The Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:19-24

Now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Amen

Fruits of the Spirit is a great topic of discussion. As Spirit led Christians we will bear fruit in our lives as God works in us.

God also tells us he will write his law into our hearts:
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (KJV)

As God creates a new man in us we will exhibit change in our lives. It doesn't happen over night, but it cannot help but come to pass because we are fundamentally changed in our hearts and minds through the Holy Spirit.

Back