THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Isaiah Chapter 1 to 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah 1:21 (NLT) - 21 See how Jerusalem, once so faithful, has become a prostitute. Once the home of justice and righteousness, she is now filled with murderers.

Isaiah 1:22 (NLT) - 22 Once like pure silver, you have become like worthless slag. Once so pure, you are now like watered-down wine.

Isaiah 1:23 (NLT) - 23 Your leaders are rebels, the companions of thieves. All of them love bribes and demand payoffs, but they refuse to defend the cause of orphans or fight for the rights of widows.

Isaiah 1:24 (NLT) - 24 Therefore, the Lord, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the Mighty One of Israel, says, “I will take revenge on my enemies and pay back my foes!

Isaiah 1:25 (NLT) - 25 I will raise my fist against you. I will melt you down and skim off your slag. I will remove all your impurities.

Isaiah 1:26 (NLT) - 26 Then I will give you good judges again and wise counselors like you used to have. Then Jerusalem will again be called the Home of Justice and the Faithful City.”

Isaiah 1:28 (NLT) - 28 But rebels and sinners will be completely destroyed, and those who desert the Lord will be consumed.

Isaiah 1:29 (NLT) - 29 You will be ashamed of your idol worship in groves of sacred oaks.You will blush because you worshiped in gardens dedicated to idols.

Isaiah 1:31 (NLT) - 31 The strongest among you will disappear like straw; their evil deeds will be the spark that sets it on fire. They and their evil works will burn up together, and no one will be able to put out the fire.

Isaiah 2:2 (NLT) - 2 In the last days, the mountain of the Lord's house will be the highest of all—the most important place on earth. It will be raised above the other hills, and people from all over the world will stream there to worship.

Isaiah 2:3 (NLT) - 3 People from many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of Jacob’s God. There he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths. ”For the Lord's teaching will go out from Zion; his word will go out from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 2:4 (NLT) - 4 The Lord will mediate between nations and will settle international disputes. They will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation, nor train for war anymore.

Isaiah 2:6 (NLT)
For the Lord has rejected his people,
the descendants of Jacob,
because they have filled their land with practices from the East
and with sorcerers, like the Philistines do.
They have made alliances with pagans.

Isaiah 2:7 (NLT)
Israel is full of silver and gold;
there is no end to its treasures.
the land is full of Warhorses;
there is no end to its chariots.

Isaiah 2:9 (NLT)
So now they will be humbled,
and all will be brought low__
do not forgive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.