the love of many will grow cold (Matthew 24:12)?

kjv uses wax cold i decided to do some quick search on this phrases . this is what i come up with

WAX COLD is a biblical phrase used only in Matthew 24:12. The Greek word psugestetai from the root psucho means – to breathe cool by blowing, to grow cold. One scholar describes it as “spiritual energy blighted (spoiled/damaged) or chilled by a malign (evil) or poisonous wind.

i like the poisonous wind part. there is a storm brewing with high winds created by Satan

the Love of many will wax cold prophesy is that for something to "wax" cold means it solidified with time. so we can see its not something that happens over night. we are living in very serious times each generation is being affected 302036833_563275805485072_2559882786977633124_n.jpg

kjv uses wax cold i decided to do some quick search on this phrases . this is what i come up with

WAX COLD is a biblical phrase used only in Matthew 24:12. The Greek word psugestetai from the root psucho means – to breathe cool by blowing, to grow cold. One scholar describes it as “spiritual energy blighted (spoiled/damaged) or chilled by a malign (evil) or poisonous wind.

i like the poisonous wind part. there is a storm brewing with high winds created by Satan

the Love of many will wax cold prophesy is that for something to "wax" cold means it solidified with time. so we can see its not something that happens over night. we are living in very serious times each generation is being affected View attachment 8632

Agreed.

Choices become habits and habits become destiny.

Many people over the years have told me.........."I do not have to go to church to worship God". That is both TRUE and FALSE!

No one has to go to church to be a Christian but the Bible says that IF....IF you are born again, you should want to go to church!!!!

Matthew 7:22-23........
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works, and I will say, depart from me ye workers of iniquity?”

Hmmmm, I wonder what that means!

Not sure how parents rationalise this but there used to be parents who never went to church but sent their children there so they could actually have a break on Sunday mornings.

My parents never went to church, except when they got married, so we only ever went for weddings. I would have liked to have gone but had no way of getting there.

Not sure how parents rationalise this but there used to be parents who never went to church but sent their children there so they could actually have a break on Sunday mornings.

My parents never went to church, except when they got married, so we only ever went for weddings. I would have liked to have gone but had no way of getting there.
Going to church does not make anyone a Christian. However......all Christians should go to church!

When I was young (preschool thru about 2nd grade) my mother took us to church/Sunday School while my father stayed home. I found out much later (after my father passed) that the congregation opposed the work my father did (he designed military missiles) and made him feel very unwelcome.

Sometimes it is the church that rejects the man.

When I was young (preschool thru about 2nd grade) my mother took us to church/Sunday School while my father stayed home. I found out much later (after my father passed) that the congregation opposed the work my father did (he designed military missiles) and made him feel very unwelcome.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find non-apostate churches in modern Western culture because they hide in plain sight disguising themselves as Christian while surreptitiously supporting the works and doctrines of the devil. Finding a true Bible believing church takes time, research, and prayer, but it's better to temporarily absent ourselves from church than to sit in a pew and be fed satanic poison disguised as holy writ.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find non-apostate churches in modern Western culture because they hide in plain sight disguising themselves as Christian while surreptitiously supporting the works and doctrines of the devil. Finding a true Bible believing church takes time, research, and prayer, but it's better to temporarily absent ourselves from church than to sit in a pew and be fed satanic poison disguised as holy writ.
Often times 'apostate' is defined as any group that has a view differing from the one doing the judgement, regardless of the scriptures that group follows or the way they perceive the message of the Bible.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find non-apostate churches in modern Western culture
i disagree given where i live at the Churches i know teach the truth. i have no idea what lurches out in the Big Cities/suburbs . even the apostolic preach the truth. even where i disagree with the oneness teaching and the speaking in tongues evidence you have the Holy Ghost .there baptism is for the remission of sins . water baptism does not nor has never saved us. . its remarkable i read a article that a first Baptist Church was having members sign a paper on sexuality here is the article . https://www.foxnews.com/media/first...acklash-biblical-sexuality-pledge-congregants i have some reservations on this,

my point is that every Church body i know preaches from the Bible

i disagree given where i live at the Churches i know teach the truth. i have no idea what lurches out in the Big Cities/suburbs . even the apostolic preach the truth. even where i disagree with the oneness teaching and the speaking in tongues evidence you have the Holy Ghost .there baptism is for the remission of sins . water baptism does not nor has never saved us. . its remarkable i read a article that a first Baptist Church was having members sign a paper on sexuality here is the article . https://www.foxnews.com/media/first...acklash-biblical-sexuality-pledge-congregants i have some reservations on this,

I think it is the presentation of the word and interpretation that makes a church an apostate. I was attending a mega church in Virginia until the pastor gave a sermon that suggested that Christs death and resurrection acted like a cover for all sin. While this is true, the way he presented it was more like a license to sin. I spoke with him afterward and told him how it sounded and that I had heard others saying the same thing, he said that is not what he meant and if people took it that way it was their problem. I went back the next week expecting him to clarify what he intended to say the previous week. Instead he just moved on as though there was no confusion. I never went back. As a pastor or a teacher you must be careful to present the word of God so that it is not misunderstood.

I have seen that also.

I think it is the presentation of the word and interpretation that makes a church an apostate. I was attending a mega church in Virginia until the pastor gave a sermon that suggested that Christs death and resurrection acted like a cover for all sin. While this is true, the way he presented it was more like a license to sin. I spoke with him afterward and told him how it sounded and that I had heard others saying the same thing, he said that is not what he meant and if people took it that way it was their problem. I went back the next week expecting him to clarify what he intended to say the previous week. Instead he just moved on as though there was no confusion. I never went back. As a pastor or a teacher you must be careful to present the word of God so that it is not misunderstood.
Agree!

AND..........when someone does as you did, the Pastor "must" clarify his position!

It is not that a Church does not preach from the Bible. It is what they ADD to what is actually said in the Bible, such as you just said about water baptism saving anyone.

Agreed!

granted he should have . what would have been good if you would have went to him and asked him to clarify if he failed then leave , its easy to say something and not fully realize it or sometimes it just dont come out right.

as i was preaching last sunday i made the statement i dont care what you do run shout walk back the pews then i said fall out in the floor, i had retract all that and said make sure its of God . i have been in services where they though they was working up the spirit . the spirit leads us i have no problem with emotions in Church.. provide its of the spirit and not of us.

I believe (and pray) that we will choose with whom to do battle and avoid battling our brothers.

Before condemning a church, it may be instructive to attend that church for a couple of months and see their teaching and ministry from the inside. Note what scriptures they use and how they use it. Avoid holding your preferred views up as a standard.

I believe (and pray) that we will choose with whom to do battle and avoid battling our brothers.

Before condemning a church, it may be instructive to attend that church for a couple of months and see their teaching and ministry from the inside. Note what scriptures they use and how they use it. Avoid holding your preferred views up as a standard.
wise advice its easy to judge a book by its cover .

Going to church does not make anyone a Christian. However......all Christians should go to church!
i can truthfully say. i have never been in that type environment .
i disagree given where i live at the Churches i know teach the truth. i have no idea what lurches out in the Big Cities/suburbs . even the apostolic preach the truth. even where i disagree with the oneness teaching and the speaking in tongues evidence you have the Holy Ghost .there baptism is for the remission of sins . water baptism does not nor has never saved us. . its remarkable i read a article that a first Baptist Church was having members sign a paper on sexuality here is the article . https://www.foxnews.com/media/first...acklash-biblical-sexuality-pledge-congregants i have some reservations on this, my point is that every Church body i know preaches from the Bible
I believe (and pray) that we will choose with whom to do battle and avoid battling our brothers. Before condemning a church, it may be instructive to attend that church for a couple of months and see their teaching and ministry from the inside. Note what scriptures they use and how they use it. Avoid holding your preferred views up as a standard.

Hello forgiven;

Its sad that all these views are true and exist in many of today's Churches including the troubling times in the SF Bay Area. Whether Independent Christian, Baptist Christian, Mega Church Christian, etc... the many flavors of Christian Churches are having a hard time defining the True Church mixed with their congregation and community agendas.

It's the truth that all Christians have problems and even when attending worship, God sees the problems in His Churches. But He also provides a refuge for believers who need to belong, feel loved, being a part of the Body and getting encouraged. It's refreshing to get recharged as we enter the next day or week.

Biblelover makes a good point that many Christians want to believe or serve God on their terms. That itself is a disguise.

As Dave F. posted, ALL pastors or whoever delivers the sermon should always be ready to explain the meaning of what they presented instead of dismissing those who received it differently or questionable as their problem.

Fortunately, where the breakdown of today's Church exist, also exist Churches (in the same communities) who continue to strive in seeking God's Truth and plan for His people. God bless His Churches and pastors!

My wife and I are transitioning as new members to a Church 35 minutes where we live. The Church is rebuilding from 300 members in the past to 10 today. They own their property and finances is tough. They haven't had a pastor (America has a shortage of pastors from coast to coast) for two years. But they choose to stand firm in God's promises as He continues to sustain the hearts of His Churches. Our new Church family is currently fostered by the Association called the Renew Program which I serve.

We always look forward to worship with our new Church family week after week. The pastors and myself fill the pulpit supply. Everyone has been zealous to preach the Word and the congregation is getting FED with inspiring sermons.

In 2016 at the former Church I served, I married my sister and brother in law. Then next year when their daughter was born, I officiated a Christening for her. She is 5 years old and has attended Church almost 100% each week. Tomorrow they are going to our new Church with us. Why? They want to visit and meet our new Church family and worship the Lord with everyone. There is no bemoaning, only the joy of going to see God.

Forgiven, the love of many are growing cold in these times as Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24:12.

But He also encourages us that the one (you and me) who endures to the end will be saved reference Matthew 24:13. This talks about the one who perseveres in his/her faith is the one who must continue to minister; pray for the rebellious, Love them, continue to plant that seed for everyone, not just the seasoned Christian. This all must remain constant in our witness. Pray for them and then get out of God's way and allow Him to continue watering those seeds.

We're all a work in progress and as Siloam shared, avoid holding our preferred views as a standard.

God bless you, Jerry, your Church, and thank you for sharing this topic.

Mark 3:24-26

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Works similarly whether the house is Satan's dominion or the Lord's kingdom.

Back