Thankful for God's Creation

We have so many of these coming to our feeding areas. Most spend the winter. Ours are called Oregon Juncos. Usually nice little birds but they do chase the black-capped chickadees away. The chickadees are now trying to build a nest in our birdhouse. They have done that two past springs already; but this year the Juncos keep chasing them away. Fun watching all of the above. :)

Last edited:
We don't have any of these beauties in our area but I have seen many in Hawaii (when I ran along trails on the Big Island) years ago. And also in hills south of Tucson, Arizona I encountered a lovely female in the bush along the trail. I stopped and gazed at her even as she looked at me. She remained still for the longest time (or so it seemed) until she finally flew away and I moved on down the trail.

Thank you. :)

I thank the Lord for Him bringing these creature into our backyard. I really love sitting there waiting for something to happen and I'm right there with my old camera. :D
Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures. I've neglected my camera lately, but after a gloomy old winter, now that spring has sprung, I need to get back out there!

Blessings x

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures. I've neglected my camera lately, but after a gloomy old winter, now that spring has sprung, I need to get back out there!

Blessings x
You're very welcome! It's God's creation, His beauty, and He's allowed me to capture them. Glory to God!! :)