The Meaning of Life

BibleLover

Helper
Staff member
Helper
One of the most important lessons of Scripture (perhaps the chief lesson) is the lesson that without faith, pleasing God is impossible, and it provides the guidance that the Just shall live by faith ("shall" used with 3rd person indicates special emphasis). Here is the key question: what does it mean to LIVE BY FAITH? What do you think?

One of the most important lessons of Scripture (perhaps the chief lesson) is the lesson that without faith, pleasing God is impossible, and it provides the guidance that the Just shall live by faith ("shall" used with 3rd person indicates special emphasis). Here is the key question: what does it mean to LIVE BY FAITH? What do you think?

Hello BibleLover;

Each day my life starts with Jesus. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. My life (noun) with Jesus, is to exist. It's who I am with Him. Living (verb) day by day with my Lord and Savior is to remain alive with Him.

My life and live by faith equates to trust, in those moments when the Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf what I cannot see or know the answers. I rely on God's promises on what may be impossible but not to Him.

Small example. How would I have thunk (lol!) thought that I could share my testimony so many years ago to the whole world instead of just my neighborhood? Impossible, but not with God where today we're able to share our faith on the internet.

Thank you for sharing, BibleLover.

God bless you and your family.

I believe Heb 11 speaks to that giving some examples, and Paul reveals the temporal outcome of such a walk of faith in 2Cor 11...

2 Corinthians 11:23-28 (NASB) Are they servants of Christ?--I speak as if insane--I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches.

I believe Heb 11 speaks to that giving some examples, and Paul reveals the temporal outcome of such a walk of faith in 2Cor 11...

2 Corinthians 11:23-28 (NASB) Are they servants of Christ?--I speak as if insane--I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches.

Hello crossnote;

Imagine, actually, believe it. When Paul endured all these trials, pain and suffering, he still kept the faith, ministered to the lost and was filled with joy. To be honest, could we endure that?

In our Meaning of Life, do we experience that kind of pain?

Just a thought.

Hello crossnote;

Imagine, actually, believe it. When Paul endured all these trials, pain and suffering, he still kept the faith, ministered to the lost and was filled with joy. To be honest, could we endure that?

In our Meaning of Life, do we experience that kind of pain?

Just a thought.
LOL, how about one tenth of what Paul went through as well as his heaviness for the Churches. A true Pastor.

What does it mean to "live by faith"?????

My 1st thought was.......living with NO safety net!

If we turn everything over to God and depend on Him and only Him then we remove our efforts. In other words, we do not live looking every day at our banks web site to see if we have any money or are our investments doing OK.

We turn it over, let God have it and watch Dr. Phil. NO NET!

But of course that is different then the "object of our Faith".

Everybody has faith! We turn the key in our expecting it to start.
We turn on the TV expecting to get an image.
We answer the phone when it rings expecting someone to answer.
When we are sick and go to the Dr. we expect him to write a script that helps us.
We turn on the water tap expecting water to come out.

All of that is "faith" in something.

The object of the belief, trust, or faith by which the Christian is to live is Jesus Christ! To live by faith is to live trusting Jesus, who loved us to the point of dying in our place, purchasing our salvation. This trust should be a constant throughout the life of the believer and if it isn't then the salvation of that person has to be challenged.

To have my life and will handed over to God on a daily basis.
Go with the flow of what is True.
If my faith and love for Truth is not unconditional then I am compromising for self-will.

To live by faith. Is to act in faith. It is a way of living, trusting God and his word. It is wonderful to know with certainty that God walks with us and is in us. Through this knowledge we can have confidence in God's word, his help, his guidance, his instruction, his deliverance and ultimately we know that we will be with God in his kingdom.

Living by faith is a far reaching concept wherein we trust that God acts in us, we trust that we hear God, we trust that God will work out circumstances to the good even when things look very bad. We come to trust God in all aspects of our life. Part of that trust is the trust that God will bring about real change in our lives as we discard the old man and take on the new.

To live by faith. Is to act in faith. It is a way of living, trusting God and his word. It is wonderful to know with certainty that God walks with us and is in us. Through this knowledge we can have confidence in God's word, his help, his guidance, his instruction, his deliverance and ultimately we know that we will be with God in his kingdom.

Living by faith is a far reaching concept wherein we trust that God acts in us, we trust that we hear God, we trust that God will work out circumstances to the good even when things look very bad. We come to trust God in all aspects of our life. Part of that trust is the trust that God will bring about real change in our lives as we discard the old man and take on the new.

Romans 8;28.........
" And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Hi BibleLover,

Great topic. As all throughout history who sought God had to live by faith, we know that we also do. However you have asked specifically so ....as I believe I am part of the Body of Christ then my faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of His Body, and all the He has promised to it.

As part of the Body of Christ I believe that the Lord has been building and maturing His Body over the centuries and across the world. I believe He is bringing it to maturity in Himself and thus I look in faith for His return.

Daily I seek His will for my daily life and am attentive to His leading and highlighting those areas needing addressing.

I believe (have faith) that the Lord is working through His Body in the relationships I am amongst, and work together to build each other up in the Lord and seek opportunities to reach out to believers who have lost their way and unbelievers I live amongst.

`To live by faith` actually needs another component to answer - faith in what?

Marilyn.

For me, what it means to live by faith, I think that knowledge plays a big part in my choices. But itā€™s not the only aspect I live by. Facts do come first though. Not blind faith.
knowledge and facts helps my faith grow.

so yes, living by faith means seeking knowledge because the first commandment says we must love God with all our hearts MINDS and souls and contrasting that with what I want, I can help to choose the best action..

good threadšŸ˜Š

Back