The Ending Of A Catholic Tradition??

Yeah, I think I remember now...glanced back through the thread. "Tradition" can sometimes hinder the intent of God's Word on the heart, in my opinion.

Yeah, I think I remember now...glanced back through the thread. "Tradition" can sometimes hinder the intent of God's Word on the heart, in my opinion.
Yes...theoretically, that idea is the original and basic thrust of the "protest" in "Protestant...But today....mmmyaaa...I see most Protestants just as traditional as many other denominations.

Well if you repeat anything more than twice, doesn't it become a 'tradition' or a 'ritual'? :D

I believe an addiction is classified as 'any routinely scheduled behavior' even if it is once a year.

Yes...theoretically, that idea is the original and basic thrust of the "protest" in "Protestant...But today....mmmyaaa...I see most Protestants just as traditional as many other denominations.

Yeah we need to get back too:

Matthew 22:36-40

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Can't argue with that!

Problem is (in my opinion) Christian folks have such a lumpy idea what "love" is in the first place. Certainly is the Gordian knot in the secular world, as well.

Can't argue with that!

Problem is (in my opinion) Christian folks have such a lumpy idea what "love" is in the first place. Certainly is the Gordian knot in the secular world, as well.

Oh brother you hit the nail on the head!

Our teens think 'love' is that hormonal thing-and we are losing people to teach them any different. So what do they have left? The carnal example of 'lust' as a working model.

My pastor quipped the other week about 'popping Adam in the chops' when he finds him in heaven for eating the fruit...But we wouldn't be living in such 'exciting times' now would we; if he hadn't?

Kids would have no problems lust if real love was evident in homes and churches.

The failure is not Adam, the world or the times.....it's the modern Church and it's "religious " families who talk and talk, but teens know it for what it is.....talk.

Oh...I'm sure there are solid loving Christian influences in most churches: but do they shine through the dirt? Do they reach out to the hurting? Really?