The Greatest Secret

The Greatest Secret

The Greatest Secret

Most Christians naturally look forward to eternal life. After all, isn't that what God's offer of salvation is all about?

Let's imagine for a moment what will happen at the end of our physical lives, when we awaken as spirit beings. There we will be, alive, never again to be subject to injury, illness, or just plain old age. What a glorious day that will be!
stars.jpg
But then what? What will we be doing, day after day, year after year, century after century - forever?
The answer to that question may be found throughout the Bible, where humans are constantly referred to as God's children. Jesus Christ very often referred to Christians as His brothers and sisters (Matthew 12:50). The Father is referred to as The Father (e.g. Matthew 6:9) because we were made in the image of God - "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them" (Genesis 1:27). Children, after a time of learning and growing, eventually become adults, just like their parents, although always and forever "out ranked" by them.
God does not do things in vain. Everything has a purpose. We have a purpose.
Consider:
"The Creation [i.e. the universe] waits in eager expectation for the sons [i.e. the transformed children, male and female] of God to be revealed [i.e. transformed to spirit beings]. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it [i.e. God halted its development until we are ready], in hope that the creation itself will be liberated [i.e. planets transformed from undeveloped, dry, lifeless hulks to living, breathing ecosystems] from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." (Romans 8:19-21)
Eternal life will not be unending idleness. We are going to have much to do, and forever to do it. Fact Finder: What did Jesus Christ say we are to do if we want to inherit eternal life?
Matthew 19:17

Back