The Beast: Revelation 13;1-4, 11-15, 16-18 Revelation 14;9-12

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 14;9-12

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

AMEN

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 14;9-12

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

AMEN
I would offer..

666 is the number appointed to unconverted natural mankind as a beast of the field. Created from the clay of the field called the faithless, evil generation. No future sign was given after that of Jonas .It was fulfilled in the Son of man Jesus. The three days and nights sign.

The foundation for the doctrine is in Genesis ."The mark of the word of God". What he says comes to pass. His word alone has the power of life and death .

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they "seek a sign"; and there shall "no sign" be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

I would offer..

666 is the number appointed to unconverted natural mankind as a beast of the field. Created from the clay of the field called the faithless, evil generation. No future sign was given after that of Jonas .It was fulfilled in the Son of man Jesus. The three days and nights sign.

The foundation for the doctrine is in Genesis ."The mark of the word of God". What he says comes to pass. His word alone has the power of life and death .

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they "seek a sign"; and there shall "no sign" be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Hello Garee;

Thank you for your post.

Revelation 13:17-18, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

1. When I hear 666 defined in the Greek, it becomes an argument taking away the meaning of 666 in Revelation 13:17-18.
Have you heard of this?

2. There seems to be hardly any mention of 666 and it's meaning in the Old Testaments.

1 Samuel 17:4-7, 4 And there came out from the camp of the Philistines a champion named Goliath of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. 5 He had a helmet of bronze on his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail, and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of bronze. 6 And he had bronze armor on his legs, and a javelin of bronze slung between his shoulders. 7 The shaft of his spear was like a weaver's beam, and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron. And his shield-bearer went before him.

Daniel 3:1, 1 King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its breadth six cubits. He set it up on the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.

1 Kings 10:14, 14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13, 13 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

Ezra 2:13, 13 The sons of Adonikam, 666.

This is my personal observation. There is a hermeneutical meaning behind each Scripture which can result in a different interpretation.

Nron Qsr
The Greek version of the name and title transliterates into Hebrew as נרון קסר‎, and yields a numerical value of 666,[39] as shown:

Resh (ר)Samekh (ס)Qoph (ק)Nun (נ)Vav (ו)Resh (ר)Nun (נ)Sum
Nro Qsr
The Latin version of the name drops the second Nun (נ), so that it appears as Nro and transliterates into Hebrew as נרו קסר, yielding 616:[20]

Resh (ר)Samekh (ס)Qoph (ק)Vav (ו)Resh (ר)Nun (נ)Sum

My understanding of this was made by a Religion Teacher on a college campus one day. He was teaching about Christianity, and it so happened that upon entering the class just to sit and listen. He started talking about the number 666, and he broke it down in front of us students. Being young at the age of 19 do not remember everything he said just watched him, as he broke it down. He came to breaking down the numbers and how they pointed out the beast was the Emperor Nero Cesar. When looking at the very first chapter of Revelation it is made clear who is being written to which is the 7 churches in Asia Minor.

They would have broke this number down and gotten the same conclusion: For they would have to have understood all of this being written to them.

Now one other thing that should be mentioned here is that when writing this letter, they would have had to used symbolic language, and code for if someone say from the Rome Empire got a hold of this, or even a Pharisee who read it and it talked more plainly rather than in the symbolic format, this letter would have been seized, and never made it to the 7 churches in the first place.

At least this is my personal retort. Thank you for reading.

Hello Garee;

Thank you for your post.

Revelation 13:17-18, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

1. When I hear 666 defined in the Greek, it becomes an argument taking away the meaning of 666 in Revelation 13:17-18.
Have you heard of this?

2. There seems to be hardly any mention of 666 and it's meaning in the Old Testaments.

1 Samuel 17:4-7, 4 And there came out from the camp of the Philistines a champion named Goliath of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. 5 He had a helmet of bronze on his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail, and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of bronze. 6 And he had bronze armor on his legs, and a javelin of bronze slung between his shoulders. 7 The shaft of his spear was like a weaver's beam, and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron. And his shield-bearer went before him.

Daniel 3:1, 1 King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its breadth six cubits. He set it up on the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.

1 Kings 10:14, 14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13, 13 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

Ezra 2:13, 13 The sons of Adonikam, 666.

This is my personal observation. There is a hermeneutical meaning behind each Scripture which can result in a different interpretation.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Again I don’t think it’s a sign that we are to wonder about.(future) Jesus said it’s an evil generation “no faith” coming from God. Unconverted mankind that does seek to believe after a sign appears .No sign was given after the sign of Jonah, it was fulfilled in the Son of man, Jesus . (Three days and nights)

The kind of mark or seal must have been known when it was inspired and signified to John. No literal sign is given us as the last day. Signs of the times where history repeats itself are revealed in Mathew 24.

The buying and selling not have to do with the political nations of this world setting up sanctions. In that way we do not wrestle against flesh and blood .The buying and selling has to do with spiritual unseen matters of faith. Like that of Jacob who name was changed to born again Israel.

Esau like Cain seeing no value in the unseen things of faith. Esau sold his birth rite for a cup of goat soup .Cain in order to buy peace of mind plowed Abel under.

The buying and selling having to do with the gospel

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

The understanding is calculated as the number (singualr) of the beast, for it is the number of a man (6) created on the 6th day , and his number is 666. 6 is the number using it three times to denote the end of the matter. Three is used that way throughout the bible. It is the reference to one man as a beast of the field. I would call it the number of unconverted mankind or an evil generation spoke of those who seek after signs rather than prophecy the word of God .Signs for those who belive not prophecy

Yes I have considered those you have offered and have heard of that way of dividing the scriptures. My personal observation It just does not seem to pan out in the end .

I see the mark as more of "mark my word" what he says does come to pass” those who desire to kill Cain they will be subject to the same ."No rest in their work" not be yoked with Christ as was Abel the first recorded martyr. His blood cries out from the corrupted dust even today as a son of God awaiting the promise of a new incorruptible body

Genesis 4:13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

A punishment only those yoked with Christ could bear and they have a future hope of rising and receiving an new incorruptible body .

Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

There Cain as a false hope hoped that other would murder him. Just as Cain through the father of lies . . a murder from that beginning

Again the mark of the word. What he says will come to pass .Today that works the best for me when trying to reconcile the whole

Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Back