THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel 26:2 (NLT)
"Son of man, Tyre has rejoiced over the fall of Jerusalem, saying, 'Ha! she who was the gateway to rich trade routes to the east has been broken, and I am the heir! Because she has been made desolate I will become wealthy!

Ezekiel 26:3 (NLT) - 3 “Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am your enemy, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the waves of the sea crashing against your shoreline.

Ezekiel 26:5 (NLT) - 5 It will be just a rock in the sea, a place for fishermen to spread their nets, for I have spoken, says the Sovereign Lord. Tyre will become the prey of many nations,

Ezekiel 26:10 (NLT) - 10 The hooves of his horses will choke the city with dust, and the noise of the charioteers and chariot wheels will shake your walls as they storm through your broken gates.

Ezekiel 26:12 (NLT) - 12 “They will plunder all your riches and merchandise and break down your walls. They will destroy your lovely homes and dump your stones and timbers and even your dust into the sea.

Ezekiel 26:15 (NLT)
This is what the Sovereign LORD says to Tyre: "The whole coastline will tremble at the sound of your fall, as the screams of the wounded echo in the continuing slaughter.

Ezekiel 26:16 (NLT)
All the seaport rulers will step down from their thrones and take off their royal robes and beautiful clothing.They will sit on the ground trembling with horror at your destruction.

Ezekiel 26:17 (NLT)
Then they will wail for you singing this funeral song:
"O famous island city
Once ruler of the sea,
How you have been destroyed!
Your people with their naval power,
Once spread fear around the world

Ezekiel 26:19 (NLT)
"This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will make Tyre an uninhabited ruin, like many others. I will bury you under the terrible waves of enemy attack. Great seas will swallow you.

Ezekiel 26:20 (NLT)
I will send you to the pit to join those who descended there long ago.. Your city will lie in ruins, buried beneath the earth like thos in the pit who have entered the world of the dead. You will have no place of peace here in the land of the living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back