The children of disobedience....

If any of us lack wisdom, we are to ask of God who gives to ALL men bountifully. But it is men who are not to “upbraid”…defame… what they receive. How will we receive His wisdom if we do not believe in what we hear the Spirit saying and speak evil of it?

We are to take heed on how we hear. We are to consider carefully how we listen for whosoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.

James 1:
(5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

He that wavers over what they hear is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. We are tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. Men are preaching for money. They speak great swelling words and appeal to the lusts of the world. They build great church denominations and buildings. They start great, growing ministries that grow congregations into massive gatherings. They suppose that gain is godliness and deceive many with their alluring of the things of the flesh.

(6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

A double-minded man is unstable in all of his ways. We can not waver in our faith in what we hear the Spirit saying. We can not serve God and mammon in our double-mindedness. We can not be attached to those who serve mammon in their churches. They serve their own bellies and not our Lord Jesus.

(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(9) Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

The rich are to “rejoice” in their works even as they are being made low…..because as the flower of the grass, they shall pass away in their ways. The “grass”….their flesh…withers away as they rejoice in their works. They decay away to the grave without the life of Jesus being made manifest in their mortal flesh which should give them “eternal life” in the here and now.

Their works do not save their flesh at all but merely preoccupy their time until they pass away from this earth. For the “sun” of God’s wrath rises upon them with a burning heat and they wither away and all of their glory perishes with them.

(10) But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
(11) For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

God has given this “sore travail” to the sons of man to be “exercised” there with….that is, humiliated, humbled, made low. All of their works done under the sun of God’s wrath has NO PROFIT…..for men’s lives are not prolonged as they decay away to the grave without the life of Jesus being manifested in them.

Ecclesiastes 1:
(12) I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
(13) And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

(14) I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

This is their “lot”. Their reward is here to be seen of all men. It is their portion that God gives them. They enjoy the good of all their labors which they take “under the sun” all of the few days of their lives. But their labors do not profit them for their flesh is not being saved by the life of Jesus being manifested through them. All of it is truly meaningless for their lives are not being prolonged on this earth and they take nothing with them when they do pass away. They are still “under the sun”….abiding under the WRATH OF GOD.

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 KJV
(18) Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.
(19) Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.
(20) For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his hear
t.

What profit has a man of all of his labor which he takes “UNDER THE SUN” of God’s wrath? There is NO PROFIT for the flesh is not being saved by all of his labors and all of the works are being burnt up. They suffer loss as all of their works perish away as their mortal bodies. Their spirits are saved but they suffer the loss of their mortal flesh.

Ecclesiastes 1:
(3) What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

Labor not for the meat which is perishing. The world and its lusts are perishing NOW for no man’s mortal flesh is being saved. All of man’s activities do NOTHING to bring true life to the mortal body. The foolish things of the world are exalted in the eyes of those who love this world....but they do nothing to bring life to their flesh which is cut down and withers away from this earth. We are not to pursue the things like the rest of the world. THE Life of Jesus is more important. The mortal body is more important than what they are pursuing and perishing after.

We are instead to labor for that meat which endures unto “everlasting life”.

John 6:
(27) Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
(28) Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

This is the work of God: that we believe on Him whom He has sent to preach the good news of THE Life that is available in the here and now in Christ Jesus. He has abolished death and brought to light LIFE and “immortality”….non decaying. The Life of Jesus is supposed to manifest in our moral flesh in the here and now.

(29) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
(30) They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
(31) Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
(32) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

We are to hear....to eat of the bread of God....and LIVE. The bread of God gives LIFE unto this world.

(33) For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The Lord sends His people out to preach the good news of LIFE in Jesus and those who will hear, shall hear Him. We are to take heed on how we hear for more shall be given if we have faith.

Luke 10:
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
(17) And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
(18) And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Let us hear the conclusion: fear God and keep His commandments when we hear His voice….for this is the whole of man. The Word preached does not profit those who do not mix it with faith when they hear it.

Hebrews 4:
(1) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
(2) For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Let us “labor” therefore to enter into His rest and not abide under the sun of His wrath.

Hebrews 4:
(11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

We can NOT sit together with those who are called “brothers” but are covetous. They preach for MONEY. They come to steal and kill and destroy. They do all of these things for “dishonest gain”. They suppose that gain is godliness and The life of Jesus is not being manifested in ANY of the flesh of their followers. They have taken the “treasure” of “eternal life” and the precious things: faith, love, joy, mercy. We can not sit with them in their envying, strife and divisions as they make merchandise of us and take away the “Son of man”….the life of Jesus from being manifested in us. They "shed blood".

Ezekiel 22:
(23) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(24) Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation. (25) There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.
(26) Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.
(27) Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.
(28) And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken.
(29) The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.
(30) And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

WE are ALL still under the wrath of God even as the others outside our churches. The whole world is under the wrath of God….under the sun….and we are no better when we sit together with the children of disobedience.

(31) Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Let no man deceive us with their empty words. Because of these things, the wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience. We can NOT sit with them in their churches as they preach for money and build great palaces (tombs) for themselves. No one who sits with them are continuing to live in the here and now. There is NO DIFFERENCE between them and the world for they are all suffering the same fate as the outside world.

Ephesians 5:
(5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
(6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

We CAN NOT BE PARTAKERS WITH THEM…..the children of disobedience….for they are abiding under the wrath of God even as the outside world.

(7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
(8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
(9) (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)
(10) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
(11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Our Lord comes to bring us His understanding so that we may truly know Him who is true. He quickens us who were “dead” in trespasses and sins while we went to the “churches” of those who call themselves “brothers” but are covetous.

Ephesians 2:
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

As we once partook of their things with them, we were by nature the CHILDREN OF WRATH even as the outside world….for NO FLESH is being saved in their presence. We become ONE FLESH when we sit together with them in their adultery and idolatry.

(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

WHY spend money for that which is NOT bread? Why labor after their church things that do not satisfy anyone? We are to HEAR diligently to Him and “eat” of that which is good and let our souls delight itself in fatness of what we hear.

Isaiah 55:
(1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
(2) Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

We are to incline our ear and come unto Him. HEAR and our soul shall live….

(3) Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
(4) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

The WHOLE WORLD shall run unto us because of Jehovah our God and for the Holy One of Israel. He shall glorify us with HIS LIFE that manifests in our mortal flesh in the here and now. The world shall see and understand what it means to truly DO the will of God who commanded us to have love for one another. They shall "see the Light".

(5) Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
(6) Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
(7) Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

(8) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
(9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(10) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
(11) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
(12) For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
(13) Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

The glory of Jehovah shall rise upon us as His LIFE shall SHINE in our mortal bodies as we shall have “eternal life” in the here and now. We shall no longer be under the sun of God’s wrath but shall enter into His rest from the “heat”.

Isaiah 60:
(1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

The “darkness” of death covers the earth. They do not understand why they are perishing away to the grave as they struggle to hang on to the few days of their lives. The whole world is lying in wickedness and is perishing and not knowing why. For them, there is no real meaning of life but to work and gather riches which no one takes with them when they leave. There is no more reward for them.

But we shall hold forth the “WORD OF LIFE” unto this dark, dying world who shall see His LIFE…..the LIGHT…shining in us and through us. We shall be a city that can not be hid. His glory shall be seen upon us.

(2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
(3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
(4) Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
(5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
(6) The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
(7) All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.

Christ….who is our LIFE….shall APPEAR in our mortal flesh. Then shall we also APPEAR with Him in glory.

Colossians 3:
(1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
(2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

We are to deaden our tongues which are upon the things of this earth. We can not participate in the covetousness of men …in their churches of envying and strife. For it is because of these things that the wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience. His wrath IS REVEALED from heaven upon all of them….for they are decaying away in their mortal bodies to the grave in a relatively short life just like the rest of the world that perishes away in wickedness. The flesh is as grass that withers away under the sun of His wrath. But those who will DO His Word ENDURES…..for the Word is “eternal”. We are to make the Word FLESH and ENDURE and the world shall see His glory. The LIGHT shall shine upon us.

(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
(6) For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
(8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
(9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

We are not to lie to each other. A lying tongue hates those that are afflicted by it. A flattering mouth works ruin. We are to have love for one another and not lie to each other.

Men are handling the Word of God deceptively for dishonest gain as they take away the life of Jesus from being made manifest in our mortal flesh. They come with a “kiss” of their flattering lips to take away the life of the Son of man. But we are not to single them out by name and defame them.

Proverbs 26:
(28) A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

Remember Simon Peter who did cut off the right ear of Malchus. We are not to render evil for their evil.

John 18:
(10) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
(11) Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Remember the mark of Cain when we see who is who in our gatherings. The "man of sin" shall be revealed but we are not to render evil for their evil.

Genesis 4:
(14) Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
(15) And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

For the “man of sin” shall exalt himself in their congregations and exercise their authority over them. They….those who will love to be first among them….will not hear and believe in the Word of Truth but shall oppose it and will prate against any who will with malicious words and false accusations. They will persecute us for our faith in Him and the gospel….the good news. Their persecution is to them an evident token (the mark of Cain) of their perdition but to us of salvation and that of God. For unto us it is given in the behalf of Christ not only to believe on Him but also to suffer for His sake.

Philippians 1:
(27) Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
(28) And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
(29) For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
(30) Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

Back