Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Jeremiah Chapter 1 to 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremiah 35:8 (NLT) - 9 So we have obeyed him in all these things. We have never had a drink of wine to this day, nor have our wives, our sons, or our daughters.

Jeremiah 35:11 (NLT) - 11 But when King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon attacked this country, we were afraid of the Babylonian and Syrian armies. So we decided to move to Jerusalem. That is why we are here.”

Jeremiah 35:15 (NLT) - 15 Time after time I sent you prophets, who told you, “Turn from your wicked ways, and start doing things right. Stop worshiping other gods so that you might live in peace here in the land I have given to you and your ancestors.” But you would not listen to me or obey me.

Jeremiah 35:16 (NLT) - 16 The descendants of Jehonadab son of Recab have obeyed their ancestor completely, but you have refused to listen to me.’

Jeremiah 35:17 (NLT) - 17 “Therefore, this is what the LORD God of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘Because you refuse to listen or answer when I call, I will send upon Judah and Jerusalem all the disasters I have threatened.’”

Jeremiah 35:18 (NLT) - 18 Then Jeremiah turned to the Recabites and said, “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘You have obeyed your ancestor Jehonadab in every respect, following all his instructions.’

Jeremiah 35:19 (NLT) - 19 Therefore, this is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: ‘Jehonadab son of Recab will always have descendants who serve me.’”

Jeremiah 36:1 (NLT) - 1 During the fourth year that Jehoiakim son of Josiah was king in Judah, the Lord gave this message to Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 36:2 (NLT) - 2 “Get a scroll, and write down all my messages against Israel, Judah, and the other nations. Begin with the first message back in the days of Josiah, and write down every message, right up to the present time.

Jeremiah 36:3 (NLT) - 3 Perhaps the people of Judah will repent when they hear again all the terrible things I have planned for them. Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings.”

Jeremiah 36:4 (NLT) - 4 So Jeremiah sent for Baruch son of Neriah, and as Jeremiah dictated all the prophecies that the Lord had given him, Baruch wrote them on a scroll.

Jeremiah 36:6 (NLT)

6 So you go to the Temple on the next day of fasting, and read the messages from the Lord that I have had you write on this scroll. Read them so the people who are there from all over Judah will hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back