The Bible - The Word of God

The Bible - The Word of God

The Bible is a collection of books and letters and religious writings that have been written over the course of many 100's of years. This book is hands down, the most read book, and by far the most influential in human history. At one time it was a crime to have this book in one's posession, in one's one native language. At one time the penalty of of such an act was to burnt alive. The Church of the day enforced these rules. Many people however in their zeal to make the bible available to the masses defied the laws about translating and distributing the bible in peoples' native tonques. Many of these people paid the ultimate price. Men like Hus, Wycliffe and many others must never be forgotten. We must never take for granted our bibles, in our homes, libraries and book stores, as they did not get there without a severe struggle.

What is so unique about this book? This book is an amazing book. It is a book that shows many things. The book shows God's active work to unite man to Himself. The book also shows how man can become united with God and in so doing become his true self and have the light of life! The book also has the most significant historical event that has ever happened on this earth. God has become a human, walked our earth, was rejected, crucified and rose from the dead. It is the ultimate historical event between God and man.

The bible thus contains the words of life. It contains the way man can become whole with His creator. This book however is written in a special way. It is not written to be understood with eyes of the flesh. Many words can have many meanings, thus totally changing what the interpreter's message of what the bible says. Thus there are many interpretations of the bible and many of these interpretations are for purposes that are not good. Many of these interpretations are deceitfully accepted as they promise people life without actually having to obey God's voice. Thus even though the bible shows us how we can have life, many who are not spiritual use the bible to continue in their own spiritual death. The bible is true but it must be read properly or it becomes a tool of the devil.

We are not alone in this world. None of us are alone. God is with us all and He wants to gift us the gift, of Himself. He is here to give us life, joy and meaning. He is here to give us love. We must always obey His voice in our work, our relationships, our understanding of reality and our reading of the bible. Let's all obey God's voice when we read the bible so that its message of life can be revealed.

Praise the Lord!!

My friend, it is always good to see what you write. And as always I find it so accurate. Thank you for reminding us of the price that those that went before us paid for doing the work of the Lord. We are indeed bless to have the Lord's book, and even more blessed to be able to hear the voice of the Lord.

We could write someone a letter and tell them what we think, what we like and don't like, give advice, and how much we love them. That just what the Bible is; God's love letter to us that reveals all He is and the answer to all life's situations!

We could write someone a letter and tell them what we think, what we like and don't like, give advice, and how much we love them. That just what the Bible is; God's love letter to us that reveals all He is and the answer to all life's situations!

Yes, that and a text book.

Yes, that and a text book.

Hi CBE :)
I didn't quite follow that.

My point was the Bible was God telling us all about Himself, His love, and every answer in life. I haven't found any text book yet that tell all about God and has all the answers.

Hi CBE :)
I didn't quite follow that.

My point was the Bible was God telling us all about Himself, His love, and every answer in life. I haven't found any text book yet that tell all about God and has all the answers.

The Lord once told me this:

What teacher today doesn’t put in front of His students a book; yet not only a book, but also overhead transparencies, visuals, and other materials. So don’t tell them to read the book, tell them to take the class! I tell you truly, if they are not listening to me they are not my pupil, not my student. I tell you truly, if they are not listening to me they are not my disciple!

Perhaps the best way to look at the Bible is to see it as His textbook. After all, He is called the teacher, and didn't He write the book?

The Lord once told me this:

What teacher today doesn’t put in front of His students a book; yet not only a book, but also overhead transparencies, visuals, and other materials. So don’t tell them to read the book, tell them to take the class! I tell you truly, if they are not listening to me they are not my pupil, not my student. I tell you truly, if they are not listening to me they are not my disciple!

Perhaps the best way to look at the Bible is to see it as His textbook. After all, He is called the teacher, and didn't He write the book?

aww, gotcha now! :)

Like I've said so many times before, we can 'read' the Bible, but its only the Spirit of truth that can reveal it to us and teach us.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

Amen to what has already been said and I add this this:

Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, your word is settled in heaven.

Praise God NOTHING can ever change that!!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (Amplified Bible)

16Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),
17So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Back