Tell the good news

Tell the Good News
God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
– 2 Corinthians 5:19
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Very few unsaved people today have ever really heard the “good news.” Why? Because too many Christians are busy telling the world God is mad at them. And telling them that they’re terrible and wrong. Some call that “good news,” but it’s not, and it’s not what God has commissioned us to share.
He’s given us the “word of reconciliation”!

He’s sent us to tell the news that God has restored harmony and fellowship between Himself and men. All men. Not just believers. Not just the people in your church, but everyone!

That’s right. The worst old reprobate sinner in the world is every bit as reconciled to God as you are. Look at Romans 5:10 and you’ll see what I mean. It says that “when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son.”

Reconciled. That word is past tense. God has already restored fellowship between Himself and the world. He did it when there was not one person on earth except Jesus who believed in the new birth. He did it when the entire world was lying in sin.

Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, God has cleansed and forgiven and restored to Himself every man, woman and child on the face of this earth. All any of us have to do now is receive it.

That’s the good word God has given us. That’s the word we need to share with those who are lost. If we’ll do it, I can almost guarantee you, they won’t stay lost very long.
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:10-21
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Tell the Good News
God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Very few unsaved people today have ever really heard the “good news.” Why? Because too many Christians are busy telling the world God is mad at them. And telling them that they’re terrible and wrong. Some call that “good news,” but it’s not, and it’s not what God has commissioned us to share.

He’s sent us to tell the news that God has restored harmony and fellowship between Himself and men. All men. Not just believers. Not just the people in your church, but everyone!

That’s right. The worst old reprobate sinner in the world is every bit as reconciled to God as you are. Look at Romans 5:10 and you’ll see what I mean. It says that “when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son.”

Reconciled. That word is past tense. God has already restored fellowship between Himself and the world. He did it when there was not one person on earth except Jesus who believed in the new birth. He did it when the entire world was lying in sin.

Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, God has cleansed and forgiven and restored to Himself every man, woman and child on the face of this earth. All any of us have to do now is receive it.

That’s the good word God has given us. That’s the word we need to share with those who are lost. If we’ll do it, I can almost guarantee you, they won’t stay lost very long.

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

This is the truth. And the "good news" is actually even better than some imagine now because of Romans 2:15 and Revelation 14:6-7. For those who could have been reached but were stumbled or whatever, God must still assess them in the most basic form of being, if they are good people and yet ignorant of Christ, or beaten sheep they have to be saved.

Romans 2:15

They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ,as my gospel declares.

Some people in the Christ faith, though, sometimes have a problem with this BIG SALVATION first of even the ignorant, at Christ arrival. But the irony is, we who have the good news and know it are under much more responsibility than the average man, we best open our hearts to the degree Christ did and try to find the way to help others avoind condemnation--- and giving them Revelation 14:6-7 Open Salvation Offer Hope to All mankind, is pretty great news. It should be called the GREAT news, because angels of Christ are how Christ completes the good news ministry God began in 29 CE, and contrary to Matthew 10:23, at post Christ arrival (which is the whole Revelation 14 sequence) is when Christ completes his own ministry and must assess every human of Earth, and even the ignorant "sheep" can and will be saved.

And how do we know them Matthew 25:31-40 sheep are ignorant. See them questions they ask Christ like when did we see you hungry? WHAT Christian has not read Matthew 25 and knows this already? Thus, them are NOOB sheep at post Christ arrival--- Christ salvation from God is actually more positive than we could try to improve. BIG SALVATION is Christ's purpose, yes he removes evil, BUT a person doing what is right in ignorance must also be saved, for Satan is out to kill them--- but Christ is out to break up the works and goals of the Devil to SAVE LIVES!

Thus we may see our own personal Christ given mission transcends our sleeping churches at times, we have to do it even if some seem to veer to the rest stop among us. I have seen this in my church and others. And part of the problem is, as you say, the good news gets turned into bad news. But God said by James "mercy triumphs over judgment", so we have to be that way too. James also nails down some of the causes of congregational apathy. It is a good shocking read I will say, he was very frank and truthful as you are too--- keep up the great news work.

This is the truth. And the "good news" is actually even better than some imagine now because of Romans 2:15 and Revelation 14:6-7. For those who could have been reached but were stumbled or whatever, God must still assess them in the most basic form of being, if they are good people and yet ignorant of Christ, or beaten sheep they have to be saved.

Some people in the Christ faith, though, sometimes have a problem with this BIG SALVATION first of even the ignorant, at Christ arrival. But the irony is, we who have the good news and know it are under much more responsibility than the average man, we best open our hearts to the degree Christ did and try to find the way to help others avoind condemnation--- and giving them Revelation 14:6-7 Open Salvation Offer Hope to All mankind, is pretty great news. It should be called the GREAT news, because angels of Christ are how Christ completes the good news ministry God began in 29 CE, and contrary to Matthew 10:23, at post Christ arrival (which is the whole Revelation 14 sequence) is when Christ completes his own ministry and must assess every human of Earth, and even the ignorant "sheep" can and will be saved.

And how do we know them Matthew 25:31-40 sheep are ignorant. See them questions they ask Christ like when did we see you hungry? WHAT Christian has not read Matthew 25 and knows this already? Thus, them are NOOB sheep at post Christ arrival--- Christ salvation from God is actually more positive than we could try to improve. BIG SALVATION is Christ's purpose, yes he removes evil, BUT a person doing what is right in ignorance must also be saved, for Satan is out to kill them--- but Christ is out to break up the works and goals of the Devil to SAVE LIVES!

Thus we may see our own personal Christ given mission transcends our sleeping churches at times, we have to do it even if some seem to veer to the rest stop among us. I have seen this in my church and others. And part of the problem is, as you say, the good news gets turned into bad news. But God said by James "mercy triumphs over judgment", so we have to be that way too. James also nails down some of the causes of congregational apathy. It is a good shocking read I will say, he was very frank and truthful as you are too--- keep up the great news work.
Startemple would you say that each and every person alive has the opportunity to know God like if they havent heard the gospel in their lifetime or kept ignoring it when they are near death will Jesus speak to them personally regardless? I have often wondered about people that know they may die or are terminally ill in hospices and hospitals if they are aware of the presence of angels when nobody else is around ...to take them home or the other place...

Startemple would you say that each and every person alive has the opportunity to know God like if they havent heard the gospel in their lifetime or kept ignoring it when they are near death will Jesus speak to them personally regardless? I have often wondered about people that know they may die or are terminally ill in hospices and hospitals if they are aware of the presence of angels when nobody else is around ...to take them home or the other place...

Lanolin,

Paul said there are vessels of different purpose. Psalm 1:5 says "Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment". As Jesus said to some of the Pharisees "you are from your father the Devil' and as John the Baptist said to some Pharisees "you offspring of vipers". Jesus and John were not being insulting they spoke the truth and as in the days of Noah, Satan has a brood in that "vessels for destruction" purpose. Then we have Judas Iscariot's example, so I don't know, but I think the Bible provides some useful information on this.

It seems God has his "my people" as in Revelation 18:4 and elsewhere in the penned and scattered sheep and not all people are his by allowance to Satan for this sovereign challenge of the demons against God. It is like the whole world is caught between the children of God and the children of Satan. Imo, the majority are as you think, under best circumstances all of them could become believers, but because of those other children and the world of tests and temptations they have made, many fail, but they can be recovered later. And even children of God can fall, so we have to stay awake and keep on guard to subtle ways the Devil tries to mislead and break the faith.

But I think it is best to keep the most positive attitude towards people's hope, even if they do not yet exercise it, because like Saul and many others, some people see the light very quickly--- those examples are in God's Word for a reason. And we must realize and appreciate Christ has a Kingdom coming "not from this world' as he told Pontius Pilate when even he was wondering about the King. We must relinquish the completion mission of true salvation and everlasting life power to Jesus Christ because if we are aware of people being possibly lost, he knows them from their conception and he purchased them whether they know it or not:

1 John 2:2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

The WHOLE WORLD has been bought with the blood of Jesus. Is the whole world accepting it? Nope. Yet, Jesus will get that whole world as far as everything that can be given the best circumstances to believe--- during the 1000 Year Reign of Jesus Christ, and in the meantime we speculate a little. We have faith Christ will not miss anything but that his power is what "gathers all things" on Earth as applied to all earthly "creation groaning waiting for the sons of God" (Romans 8:18-22), humans are just part of what has been "lost", actually temporarily stolen by Satan. God does not have TOTAL RECALL simply for trivia. (Matthew 10:29 fallen sparrow will fly again, forever; Psalm 133; Ezekiel 47:9)

So, having bought the whole world Christ can apply the atonement after one has died because their death already paid the sin debt, and he can start with many people in past ignorance long dead to the distant past to complete his life saving work which continues for 1000 years. In that case the atonement "bought a resurrection" that life from "last Adam". Now if Jesus paid blood at enormous cost, he certainly is not going to get shortchanged on his merchandise for it is God who receives the "gifts in men and women", and Christ will get EVERYTHING he purchased under the Messianic Kingdom.

It is then up to persons individually as it is now to stay on the way of obedience to God. Death was caused by disobeying God, so that pattern can be changed but freewill and a person's own decisions is what seals the deal, the Devil will try a final time as in Revelation 20. At this time we have to be resolved to fight the good fight for our own faith, because at this time Satan is not yet abyssed and we know what he is up to.

That was a long way of saying I do not know. LOL. But I hope that information from God's Word helps us, because the Devil is not on vacation, he is out working in humans, it appears some are his children and those would be temporary. But, we cannot judge who is who, Saul and Judas should teach us how we cannot just read appearances and think we know. (John 7:24, Hebrews 13:2)

Last edited:
Ok well I dont know either but God knows!

I think says somewhere in His word that He knows who are His. I suppose in our heart of hearts and it might be God sees our circumstances that others dont or are blind to but its between that person and God. Someone whos may not have ever gone to church or had the oppurtunity for fellowship but gave their lives to Jesus and died soon after because of consequence of living in a sinful world, may have been accorded mercy rather than judgement.

Many terminal ill people find comfort in the Lord and Jesus... at least that is my experience in the hospital I work. But I am also terrified of the good news.. Certainly for judgement day because... correct me if I misunderstood the Scripture... we will also be judged by our works and even every thought... to me it is a terrifying idea... certainly in my time where I drifted away from When unbelievers
Tell the Good News

Amen! This is very good news. I first became aware of God at age 5, but I did not become good teaching of the Scripture and I drifted away from the Lord. But I came back to him. I agree with the good news of Grace but what will happen to me when Jesus opens the Book of Life and he doesn't see enough good works? The good news is of course a blessing but also terrifying.... to me. Because I made many mistakes and sins. I Repent constantly, but I am afraid I forgot one sin or one tought. Perhaps I don't understand the Scripture correctly.... but I don't understand how the Judgement of works good or evil works...

Many terminal ill people find comfort in the Lord and Jesus... at least that is my experience in the hospital I work. But I am also terrified of the good news.. Certainly for judgement day because... correct me if I misunderstood the Scripture... we will also be judged by our works and even every thought... to me it is a terrifying idea... certainly in my time where I drifted away from When unbelievers

Amen! This is very good news. I first became aware of God at age 5, but I did not become good teaching of the Scripture and I drifted away from the Lord. But I came back to him. I agree with the good news of Grace but what will happen to me when Jesus opens the Book of Life and he doesn't see enough good works? The good news is of course a blessing but also terrifying.... to me. Because I made many mistakes and sins. I Repent constantly, but I am afraid I forgot one sin or one tought. Perhaps I don't understand the Scripture correctly.... but I don't understand how the Judgement of works good or evil works...

The biggest thing to remember is 1 John 1:9. When you repent... your sins are gone and forgotten. And you are cleansed from all unrighteousness. When you finally accepted Jesus as your Lord... is the start of a new life in Christ. As long as you walk in the light you have... you have Jesus as your advocate before the Father. So picture it like a court room. The enemy is the accuser of the brethren. Jesus is your attorney and His blood and stripes on his back are what wipes your sins/wrongdoings away out of the accusers book.

He took all the judgement and punishment for us, and when we become born again believers we accepted His blood as payment for all our wrongs. The Word says that His blood wiped the slate clean (colossians 2:13-14). Kind of like erasing/wshing a chalk board with water.

As I was looking for the above verse... I feel impressed to have you read Ephesians. Oh my goodness, there is so much good spirit food for you to meditate upon in there and also read 1 John. If you will allow yourself to partake and accept that all of that has become your inheritance.... I believe you will find a whole lot of peace :)

Always also remember that our salvation is not based upon good works. It's based upon The Blood of Jesus. Our faith is shown by corresponding action/good works.

Blessings to you
Praying for Father to envelope you in The Peace that Jesus left us when He transitioned to Heaven. That peace that passes all of your understanding :)

but I am afraid I forgot one sin or one tought.

As I listen to one of my Pastors preach.... I believe the Lord desires that I remind you to refuse to fear. For fear will open the door to the enemy, who will work with that fear to get you to think and react in ways that are opposite of the Word and what Father desires. The enemy will use that fear to trip you up in your daily life, in any way he possibly can.

If you can enter into the rest of the Fathers love for you... you will be open to hear from the throne room of Heaven regarding every situation you encounter. If you ask and trust Him for wisdom. As you meditate and renew your mind with Fathers love for you... you will see Him manifest in many ways in your life.

The biggest thing to remember is 1 John 1:9. When you repent... your sins are gone and forgotten. And you are cleansed from all unrighteousness. When you finally accepted Jesus as your Lord... is the start of a new life in Christ. As long as you walk in the light you have... you have Jesus as your advocate before the Father. So picture it like a court room. The enemy is the accuser of the brethren. Jesus is your attorney and His blood and stripes on his back are what wipes your sins/wrongdoings away out of the accusers book.

He took all the judgement and punishment for us, and when we become born again believers we accepted His blood as payment for all our wrongs. The Word says that His blood wiped the slate clean (colossians 2:13-14). Kind of like erasing/wshing a chalk board with water.

As I was looking for the above verse... I feel impressed to have you read Ephesians. Oh my goodness, there is so much good spirit food for you to meditate upon in there and also read 1 John. If you will allow yourself to partake and accept that all of that has become your inheritance.... I believe you will find a whole lot of peace :)

Always also remember that our salvation is not based upon good works. It's based upon The Blood of Jesus. Our faith is shown by corresponding action/good works.

Blessings to you
Praying for Father to envelope you in The Peace that Jesus left us when He transitioned to Heaven. That peace that passes all of your understanding :)

Ok well I dont know either but God knows!

I think says somewhere in His word that He knows who are His. I suppose in our heart of hearts and it might be God sees our circumstances that others dont or are blind to but its between that person and God. Someone whos may not have ever gone to church or had the oppurtunity for fellowship but gave their lives to Jesus and died soon after because of consequence of living in a sinful world, may have been accorded mercy rather than judgement.

Lanolin,
I can tell you I was not raised in church as a small child, yet I still knew in my heart that God existed. I accepted Christ into my heart at 7 years old. I knew that I knew even at that age that God was real. The HS would talk with me and lead me. I just knew it and believed it. I was very open to HIM and have always been this way. So I definitely believe people can become Christians without every hearing the Word of God preached.

I think children are sensitive to the holy spirit and talking to God, its just when they become adults and responsible for own choices that openness to Jesus can be lost because Satan works hard to rob children of their innocence. I have heard that angels watch over children until they can learn right from wrong.

Some people say that since everyone is born a sinner, they are lost from birth. I dont know the theology behind that but Jesus says we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless we become like children. I think also with near death circumstances people are more open and ready to humble themselves. Church fellowship and hearing the Word often happens AFTER people are saved, but there are many who go to church every week and ignore the Word, or they fall away after having gone to church for many years and decide to just live their own lives. I was talking to a neighbour who shared he had gone to bible college and studied theology even, but when he got a job (nursing) he just stopped going to church. And now he believes God is in everything, kind of like pantheists do. He doesnt read the bible anymore. Im trying not to judge but asked him about his faith and he just wasnt able to give me a clear answer.

For christians the answer is always Jesus!!

When I was a child I knew God existed, I just didnt know how to connect with Him. I was not raised in church either. I knew about the christmas story because every year we celebrated it, but the connection between that and Jesus as saviour was not made obvious to me. People focused more on Santa and the gifts than anything else. I think thats why its imprortsnt for the gospel to be preached cos you just cant assume everyone knows.

Last edited:
This made me think, has my neighbour heard the gospel, I mean really heard it, even after growing up in an evangelical church and going to bible college...? Cos I cant say for sure he is saved at this moment in time. He seems to have the seed, but it has not grown. He even told me he made a commitment as a child. But what matters is now...? Is he a prodigal do you think.

Do I tell him the gospel even if hes probably heard it many times before? I did tell him how Jesus saved me. I just think its a shame that those whove heard the Word when young decided to ignore it. I would be dead right now if wasnt for Jesus. Salvation is so precious to me!

Is it the difference between Jacob and Esau...one wrestled with God and the other gave up his birthright for a bowl of stew.

This made me think, has my neighbour heard the gospel, I mean really heard it, even after growing up in an evangelical church and going to bible college...? Cos I cant say for sure he is saved at this moment in time. He seems to have the seed, but it has not grown. He even told me he made a commitment as a child. But what matters is now...? Is he a prodigal do you think.

Do I tell him the gospel even if hes probably heard it many times before? I did tell him how Jesus saved me. I just think its a shame that those whove heard the Word when young decided to ignore it. I would be dead right now if wasnt for Jesus. Salvation is so precious to me!

Is it the difference between Jacob and Esau...one wrestled with God and the other gave up his birthright for a bowl of stew.

I think in a situation where someone became a christian but is currently not living the life we need to be careful. I never push it over and over with them. I live by example and I mention things frequently about what God is doing in my life, church, etc. and then I invite them to things regularly and of course I pray pray pray. People who walk away for a time are already under guilt, we do not want to add to their burdens, but instead be a blessing to them, a witness and most importantly encourage them. Example - my son was saved young in life and was such a wonderful christian. College changed him and now he does not live the way he used to and I can see a change in him. I don't hammer anything into him. I am honest with him every chance I get. I pray for opportunities to witness and encourage him. I tell him about church, but most importantly he sees how church and God have changed me since my divorce. Sunday I met him for lunch and he said he wanted to start attending church with me. I was so excited. Christians who fall away for a time know God and God will bring them back.... He leaves the 99 to get the 1. That is so very true.

It's not for us to say whether or not a person has truly heard the Word. We need to live out the Word, encourage, pray and witness to them as often as we can. God will meet him right where he is. That's a promise. Keep praying for your neighbor.

Why do you think college changes people Cturtle, even bible college. Is it just cos they dont live with their parents anymore. Or something else.

Why do you think college changes people Cturtle, even bible college. Is it just cos they dont live with their parents anymore. Or something else.
Dear Lanolin,
Of course I cannot know how College changed her son. I only know from my own experience that extrem high expectations, business and hanging out with non christians changes everyone. That’s the reason for me why I like to read the massages here and talk to you al. Because I don't know any Christians who live with the Word. Even my own Mother does not belief Jesus is the Son of God. She just thinks that Jesus was very charismatic, who told good stories. Dangerous.
When I read in the bible of persecution. And the text 'you will be persecuted because of Me'. Than it seems it does not apply to us... but at least here in Germany it is a more passive process. There just aren't many serious christians. And when you say for example I watch the God channel or I like Joyce Meyers (which I allways advice to my patients who were abused) then I allways notice that you are considered freaky... eeuuuuw a christian... probably slightly craaaazy... I have also noticed that I also try to convince people and defend/ justify myself for watching the programms mentioned above... therefore HOW can we tell them? And the main question perhaps for the Son in College is perhaps how can he be an positiv influencer in a area where nobody WANTS to hear about Jesus?? Now after reading Ephesians can the Armor of Jesus help us?? but then how is it practically done?... I have good hopes for the lost son mentioned above. I was lost actually for a long time before I came back. And I am in one of the most evil businesses there are. (Hospital, abdominal and Cancer surgery..... strife strife and more strife).
Lots of blessings to you all.

Hi Biwi

You would not think gardening could be an evil business, but I work with mostly unbelievers and Ive been sworn at and harassed and abused. Not for being christian, but just because unbelievers think its normal to treat people that way. Sometimes the bosse take all the credits and underpay their staff. Or they skive off while the workers are doing the hard yards, or dont train the new staff properly. Sometimes they tell us just to look busy when we arent even doing any real work. Because we arent allowed to! Ive also been told...if you cant make it perfect, you might as well not even do it at all. So crazy. GArdening can be profit driven, and some of the practices are not eco friendly! High expectations too!

But, just because its in the secular world doesnt mean I let that change me. Yes you defintiely need Gods armour when working with unbelievers. Pray before you go to work each morning and pray for your workmates. When you can Talk about Jesus, turn bad news into Good news. You may not be able to openly preach even I was not allowed to preach when I was teaching bible in schools for primary school age children. But...God wants us to love people into the kingdom. For kindness leads people to repentance.

I was at a missions dinner last night and one of the speakers who belongs to this church worked for 9 months with MSF or doctors without borders in afghanistan. Can you imagine. She wasnt allowed to spread the gospel or evangelise but she could still use her skills and be full of faith in that environment which is so evil. They do not treat people with compassion in that country, and women are seen as insignificant to men. Islam is the main religion.

I think I might agree though, hospitals can be hard places for a christian. Sometimes nurses and doctors can be so ruthless. They swear a hippocratic oath, and you know Jesus tells us not to swear oaths. Drugs are often abused and theres lots of malpractice that can be covered up in those environments. I was once in hospital twice, locked up and treated like an animal pretty much. So many people can die there and many unbelieving doctors of course wont pray for their patient, the sicker people are, the more money for them.

Dear Lanolin....
Real eye opener... I allways assumed that surgeons were particularly sensitive for pride and strife... But you're right, the agressivness is everywhere.
To be honest I was influenced by this. So thanks for the practicall advice.
By the way... The Hypocratic oath is a promise you make to do your best for your patients. To me it is not a swear. Actually it is developed further because of ww2. (The part where you promise not to experiment on your patients against their will). In my opinion it is a good thing to think about the oath and what purpose it has. But of course these rules are completely defined in the last commitment of Jesus to love eachother as you love yourself.
I am sorry that you have had such bad doctors in the past. Who don't understand the importants of this. I myself treat my patients as if they are friends or family members. Therefore I am often alone in my work... I am lucky to have good nurses.. And for the rest of the team I pray.
God bless you and thank you.

Back