The miracle of Life

Hello brothers and sisters,

This is my first post on this forum, I hope I put it in the right place.

My name is Lillie, I'm 26 and in July this year I experienced the true miracle of Life, I experienced God's love in a way I had never before ; I became a mother. I gave birth to our daughter on July 7, and on this night I was reborn as well.

Giving birth to our daughter was the most intense, extraordinary moment. When the midwife put her on my chest, I couldn’t believe it. How could it be that my imperfect, soiled body had created such a wonder?

I spent the first few days holding her in my hands, she was that tiny, and feeling like I was holding the entire universe. I was holding a miracle, the miracle of Life. I am amazed at God's work and his undying love every time I look at her. I have a feeling she was always there, somewhere, waiting for us. I feel like at some point in space and time, there are other children waiting for us. Souls that God will put in my belly.

For the first time in my life, I know where I belong. I know where I’m headed and what my purpose is. God has called me to be a mother. He has called me to bear children and to raise them as Children of God. I don’t know what path lies ahead of my daughter, but I know it will be great.

When I learned I was pregnant, the first thing I did was look for this verse in Psalm 139, and give thanks to God. We were not expecting this pregnancy at that time, but I know God chose the perfect moment.

Psalm 139, 13-14 says "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well."

I never understood its true meaning until now. There is so much I would like to say, but there are no words to describe the intensity of that experience and the strength of the love I feel. I love God and I love my daughter in a way that makes my chest want to burst open every time she smiles. I see Him in her, I see His love, His grace, His wonder.

I am so grateful and thankful that God has made me a woman able to bear children.

Caring for a newborn is hard, sleep deprivation takes a toll on both body and mind, but when she falls asleep in my arms I feel like I’m holding a little piece of Heaven. I don’t even know if I’m worthy of her, if I will be able to raise her the way she deserves, the way God wants me to. I know it will take every ounce of energy I have, but I will gladly give it to her.

She is so beautiful and precious, and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for giving me the gift of being her mother. She is a light for so many people, our families, our friends, everybody rejoiced with us all throughout my pregnancy and when she was born.

Children truly are a miracle, truly are a gift from the Lord. And His love is endless, undying, He is faithful and generous and so, so good. I've heard that phrase so many times: God is love, but only now I truly understand what it means to feel God's love.

I pray that all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, feel that love today. God bless you all and your families.

Lillie.

God blesses us in so many ways each and every day.

Thanks for sharing this particular blessing. It's important to pause long enough to see how God is acting in our lives.

This reminds me of God's words in Eccl 4:9, 12

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Back