The Cross of Christ

The Cross of Christ
The sublime moment in time had come, the spark that would light many fires in some and shame in others, the site chosen well known, Golgotha its hideous shape that of a skull, a death mask in the moonlight, in daylight a place of shame and punishment.
This is where God gave His life, His son, His blood for all not some and yet that blood was not received by all, many still deny this gift of love, they fail to see the efficacy or the importance of it all, they fail to see the immediacy or the intent of grace in every crimson drop, every painful tear that fell that day.
Why can't they see that the King of Glory died to set them free? Why can't they see the despair in His face as He cried out in pain to His Father in Heaven " Why hast thou forsaken me? " Why can't they see that it should have been them or even me on that Cross of Calvary?
How long Lord shall the world deny you and blaspheme your name before they see the truth of Calvary?
Tsavah2

Hello Tsavah2;

At that moment while Jesus hung on the cross there were miracles happening. The one that stands out are the many who believed, came to Jesus and received Salvation.

God bless you, Tsavah2, and Happy Resurrection.

Thank you Cosia for your response, the miraculous is still happening, when Jesus declared that when He was lifted up many would be drawn to Him, it is still happening and yet Blasphemy seems more common these days. The Lord's name is a swear word and a casual word for frustration. Easter seems to be both a witness of the Lord's sacrifice and a testament of how far man has drifted from the reverence due, someday all will bow the knee and many will confess that Jesus is Lord.
Tsavah2

Thank you Bobinfaith, the greatest miracle at times seems that God is faithful and very patient, whilst we at times fail to declare His power and presence, we too often hide in the shadows, if not for the Holy Spirit and those Godly people who stand in the breach evil would flood this world. It is time for all believers to Stand up for Jesus.
Tsavah2

I wonder what the world would be like if we lived in the glory and power of Easter Sunday revelling in the confidence that Jesus has risen He is alive and He has been victorious over satan and the grave. Not only that, we too have the promise of a resurrection life in Christ. Wouldn't every day be filled with that expectation of meeting our Lord face to face, of rising on wings of eagles and soaring with Him in Heaven forever. Wouldn't every day be filled with victory, every moment filled with joy, every battle overcome by the blood of Christ. All we need to do is believe.
Tsavah 2

Hello Tsavah2;

At that moment while Jesus hung on the cross there were miracles happening. The one that stands out are the many who believed, came to Jesus and received Salvation.

God bless you, Tsavah2, and Happy Resurrection.
one that is over looked is the centurion luke 23
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

47Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

i dont know if he got saved but it sure appears like he did btw this was a roman solider officer

God's Amazing Grace can reach the unreachable at times, can awaken a soul even when that soul has lain dormant for a long time, it only takes a touch of His Grace to tear down the barriers of a lifetime and let the light of God's Glory in. Walls are only walls while they stand.
Tsavah2

Back