The Bell Witch: An American Haunting By Brent Monahan - Review

My rating: 2 1/2 stars out of 5

I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to start with this one. It's not a secret that this book was supposed to be the first American documented case of demonic oppression that resulted in someones death. I would NOT recommend this book to the beginner in demonology, the occult, spiritual warfare or Bible study. This book was taken from accounts in the early 1800's which could present (depending on the reader and their scriptural and spiritual understanding) a number of different variables. Out of all the books I've read thus far (10+ on this subject), this one has thrown me through a proverbial loop; if you read the book and have an elementary grasp of the occult/demonology, you'll know what I mean.

I would recommend this book for the intermediate 0ccultist or demonologist as it goes against a lot of what we've read and learned throughout the years. I will admit, this is book contains accounts of the earliest accounts of witchcraft/demonic/occult activity since I've read the earlier accounts in the Bible.

Please indulge me and read this book, I desperately need discussion! You can pick it up for as cheap as $5 on Ebay (which I picked up just days ago) or on another format elsewhere.

God bless you all!

Last edited:
Back