The Battle

All too often (most of the time) we don't recognize it, that we are in it.
Then how shall we do?
The reality is that it is not i us to win it but He will win it in us.
Peter one time wanted direction in how to do, 'master if we don't know where you are going how shall we follow?'. Jesus answered him in a profound way (as he usually did) answering the question but at the same time giving them spiritual instruction, when He said 'I am the Way'.
And so it is, it is not for us to figure out the way but have a meek spirit that is able to follow and we can 'rest' assured that He will accomplish it.

Then how shall we do?
Peter one time wanted direction in how to do, 'master if we don't know where you are going how shall we follow?'. Jesus answered him in a profound way (as he usually did) answering the question but at the same time giving them spiritual instruction, when He said 'I am the Way'.
And so it is, it is not for us to figure out the way but have a meek spirit that is able to follow and we can 'rest' assured that He will accomplish it.
Thank you for this. God bless.

2404 I don't know why but your post hits a right spot for me today...

No I don't recognise I am always in a battle. especially when things are going so well. I think thats why it must be important to pray first thing in the morning.
I agree. Pray while in abundance and pray when in trials. Always pray without ceasing. I know that's something I am trying to incorporate in my daughters and my life. I even have a timer on my laptop that DINGS loudly and times for 3 minutes. They know it's face to the floor and hearts lifted fo Christ for prayer. Few times it was like my PSW is here thou - my oldest looks at me and says Mom it's prayer time. We stop whatever we are doing and pray outloud. Doesn't matter who is there or not. The moment counts when coming to God.

This morning thinking about our Lord, despised and rejected no beauty that we should desire Him and yet He is God. He could have manifested himself any way he would choose.
It is easy for us to show a good face when every one is for us and pats us on the bac, but is that really what has value to our Lord? He could of had it yet he choose the other side. Perhaps the value is to stand as Job did when everything falls apart and still maintain our confession. The be-attitudes don't herald pomp and glory but they testify that the way up is down.

This morning thinking about our Lord, despised and rejected no beauty that we should desire Him and yet He is God. He could have manifested himself any way he would choose.
It is easy for us to show a good face when every one is for us and pats us on the bac, but is that really what has value to our Lord? He could of had it yet he choose the other side. Perhaps the value is to stand as Job did when everything falls apart and still maintain our confession. The be-attitudes don't herald pomp and glory but they testify that the way up is down.
That's when you truly see.
Amen. Acid test. In James. Count it all joy.

Then how shall we do?
In 1 Thes. 5:17 we are charged with remaining in a continuous state of prayer. I used to have a problem with understanding how to obey this exhortation until I read The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. When we remain continuously in silent conversation with God, he provides instantaneous guidance in every situation. That makes the spiritual battles less stressful.

Then how shall we do?
Thanks for sharing.

It is true that Jesus is "the way, the truth and the life" and that we must follow his example of love through the Holy Spirit in us, which gives us the power to do so.
For it is the "sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit" that makes us "obedient to Jesus" (1 Peter 1:2).

Jesus even says, "It is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work" (John 14:10).
So like Jesus, as long as we 'walk in the Spirit' and "keep in step with the Spirit," God will do his good work in us to accomplish his will in us (Galatians 5:25).

As it is written in Phillipians, "[be] confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 1:6)

God is faithful to complete his work in you to the very end, and fight your battles, as long as we fix our eyes on Jesus and not this world, and keep filling ourselves with the Spirit, by reading the word of God and putting it into practice, worshipping daily and keeping faithful in prayer. For "those who are led by the Spirit are the Children of God" (Romans 8:14).

Jesus confirms God's mighty work in his daily life saying,
"The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." (John 8:29).

As long as we please him, by sowing in the things of the 'Spirit' and not the 'flesh,' then God will give us the strength we need and the Spiritual maturity to become more like Christ and to persevere in all circumstances, to endure, to demolish strongholds, to love your enemies, and remain faithful to Jesus to the very end.

In the book of Revelation, it talks about those who 'won the battle' or 'fought the good fight of faith' while on earth. It says:
"They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." (Revelation 12:11).

I pray this message will be an encouragement,
God bless!

2404 I don't know why but your post hits a right spot for me today...No I don't recognise I am always in a battle. especially when things are going so well. I think thats why it must be important to pray first thing in the morning.

Hello Via;

God blesses us with those days when we can rest from our battles. He sustains us with peace and calm. God also blesses us when we are faced with struggles and challenges, because He is still there, despite, to guide us through.

One thing is vital and I agree with you. Desire to commune with Him first thing in the morning.

God bless you, sister.

Back