The direction of CCM music

like half of that. But what if the A line of each couplet was the same all through. At least 136 has a progression, a story

For me, being led by the Holy Spirit is what matters. He knows what our individual needs are.
There may be spiritual realities that need to be dealt with in a certain way that most are not aware of. When the Lord is leading, people know...just like they know when He's not.
Also, a sincere worship leader doesn't always get it right. Leadership will deal with this, if necessary. I wouldn't like to see grace extinguished by someone else's abuse.

The worship leaders I had in mind are those who orchestrate with the teacher for a combined impact, even including a video on the same topic.

Music styles come into favor and often fade, only to return again.

Many traditional hymns sung 50 years ago have fallen out of favor.

Consider
"A Mighty Fortress is our God"
or
"Onward Christian Soldiers"
or
When they wanted to mix U.S. patriotism with faith: "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"

These often were sung to full volume organ ( pull out all the organ stops or pound the piano hard) and got the congregation as charged as any ccm song does today.

Such songs with military imagery have fallen from being traditional favorites. It is precisely that they use that warlike imagery that makes many feel uneasy.

A pastor at a church I was attending a few years ago said there are no inherently evil songs, only evil lyrics.

If the current ccm songs engender faith and Christian Joy, they should not worry that an old stick_in_the_mud (me) would rather sing an old faithful hymn.

Old stick in the mud!

Good one.........add me to that also!

Back