not on the outcome. He knows that anyone truly seeking Him will come running into His loving arms to repent if we miss it. And that pleases Him more than perfectly walking out our salvation.

God bless you. Keep your head up and keep trusting God to help you understand everything.... for Jesus told His disciples "unto you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" we also are His disciples and that applies to us as well. For we have the Spirit of truth living inside of us (john 16:13-15). And if we don't know or understand... all we have to do is ask and James 1:6 says He will give us the wisdom with out any problems... all we have to do is expect in faith that He is able :)

Hello Love Said Walk;

A friend of mine shared his story how he and 37 people were two hours from death on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

His family was 11 brothers and sisters, their Mom and Dad, who was the town’s mayor in Viet Nam back in the 1960s. This family owned 5 homes.

When Viet Nam fell to the Communists in 1975, their father became a political prisoner and was thrown in prison. The government took all their homes and left them with one.

His mother and all her children were forced out their home and 6 of her 11 children died as a result of the war.

While in prison the father’s internal organs were breaking down, the government allowed him to go home. They didn’t want the burden of caring for him and felt he was no longer a threat. so they assigned a prisoner guard to accompany him back to his family and town. The guard felt the father’s health wasn’t a threat, what could he do at this point so he left him and went home to his family in a neigboring town.

The father, mom and remaining 5 children including my friend who told this story quietly left Viet Nam on a boat with 37 other refugees. Hoping to go to another country where they would be safe and start a new life, they sat very close together and shared everything they had. During this fall of Saigon, this is where the name "boat people" came from.

My friend goes on to tell his story of the captain of the boat crying. The captain could see by the weather and wind the boat was not going to survive another 2 hours. He cried because in his experience on the open seas a hurricane was stirring and most boat people don’t survive this kind of whirlwind.

When the man’s father heard this with his failing organ, he stood up on the boat, raised his hands in the air and said;
God, I never knew you. Can you save us? Please don’t worry about me, but save these people, my wife and my children. God, when I am on land I will worship you all the days of my life.

Suddenly all 37 people saw a little dot in the ocean. The closer the boat got, they could see a little island off of Japan. They arrived just when the hurricane had started and became very strong. The 37 hurried and helped each other pull the boat just in case they were forced off the island and then went into an empty fishing house.

After the hurricane calmed the fisher men and women came back to their little fishing house and saw the surviving 37 people. They gave them rice, fish and water.

With so much going on, the people noticed the father’s organ had healed and he was able to walk pain free. He asked everyone to gather and they started praying in Vietnamese. Some got down on their knees and from that moment the father gave his life to Jesus Christ.

The refugees were sent to a refugee camp in Hong Kong and it was there the father began reading the Bible, praying daily and volunteering for ministry, mostly helping others constantly, and doing anything he could do to serve God. His whole family came to Jesus Christ. After Hong Kong the father, his wife and their 5 children including my friend came to the United States.

All this happened in 1981 and 37 years later they have all finished college, gone their own way but all of them are still serving God.

My friend is a teacher and goes back to Viet Nam often to teach at a Bible college and serves as Pastor at his church. He and his wife are raising their young children.

His testimony inspired me very much. God is real, He is faithful and is with us through all circumstances to those who believe.

God bless you, Love Said Walk and your wonderful family.

Greetings love said walk ,
We all go through tough times and some tougher then others but never the less the same God that said He would NOT ever leave us or forsake us Will Get us through to the other side.

God has been encouraging us by teaching us all about the Covenant we are living under.
Separating the old from the new.
He is Amazing and All one needs to do us to cry out and expect and BELIEVE that He Will Answer you AND He Will.

Praying for you!!
Know your covenant
Enjoy your Salvation
Blessings in Christ
FCJ
Thank you for you words fish catcher Ji, i'm hanging onto these words
"All one needs to do us to cry out and expect and BELIEVE that He Will Answer you AND He Will".

He is amazing! thank you fish catcher Jim :)

Tough times are a fact of life. God never said that He would remove them from our lives but instead He will hold our hand as we walk with Him through those times.

One of my grand kids, a 15 year old, called me the other day. He was doing an essay and he remembered something I said several years ago and wanted me to explain it to him. It was a blessing to realize that he was listening!!!!!!!

Major that is sooooooo encouraging!!!! so awesome to hear that the seed planted all those years ago sprouted in a way you couldn't have expected or planned, shows how our God can work his purposes beyoung ways we can plan predict or imagine.>>
thank you for your encourgaing words....and yes, so true, he doesn't promise we won't have hard times, but like you said,he'd hold our hand, and believe me, i'm hanging on!

thank you for your words friend :)

Been misunderstood a lot of times, at work, because of my temper: of how I deliver what I like to say.

Been working on my temper and it does has some progress by God’s grace :)

Not to lengthen the background of it: the Good Book… ah, it is more than A BOOK!

Say, a good gardener sharing tips on how to plant properly, say, lemon grass… that is shared knowledge..

The Bible is more than a book of knowledge being shared: it is GOD speaking to us!

Well, since I like to think of recent events at work: it is good to replace a not so good past with future things to make things better.

Philippians 4:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

that is: my point or the learnings I got from the Good Book:
Do not dwell on negative thoughts....
and if I cant help to stop my mind to THINK
(instead of say, exercising my physical body and enjoying the sun, but really like to think THEN:

THINK of positive things...oh, more so than positive thinking as Paul says it: think of EXCELLENT, PRAISEWORTHY THINGS!

Thank you aha :) I appreciate your words, and may God be with you on your journey :)

yes, I agree, whatever is excellent and worthy or praise! i will thik on these things :)

Major that is sooooooo encouraging!!!! so awesome to hear that the seed planted all those years ago sprouted in a way you couldn't have expected or planned, shows how our God can work his purposes beyoung ways we can plan predict or imagine.>>
thank you for your encourgaing words....and yes, so true, he doesn't promise we won't have hard times, but like you said,he'd hold our hand, and believe me, i'm hanging on!

thank you for your words friend :)

Thank you for the kind words.

Remember Philippians 1:6...…….
"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

I as

I asked God to help me be tidy as am such a messy person (according to my boss) so over the past few weeks Hes been showing me how to be more organised. Last week for some silly reason I did not put my eftpos card in my wallet but shoved in my pocket, well it must have fallen out because I couldnt find it when I got home. Teaching me the lesson of putting back everything in its place! (So I know where it is)
When I'm gardening a lot of it is tidying up plus weeding, but another thing is planting plants in the right place. So that means a lot of shifting and reorganising so that the plants can grow without overtaking each other or being jammed in and having the right amount of sun.
Sometimes it can be a tough job and you need to make sacrifices (of plants!), but God sees the big picture so I just need to keep reaching that vision. See Matthew 15:13!

Sometimes we get beat down by seemingly constant small disapointments that grind against our outlook.

Sometimes things are truely out of our hands.

It is important to recognize the difference.

For myself, a few years ago, things beyond my control seemed to be against me, but they turned out to lead to some of the GREATEST blessings of my life (other than my family).

I am now embarking in a new situation, and I think God is moving me in the next direction He wants for me. It's a little scary, leaving a home before we locate the next, but I have experience in waiting on The Lord and we are excited for the future.

I am so encouraged and empowered to hear your story of how God turned things that we beyond your control into the greatest blessings of your life :)

I am praying for you Siloam for your new direction! for your new situation! I can only imagine the scary feeling, praying for you as you rely on your experience of trusting him, Your faith strengthens mine friend :)

Here is a copy of what the Holy Spirit wrote to a member who was struggling with things.... Jim (fcj) and I pray it ministers to you as well

Trust me... God is pleased with all that you are doing to learn and get to know Him. His eyes are constantly on you, and He is pleased.

As i was writing this God reminded me about when i was first learning to get to know Him again, and putting His Word into practice. I was reading a book called captured by Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah. The following was a few paragraphs that jumped off the page and made me feel as if GOD was speaking directly to me at that moment (I firmly believe He was). I pray it blesses and encourages you as it did for me :)

The first paragraph is written about/by John Newton after loosing his adoptive daughter Eliza.
Her grieving adoptive father prepared a little memorial book for the girl that he had awaited for so long. In it he wrote: "if we know and trust Him....He chooses better for us than we can for ourselves..... but now i can praise and adore Him for.....His plan. I not only can bow......to His sovereignty, but I admire His wisdom and goodness, and can say from my heart, He has done all things well.

The rest of this is from the author.....
Can you say that about your walk with God? Can you praise and adore Him even when your heart is breaking and you feel overwhelmed by disappointment? It could be that your struggling with some trial at this very moment. If you can place your trust totally in His Love and His promise to work all things for your good, then you will have taken a step toward embracing the mysteries of His grace. You will bear a slightly closer resemblance to the Savior who gave His life to save you.

Then God will look upon your life, smile, and say, "Yes, My child. How you've grown since you first came to know Me! You're becoming wiser and stronger every day. There was a time when you could rejoice only when the sun was shining. But now your soul is taking on real substance. Now you are becoming sturdy and strong. I have trusted you with this burden, and you have honored Me through the stubbornness of your faith".

"Though your eyes are presently filled with tears, My child, and though your shoulders sag with unhappiness, I want you to know something. I want you to be assured that our adventure together is only beginning. Trials remain for you to face, but behind each obstacle there lies a greater joy. And all along the way, I have paved your road with blessings to remind you of the inheritance that is yours as My child. Walk on, now, in the joy that will not be slowed even by sadness. Walk on toward the crown of glory that has your name on it."
"Walk on, My child. And let us walk together."

As i read this...tears were flowing, and i knew that this was God speaking to me, (this was about 7 or 8 years ago) I hung onto the blessings part that were along the way....and it helped to get me through the next storm or trial. I pray it gives you the same hope!

Here is another verse God gave me a few years ago...1 Peter 5:12b.....My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God’s grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.

God loves you and is more than capable to help you to know His voice. So don't put any time into doubting yourself. Philippians 2:13 says that it is He who dwells in you (via the Holy Spirit) giving you the power and desire to do what pleases Him. What we all have to do is learn to trust ourselves to know His leading.

God trusts us with His precious Word, and knows that when we are seeking Him, He can get through to us because He knows that we have a willing and teachable heart. For God always looks at the heart of the person, and is more concerned with the process of learning faith and trusting in Him, and not on the outcome. He knows that anyone truly seeking Him will come running into His loving arms to repent if we miss it. And that pleases Him more than perfectly walking out our salvation.

God bless you. Keep your head up and keep trusting God to help you understand everything.... for Jesus told His disciples "unto you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" we also are His disciples and that applies to us as well. For we have the Spirit of truth living inside of us (john 16:13-15). And if we don't know or understand... all we have to do is ask and James 1:6 says He will give us the wisdom with out any problems... all we have to do is expect in faith that He is able :)
I love this! "now your soul is taking on real substance"

this is super powerful, I will keep walking!

I see that there's a great purpose behind all this! thank you so much friend :)

Hello Love Said Walk;

A friend of mine shared his story how he and 37 people were two hours from death on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

His family was 11 brothers and sisters, their Mom and Dad, who was the town’s mayor in Viet Nam back in the 1960s. This family owned 5 homes.

When Viet Nam fell to the Communists in 1975, their father became a political prisoner and was thrown in prison. The government took all their homes and left them with one.

His mother and all her children were forced out their home and 6 of her 11 children died as a result of the war.

While in prison the father’s internal organs were breaking down, the government allowed him to go home. They didn’t want the burden of caring for him and felt he was no longer a threat. so they assigned a prisoner guard to accompany him back to his family and town. The guard felt the father’s health wasn’t a threat, what could he do at this point so he left him and went home to his family in a neigboring town.

The father, mom and remaining 5 children including my friend who told this story quietly left Viet Nam on a boat with 37 other refugees. Hoping to go to another country where they would be safe and start a new life, they sat very close together and shared everything they had. During this fall of Saigon, this is where the name "boat people" came from.

My friend goes on to tell his story of the captain of the boat crying. The captain could see by the weather and wind the boat was not going to survive another 2 hours. He cried because in his experience on the open seas a hurricane was stirring and most boat people don’t survive this kind of whirlwind.

When the man’s father heard this with his failing organ, he stood up on the boat, raised his hands in the air and said;
God, I never knew you. Can you save us? Please don’t worry about me, but save these people, my wife and my children. God, when I am on land I will worship you all the days of my life.

Suddenly all 37 people saw a little dot in the ocean. The closer the boat got, they could see a little island off of Japan. They arrived just when the hurricane had started and became very strong. The 37 hurried and helped each other pull the boat just in case they were forced off the island and then went into an empty fishing house.

After the hurricane calmed the fisher men and women came back to their little fishing house and saw the surviving 37 people. They gave them rice, fish and water.

With so much going on, the people noticed the father’s organ had healed and he was able to walk pain free. He asked everyone to gather and they started praying in Vietnamese. Some got down on their knees and from that moment the father gave his life to Jesus Christ.

The refugees were sent to a refugee camp in Hong Kong and it was there the father began reading the Bible, praying daily and volunteering for ministry, mostly helping others constantly, and doing anything he could do to serve God. His whole family came to Jesus Christ. After Hong Kong the father, his wife and their 5 children including my friend came to the United States.

All this happened in 1981 and 37 years later they have all finished college, gone their own way but all of them are still serving God.

My friend is a teacher and goes back to Viet Nam often to teach at a Bible college and serves as Pastor at his church. He and his wife are raising their young children.

His testimony inspired me very much. God is real, He is faithful and is with us through all circumstances to those who believe.

God bless you, Love Said Walk and your wonderful family.
I was close to crying after reading this.....in that storm they found an island after he prayed! what a miracle!!! and he was healed too!! God in incredible.

I am so moved and encouraged by this bobinfaith, this has made my heart so warm :)

Back