THE BIBLE- Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 40)

Cosia

Senior Moderator - Exec. Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Exec. Secretary
Ezekiel 40:1 (NLT)
On April 28, during the twenty-fith year of our captivity__fourteen years after the fall of Jerusalem__the LORD took hold of me.

Ezekiel 40:2 (NLT)
In a vision from God he took me to the land of Israel and set me down on a very high mountain from there I could see toward the south what appeared to be a city.

Ezekiel 40:3 (NLT)
As he brought me nearer, I saw a man whose face shone like bronze.
standing beside a gateway entrance. He was holding in his hand a linen measuring cord and a measuring rod.

Ezekiel 40:4 (NLT) - 4 said to me, “Son of man, watch and listen. Pay close attention to everything I show you. You have been brought here so I can show you many things. Then you will return to the people of Israel and tell them everything you have seen.”

Ezekiel 40:5 (NLT) - 5 I could see a wall completely surrounding the Temple area. The man took a measuring rod that was 10 1⁄2 feet long and measured the wall, and the wall was 10 1⁄2 feet thick and 10 1⁄2 feet high.

Ezekiel 40:7 (NLT)

7 There were guard alcoves on each side built into the gateway passage. Each of these alcoves was 10 1⁄2 feet square, with a distance between them of 8 3⁄4 feet along the passage wall. The gateway’s inner threshold, which led to the entry room at the inner end of the gateway passage, was 10 1⁄2 feet front to back.

Ezekiel 40:10 (NLT)
There were three guard alcoves on each side of the gateway passage. Each had the same measurements, and the dividing walls separating them were also identical.

Ezekiel 40:11 (NLT)
The man measured the entrance gateway, which was 17¹/2 feet wide at the opening and 22³/4 feet in the gateway passage.

Ezekiel 40:13 (NLT)

13 Then he measured the entire width of the gateway, measuring the distance between the back walls of facing guard alcoves; this distance was 43 3⁄4 feet.

Ezekiel 40:14 (NLT)

14 He measured the dividing walls all along the inside of the gateway up to the entry room of the gateway; this distance was 105 feet.

Back