The devil is the source of confusion?

Growing up we used to be told that God is a God of order. Therefore when things seem to be confusing it's the work of the devil.
Is there any biblical proof of this?
What can Christians do when they have to make decisions that the bible doesn't speak directly on but you can't settle your mind enough to feel peace with whatever decision you make?

For He [Who is the source of their prophesying] is not a God of confusion and disorder but of peace and order. As [is the practice] in all the churches of the saints (God's people),
1 Corinthians 14:33 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/1co.14.33.AMPC

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
John 10:10 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/jhn.10.10.AMPC

These verses back up what you were told growing up. And we know that the devil is the opposite of God.

The best thing to do when you can't find the direct answer in the Bible to your questions is to remind yourself James 1:5. The Father does willingly give wisdom to those who ask and believe without a doubt that he will answer them. Then as you meditate upon Him and the fact that He promises to give you the answer.. also meditate upon 1 John 4:4 and John 10:3 and Jeremiah 29:11. Those will help you to focus on Fathers love for you and that you are His sheep and know His voice, and greater is He that is in you... then hopefully your mind will be at peace enough to hear what The Holy Spirit is speaking to your spirit... if not, then put all of your thoughts on the subject at Jesus feet and find something that brings you peace so that you can get your mind quiet enough to hear.

Sometimes the answer does not come right away... in those times we just continue to trust that at the right time we will know what to do because The Holy Spirit will lead us in the right direction

For He [Who is the source of their prophesying] is not a God of confusion and disorder but of peace and order. As [is the practice] in all the churches of the saints (God's people),
1 Corinthians 14:33 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/1co.14.33.AMPC

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
John 10:10 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/jhn.10.10.AMPC

This verse backs up what you were told growing up. And we know that the devil is the opposite of God.

The best thing to do when you can't find the direct answer in the Bible to your questions is to remind yourself James 1:5. The Father does willingly give wisdom to those who ask and believe without a doubt that he will answer them. Then as you meditate upon Him and the fact that He promises to give you the answer.. also meditate upon 1 John 4:4 and John 10:3 and Jeremiah 29:11. Those will help you to focus on Fathers love for you and that you are His sheep and know His voice, and greater is He that is in you... then hopefully your kind will be at peace enough to hear what The Holy Spirit is speaking to your spirit... if not, then put all of your thoughts on the subject at Jesus feet and find something that brings you peace so that you can get your mind quiet enough to hear.

Beautifully said! Thank you!

Just wanted to add to what Cturtle said.

1. We don't need a Reason why we should not do something but a reason (being led by God) to do it.

2. When you find your self in a situation where you just have to make a Decision and you are not sure you have any direction.

Make sure you have prayed and sought God over it.
Pray in the Spirit and make the choice that seems best to you.

If we have been walking upright with the Father then we can rest knowing He is guiding us.
Sometimes He just wants you to learn to make good choices.

Trust Him and make sure that your own thoughts or desires are not deafening hearing Him.

Blessings
FCJ

Just wanted to add to what Cturtle said.

1. We don't need a Reason why we should not do something but a reason (being led by God) to do it.

2. When you find your self in a situation where you just have to make a Decision and you are not sure you have any direction.

Make sure you have prayed and sought God over it.
Pray in the Spirit and make the choice that seems best to you.

If we have been walking upright with the Father then we can rest knowing He is guiding us.
Sometimes He just wants you to learn to make good choices.

Trust Him and make sure that your own thoughts or desires are not deafening hearing Him.

Blessings
FCJ

Very true Jim. This part is difficult sometimes: "Trust Him and make sure that your own thoughts or desires are not deafening hearing Him."

Proverbs 3:6 has always helped me.

For me if something is confusing I ask God for wisdom and then read where he directs me to read in His Word. A scripture reference will come to mind and I will look it up in my Bible. Always, without fail, God will have something to say on the issue I am asking Him about, and it will be very clear - why because it's His word!
I will pray until I have peace. Sometimes, we just need to let go and let Him deal with it, but sometimes this needs a bit of intense prayer time before you reach that point and it could take a few days because you know what God is busy answering millions of peoples prayers (even though He has hosts of angels helping) and things go on His timing. In the meantime you are learning patience (or long-suffering) through it.

Somethings we may not understand until God reveals it to us but the seeking after Him is what He wants and simply trusting that He will do what is right - and He's always right after all He is God.

Agree with all you said; except..

And we know that the devil is the opposite of God.

I believe God IS, with no opposition of what Is Not.

I think perhaps what you meant; is the devil opposes God.

God Bless,
IJN

The devil the source of confusion?

I would say Yes.

Bottom line, trying to convince mankind that the Created, can Be Greater than the Creator.

God Bless,
IJN

Back