The Lord Provides

Yesterday many things went wrong. Among them our 30+ year old John Deere tractor finally died. This may not seem like an overly big deal, but when you live on a farm and your tractor is finally gone, it HAS to be replaced, and this is a very expensive venture. I forced myself all day yesterday to simply pray to God for His help. He has never failed me, ever. To be sure, within less than 24 hours we happened upon a very lucky situation wherein our old tractor and its implements were accepted by a collector who had connections at the John Deere dealership and was able to get us a brand new tractor for a price that was incredibly reasonable and we could afford. It was just a lucky moment that my husband ran into this man and told him about what had happened. So, thanks to God, we have the much-needed tractor and we didn't have to take out a second mortgage on the house in order to own it. I am so grateful to the Lord that he takes such incredible care of us, and makes the seemingly impossible, possible. I cannot even count the times He has blessed us in this manner. Praise be to the Lord who cares for his children and provides them with their needs. Everytime this happens I am amazed anew at the power and compassion of God, and the fact that he should care about our little lives.

Psalm 30:2 "I will exalt you Lord,for you lifted me out of the depths ...Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." 30:3 -4 "You Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favour lasts a lifetime, weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."
Psalm 30:11-12 "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent."

God answers prayers, even the impossible ones.

Interesting thread to also read other people's experiences with "the Lord provides".

Recently my town pushbike has become at a state where it needs a major overhaul to get it back into a reasonable safe state. The Lord knows that I am too poor for such repairs. So I had a need, but not needing it as such for me to create an expectation. Over the last month two pushbikes were deposited on the front lawn. Each one could have been utilized for repairing my bike, but I also knew that local police where trying to solve a recent spate of stolen pushbikes in the area. Most probably kids steeling bikes to get from A to B. I knew that they were most likely stolen bicycles dumped where I live because where I live has the only easy access through to the back lane in our street _ a quick escape route or shortcut.

So I put the bikes nicely parked on the street at the kerb/gutter. Sure enough, within 24 hours somebody else took them away. Hopefully the original owner.

I know that the Lord would not provide something that could cause trouble with the police (possession of stolen goods). I saw the whole incident as a deception, either by coincidence or by the one I will not name. Then a few days later, a friend who is now a retired bike shop owner, asked me how my bike was going. I told him it was not good. He told me to bring it around to his place to get it repaired (no charge). Praise the Lord!

Yesterday many things went wrong. Among them our 30+ year old John Deere tractor finally died. This may not seem like an overly big deal, but when you live on a farm and your tractor is finally gone, it HAS to be replaced, and this is a very expensive venture. I forced myself all day yesterday to simply pray to God for His help. He has never failed me, ever. To be sure, within less than 24 hours we happened upon a very lucky situation wherein our old tractor and its implements were accepted by a collector who had connections at the John Deere dealership and was able to get us a brand new tractor for a price that was incredibly reasonable and we could afford. It was just a lucky moment that my husband ran into this man and told him about what had happened. So, thanks to God, we have the much-needed tractor and we didn't have to take out a second mortgage on the house in order to own it. I am so grateful to the Lord that he takes such incredible care of us, and makes the seemingly impossible, possible. I cannot even count the times He has blessed us in this manner. Praise be to the Lord who cares for his children and provides them with their needs. Everytime this happens I am amazed anew at the power and compassion of God, and the fact that he should care about our little lives.

Psalm 30:2 "I will exalt you Lord,for you lifted me out of the depths ...Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." 30:3 -4 "You Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favour lasts a lifetime, weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."
Psalm 30:11-12 "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent."

God answers prayers, even the impossible ones.

Interesting thread to also read other people's experiences with "the Lord provides".

Recently my town pushbike has become at a state where it needs a major overhaul to get it back into a reasonable safe state. The Lord knows that I am too poor for such repairs. So I had a need, but not needing it as such for me to create an expectation. Over the last month two pushbikes were deposited on the front lawn. Each one could have been utilized for repairing my bike, but I also knew that local police where trying to solve a recent spate of stolen pushbikes in the area. Most probably kids steeling bikes to get from A to B. I knew that they were most likely stolen bicycles dumped where I live because where I live has the only easy access through to the back lane in our street _ a quick escape route or shortcut.

So I put the bikes nicely parked on the street at the kerb/gutter. Sure enough, within 24 hours somebody else took them away. Hopefully the original owner.

I know that the Lord would not provide something that could cause trouble with the police (possession of stolen goods). I saw the whole incident as a deception, either by coincidence or by the one I will not name. Then a few days later, a friend who is now a retired bike shop owner, asked me how my bike was going. I told him it was not good. He told me to bring it around to his place to get it repaired (no charge). Praise the Lord!

Wow... awesome! Glory to God!

God is so good isn't He! He has blessed Jim and I with a houseful of furniture and such. We even now have bicycles. All glory to God!

My son is visiting from the East Coast (we live on the West Coast) U.S. and is doing some painting and repair work on my house while he is here. It's mainly him and me since my husband now lives in an Adult Memory Care home. One of our problems was the main bathroom switch and ceiling fan. The switch would cause light flickering and the ceiling fan stopped working some time ago. At first we thought hiring an electrician would be the only thing to do; but my son was able to replace the switch and he simply oiled the fan and it worked fine again. I said, "God is with us." and even over the little things I know He is. So I am thanking God for His provision on that and other things (even in advance) as the work on the house continues for another week or so. God is our provider!

My son is visiting from the East Coast (we live on the West Coast) U.S. and is doing some painting and repair work on my house while he is here. It's mainly him and me since my husband now lives in an Adult Memory Care home. One of our problems was the main bathroom switch and ceiling fan. The switch would cause light flickering and the ceiling fan stopped working some time ago. At first we thought hiring an electrician would be the only thing to do; but my son was able to replace the switch and he simply oiled the fan and it worked fine again. I said, "God is with us." and even over the little things I know He is. So I am thanking God for His provision on that and other things (even in advance) as the work on the house continues for another week or so. God is our provider!

The week before I went to France I had one issue after another almost every day before departure. It was like the enemy was just firing at me. I had a car issue and it was resolved at a good price. I knew God was in that. I had other issues and I saw God in those. Then on the evening before I was to board my flight at 7:00 pm I met my son and his girlfriend for dinner. The oil light flashed on my car for only a second and read LOW OIL PRESSURE - MANUAL DRIVE. My car is all electrical and tells me everything that goes wrong. At no time did I see any type of message that said my car was low on oil. I went on to dinner and then went home. I called my service rep at the dealership and spoke with him. He said check my oil. I did and I had literally zero oil in my car. I am saying it was completely bone dry. I put 2 quarts of synthetic into the car and it still barely registered. I had to leave for the airport, but was stressed over my car a little. My sister took my car to my sons mechanic. He did an oil change while I was out of town. When I came home my car was perfect. He said I did not have a leak and nothing was wrong with my car. I was driving a car with no oil and nothing happened to the car. That is a miracle. My only expense was an oil change. This may be a small thing, but it's huge to me. God does take care of all things concerning me.

Back