The Elect Of God, Holy and Beloved

Hi All...

Here is something deep to think about:D

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. NKJV

This hit me hard when I realized what it means to be the elect of God. We are chosen by the Father to be His children. Our salvation has been planned before time began through the blood of Jesus on the cross. The Father, who knows all things, knows who will accept Him and who will reject Him. He will give everybody numerous chances to accept Him, but most people won't. It is sad, but true:(

Therefore, the Elect of God are those who accept Him as LORD and live according to His command of love.

Think about the numbers for a second...How many who are alive are Christians? How many of those who call themselves Christians are actually saved according to the Word? Do you know many people who call themselves Christians, but you wonder where are their fruit? Matthew 7:15-20 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Jesus said the way to life is narrow and few find it. Only the elect of God will ultimately enter the gate. Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. NKJV

If Jesus said few find it, then I believe many are fooled to believe they are on the narrow way and find out in the end it was not so. Salvation is accepting Jesus, making Him LORD over your life, and walking in His ways with a heart that seeks Him. All I know is that I would rather do what the Word says and receive a reward in the end than believe all is well and burn for a lack of knowledge.

As the elect few who choose to walk on the narrow way, Christians have a mandate to be like the Father. As we put on love we put on the Father because He is love. Walking in the way of the elect means that we start our salvation with Christ in us, our lives become a sacrifice to the LORD, and we should end up with us in Christ. We look like Him, act like Him, and talk like Him. The opening verse in Colossians 3:12-14 shows us what He looks like and How we look when we allow Him to take control of our lives. He is mercy, kind, meek, humble, love. We need to become like Him in our ways.

When we realize who we are in Christ, it changes us, and we see that salvation is not a joke. If the road of the elect is difficult and narrow, then the reward of remaining on the road will be amazing:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light(y)

Back