The Horrid Errors In The Mirror Bible Translation

Folks, I would like to encourage you to watch the following video by Dr. Michael Winger concerning the wicked and evil so-called "translation" called The Mirror Bible. Mike hits on the highlights of what's so WRONG with this alleged translation. It's New Age, Buddhist-like foundations are indeed "mirrored" throughout, and is utterly anti-Gospel. That book teaches that you don't need to be born again, but that you are already in that new birth at your birth.

So, this will hopefully help you to rescue anyone else who is falling for the devilish warps and twists of that worldly verbiage concocted in the possessed mind of a man who is nowhere near the Greek scholar he seems to claim that he is.

? Never heard of it.
I'd just read the Holy Bible, not the Mirror Bible.

Not sure why people are constantly going to new translations, when if you find a good one, you just stick with it.
I'm sure there is stuff in scripture that people personally don't like to read, but doesn't mean everyone can just go changing it all the time.

Hello Musicmaster;

I listened to the one hour video. I haven't met Michael Winger but heard he is a pastor down in Southern California. He is a blessed teacher in apologistics who loves the Lord.

After the first 10 minutes of the video I was done but made the time to listen in it's entirety. The Mirror Bible is not an acceptable translation and we need to be careful. There are so many students world wide of the Bible who have already given the worst critique so I'll leave my personal comments here.

Moving on from the video, the Bible commands us to protect the flock, therefore, we should expose false teachers reference Matthew 16:6, Romans 16:17 and Philippians 3:2, 3:18 in LOVE, with a firm stand and a confident witness for Christ.

In ShepherdBoy's thread, What bible translation do you read and why was not posted in vain!

It is good to learn that the Bible translations others are studying here at CFS are acceptable translations. The Bible is not to be a fluffy, smooth reading of some mystical translation of God's Word, but a level of the Holy Spirit's prompt discipline and ultimate TRUTH to challenge us as disciples for Christ.

The Bible represents God's Scripture, first, followed with an exegesis (what the text originally meant) of the Scripture, second,
and other tools of Biblical interpretation that others here can share more. The more tools in our study the better.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing this thread.

What do people think about the Message Bible?

I'm really not a fan, though some people are avid readers of it.
I just read how it worded the Lords Prayer and I was kinda horrified that it said Yes! Yes! Yes! instead of Amen. I felt like I was reading Elmo's version of the Bible.

What do people think about the Message Bible?

I'm really not a fan, though some people are avid readers of it.
I just read how it worded the Lords Prayer and I was kinda horrified that it said Yes! Yes! Yes! instead of Amen. I felt like I was reading Elmo's version of the Bible.

The guy who put that out on the market asked me for my thoughts on it, and I told him that his choice of words made his paraphrase weaker rather than stronger. Jesus was vastly more than just a "message" to the world. His being "The WORD" portrays POWER! That was the main item of contention I had with it.

I also asked him why he was trying to be novel in his choice of words in a number of different places, rather than to stick with terms that have more punch in meaning. He wasn't all that receptive to my questions, and I think I understand why. It's not easy to finish something, only to then have to go back and edit key sections. I found out he had no intention of changing anything, and yet asked for opinions.

His main failure was in not consulting with an array of reviewers as he was writing. The tendency to try and make passages more understandable in modern language is never an easy task without running into the danger of watering down the meaning and the power couched in the original languages.

So, I still give it a thumbs-down rating.

MM

The guy who put that out on the market asked me for my thoughts on it, and I told him that his choice of words made his paraphrase weaker rather than stronger. Jesus was vastly more than just a "message" to the world. His being "The WORD" portrays POWER! That was the main item of contention I had with it.

I also asked him why he was trying to be novel in his choice of words in a number of different places, rather than to stick with terms that have more punch in meaning. He wasn't all that receptive to my questions, and I think I understand why. It's not easy to finish something, only to then have to go back and edit key sections. I found out he had no intention of changing anything, and yet asked for opinions.

His main failure was in not consulting with an array of reviewers as he was writing. The tendency to try and make passages more understandable in modern language is never an easy task without running into the danger of watering down the meaning and the power couched in the original languages.

So, I still give it a thumbs-down rating.

MM
Should only use formal translations!

Winger is a straight shooter but I imagine (5 months since the video) it won't be too long before The Mirror Bible is hanging on the walls of your local Christian Bookstores.

p.s. I took a quick peek at CBD and lo and behold, is this it? (I'll look at Winger's video tomorrow).

If this is the same Bible, all I can say is "Yikes!".

Looking at Amazon, most reviewers gave it positive reviews except MW who wrote...(If true...thumbs down)
This was recommended to me by a person filled with the presence of God. While it has some very good things to say, I would NOT recommend it because it intentionally leaves out many books of the New Testament, particularly one's that have verses pointing to Hell. A book should not have the title "Bible" when it leaves out entire portions of the New Testament. It also seems to depict a false theology that no one is going to Hell because Christ died for everyone (even if they don't receive Him).

Last edited:
Winger is a straight shooter but I imagine (5 months since the video) it won't be too long before The Mirror Bible is hanging on the walls of your local Christian Bookstores.

p.s. I took a quick peek at CBD and lo and behold, is this it? (I'll look at Winger's video tomorrow).

If this is the same Bible, all I can say is "Yikes!".

Looking at Amazon, most reviewers gave it positive reviews except MW who wrote...(If true...thumbs down)

Materials like this has a sales force of demons behind it, so it's bound to be a best seller so long as they push it into the minds and hearts of the unwary. Money, money, money...

MM

Materials like this has a sales force of demons behind it, so it's bound to be a best seller so long as they push it into the minds and hearts of the unwary. Money, money, money...

MM
I looked at half of the Winger video so far. It's amazing the reviewers at Amazon pretty much have given this garbage glowing reports. (Yuk)
Dutoits incessant denial of the necessity of the New Birth tells me he has been ensnared into the New Age whose mantra is pretty much that of the serpent, "You are (already) Gods (you just need to come to that realization).

MM

I just contacted that company selling that horrid transliteration. I hope they take it to heart. I also provided them with Winger's review in the hopes they will pull it from their listings. However, you know how money talks, and tends to be the god of even businesses that have "Christian" in their name. Accountability seems to be a thing of the past for so many these days, but it's nothing new. The vatican refuses to be accountable to any challenges from outside their ranks. The same is true of the Southern Baptist Sunday School Convention, or whatever it's called. They tried to sue our socks off in federal court, but it never went anywhere after the actual ministry owner took the organization into a sole proprietorship, and therefore rogue because of the irrational demands of the SBSSC. It's all about money and influence. Richard Land was the president of the SBC at the time when I contacted him about what his branch organization was doing, and he washed his hands of what the SBSSC was doing.

So, if you have the time, you might watch the listing to see if they ever pull that book.

MM

I just contacted that company selling that horrid transliteration. I hope they take it to heart. I also provided them with Winger's review in the hopes they will pull it from their listings. However, you know how money talks, and tends to be the god of even businesses that have "Christian" in their name. Accountability seems to be a thing of the past for so many these days, but it's nothing new. ...<snip>...So, if you have the time, you might watch the listing to see if they ever pull that book.

I take it you are referring to C-D. I wouldn't hold my breath. I had warned them about The Shack when it came out, but to no avail. As you say $$ $peak louder than Reason. All I could do from there was to cease patronizing the place. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't include "Christian" in their name. Sad, I remember back in the mid '70's, all they carried were serious and sound titles. Today? Fluff and <dangerous>Stuff.

Would someone concisely tell me what the mirror bible is about?
Going by the video (and Winger compares the Mirror with a standard version today) it's about a man who left the faith, got caught up in the New Age movement and decided to write his own version of the Bible which comports to the lies of his new found (so called) faith.

Going by the video (and Winger compares the Mirror with a standard version today) it's about a man who left the faith, got caught up in the New Age movement and decided to write his own version of the Bible which comports to the lies of his new found (so called) faith.
Sounds about as biblical as the Shack was!

Ok everyone. I got a response from the Christianbook website folks where the Mirror Bible is being sold:

Thanks for contacting us with your concerns.

I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the right people here at Christianbook so they can look into this.

Ben L.
Customer Service
Christianbook

Ok everyone. I got a response from the Christianbook website folks where the Mirror Bible is being sold:

Thanks for contacting us with your concerns.

I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the right people here at Christianbook so they can look into this.

Ben L.
Customer Service
Christianbook

Seriously? I'm surprised they stock this book. I have spoken with this company many times through the years and for sure, I'll bet the CSR there is not even a Christian.

Thanks, MM.

Back