The Developing Poet

This reminds me of my first art class. I took a course in art because I needed a class and other classes weren't available at the time. I was surprised though when not only did I enjoy the class, but I was better at it than I thought possible.

Perhaps there are many budding poets, artists of many flavors that just haven't stretched their wings to fly.

Perhaps there are many budding poets, artists of many flavors that just haven't stretched their wings to fly.
It reminded me of 1st grade as well as...

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isaiah 28:10 (KJV)

Art has helped me to be more observant. For instance clouds are not just white fluffs floating in the sky. Clouds have a lot character and can be dull or vibrant in color. Often though there is quite a range of gray shades mixed with some white and surrounded with varying degrees of blue in the sky. The shadows can be intense or not. The clouds can appear distant or not. There is a lot of variety in just this one aspect of the landscape.

Art has helped me to be more observant. For instance clouds are not just white fluffs floating in the sky. Clouds have a lot character and can be dull or vibrant in color. Often though there is quite a range of gray shades mixed with some white and surrounded with varying degrees of blue in the sky. The shadows can be intense or not. The clouds can appear distant or not. There is a lot of variety in just this one aspect of the landscape.
Photography has done similar for me, yet I remain terrible at taking pictures. lol

Back