The Great Achievements of Your Country Thread

I want to go to Russia one day. I know the west as never been on great terms but i like to think there is something good about every country I visit, the people and there stories and culture and history how they grew up and so forth. The Russians have been also known for great chess players and ballet and gymnastics.

I always thought the Russians were otherworldly whilst I was growing up as their faces on tv never moved

We have more guns than people. That's an achievement, right? We also spend more on military defense than the next 9 highest spending countries in the world (and that includes Russia and China).

XRay

We have more guns than people. That's an achievement, right? We also spend more on military defense than the next 9 highest spending countries in the world (and that includes Russia and China).

XRay
It's probably in the Guinness Book of Records somewhere, along with people juggling spoons on their noses.

I want to go to Russia one day. I know the west as never been on great terms but i like to think there is something good about every country I visit, the people and there stories and culture and history how they grew up and so forth. The Russians have been also known for great chess players and ballet and gymnastics.

I always thought the Russians were otherworldly whilst I was growing up as their faces on tv never moved
No so sure about the ballet, gymnastics or chess anymore (robots now win at chess) but what I think is great about Russia is it gave us those cute Russian dolls. The ones that nest inside each other. Matryoshka.

Hello Lanolin;

The thought of California breaking away from the USA would be devastating for this woeful state. We pray everyday for the entire state (in my backyard, so to speak.) With or without the fault line (we live smack on top of the San Andreas fault line.)

California used to be self sufficient to operate as a country apart from the USA, and about 34 years ago I first learned there was talk about splitting the state into Northern and Southern California. Both can be self governing but to date this has not happened.

My wife and I had our minds set. Once she retired we desired to get out of California for so many reasons, but things may be changing. God has created circumstances that may very well keep us here to participate in the Commission. So we are still praying for His Plan and our marriage.

We attended an art show yesterday in San Francisco by a member of our church. While there we enjoyed the musical performance of 3 talented young girl musicians. I spoke to their Dad and Mom and they are from Kiev, Ukraine. They were surprised that I just got back from Romania and Ukraine and wanted to hear all about my mission testimony while in their home country. This was a good witness of hope and trust for this family who was led here. Despite the conditions in California, they are truly grateful for the opportunity to be here, live a productive life and help their people back home.

This state celebrates many sins but I truly believe the percentage of prayers from the Christian community all the way from San Diego to the tip of Shasta Cascade, CA, is being heard by the Lord. California is seeing God move across the state and bringing more and more people to Christ, one more person each day.

I have to say this is the biggest achievement of our country thread.
It's the oranges? California navel oranges.
Or raisins. California raisins.
What brings people to that state. I think it could possibly be the weather? It's a long way from Washington DC.

Remember how the spies entered the Promised land and reported there were giants..but that didn't matter there were giant grapes as well. I think every nation has some giant fruit of some kind they are famous for.
Be good if this was all spiritual fruit though!

It's the oranges? California navel oranges.
Or raisins. California raisins.
What brings people to that state. I think it could possibly be the weather? It's a long way from Washington DC.

Remember how the spies entered the Promised land and reported there were giants..but that didn't matter there were giant grapes as well. I think every nation has some giant fruit of some kind they are famous for.
Be good if this was all spiritual fruit though!

Hi Lanolin;

You're correct! California oranges are a huge provider within the state, and it's trade as a big exporter to other states and countries. California could be it's own country.

Unfortunately, during these times of gross mismanagement by the state's leaders, people are leaving California daily from the border of San Diego to the tip of Sacramento.

There are still signs of spiritual fruit but at the same time God is pruning the bad eggs.

XRay
Wow…

Well the way I see it is you are realists. People are sinners. You all need protection. The best kind. From each other as no one knows who will do what, when. Best be prepared hey.?
We still have a lot of crime in the U.K. and it’s rising but we are not allowed to protect ourselves the way you can. So that tells me guns are not the problem.

So yea I would say it’s an achievement. Truth allowed freedom. Freedom to protect yourself the easiest and quickest way.

To those who read this.
Please don’t let this thread evolve into a debate about wether guns are right or wrong. I’m just stating a fact.

Hi Lanolin;

You're correct! California oranges are a huge provider within the state, and it's trade as a big exporter to other states and countries. California could be it's own country.

Unfortunately, during these times of gross mismanagement by the state's leaders, people are leaving California daily from the border of San Diego to the tip of Sacramento.

There are still signs of spiritual fruit but at the same time God is pruning the bad eggs.
Where are they all going to? Mexico?

Mexican's value was celebration I think..they all like to have a fun time. Even when they die, they have a party. Also siestas are a Spanish thing where they all have a nap after lunch.

Ireland's value was storytelling.

I have been to Ireland. I remember going to Northern Ireland and along Shankill Road, the divide between Protestant and Catholics was marked with lots of murals depicting both views of the troubles. They had guns to, with plastic bullets. And they would cordon off the schools with barbed wire. They planted bombs and if you drove a white, orange or green car you that signified something I can't recall what. (However as tourists, we didn't get shot at)

If you kiss the blarney stone (which I have, upside down) it gives you the gift of the gab. Not to be confused with the gift of tongues.

Back