THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Isaiah Chapter 1 to 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah 22:11 (NLT)
Between the city walls, you build a reservoir
for water from the old pool
But you never ask for help from the One who did all this.
You never considered the One who planned this long ago.

Isaiah 22:12 (NLT)
At that time the Lord, the LORD of Heaven's Armies,
called you to weep and mourn
He told you to shave your heads in sorrow for your sins
and to wear clothes of burlap to show your remorse.

Isaiah 22:13 (NLT)
But instead, you dance and play;
You slaughter cattle, and kill sheep.
You feast on meat and drink wime.

You say, "Let's feast and drink
for tomorrow we die!

Isaiah 22:14 (NLT)
The LORD of Heaven's Armies has revealed this to me: "Till the day you die, you will never be forgiven for this sin." That is the judgment of the Lord, the LORD of Heavens Armies.

Isaiah 22:15 (NLT)
This is what the Lord, The LORD of Heaven's Armies said to me: "Confront Shebna, the palace administrator, and give him this message:

Isaiah 22:16 (NLT) - 16 “Who do you think you are, and what are you doing here, building a beautiful tomb for yourself—a monument high up in the rock?

Isaiah 22:18 (NLT) - 18 crumple you into a ball, and toss you away into a distant, barren land. There you will die, and your glorious chariots will be broken and useless. You are a disgrace to your master!

Isaiah 22:25 (NLT) - 25 But the Lord of Heaven’s Armies also says: “The time will come when I will pull out the nail that seemed so firm. It will come out and fall to the ground. Everything it supports will fall with it. I, the Lord, have spoken!”

Isaiah 23:1 (NLT) - 1 This message came to me concerning Tyre: Weep, O ships of Tarshish, for the harbor and houses of Tyre are gone! The rumors you heard in Cyprus are all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back