The Money in Banks

Just a SAFETY REMINDER from the CFS Staff for persons using roll around gasoline/diesel/propane generators. DO NOT run them indoors or in your garage. They ALL produce carbon monoxide that is colorless, odorless, displaces oxygen in the human blood stream and can KILL in minutes. Also, ONLY use approved gasoline/diesel/propane storage containers and do not fill them totally full. Gasoline is especially volatile and expands when subjected to external heat (such as inside an outdoor shed in hot climates) and evaporates, increasing gas pressure within the storage can. Gasoline and propane vapor can ignite with static electricity or any type of spark. Use extreme caution when working with gasoline, diesel fuel or propane.

`

Having lived my entire life in central Florida, there are several things that we all have learned from HURICANES (Those willing to learn) which can be applied to this Covid-19 situation. I am blessed to share them with all who want to learn...……..

1. Buy a gasoline generator.
2. Buy 3 x 5 gallon gas cans in the spring and fill them and put them away some where in shed/ garage. (Use a gas stabilizer).
3. Buy 5 cases of water and store them somewhere. (Shed/garage).
4. Buy enough non-perishable food for approx. 7 days.
5. Have enough CASH on hand for 1 month.

Now if those things are done now, you will not have to run around trying to find those items when the storm/virus/situation comes upon you.

The generator is of course needed to keep your refrigerator running.
The gas is to keep the generator running because the power will go out.
Water does not spoil and it can always be consumed and replaced.
Food because when the power goes out and the food stores do not open, you will be able to eat.
CASH on hand is because of what you just posted.

I have followed these simple rules of existence now for 50 years and I can promise you that "A country boy will survive".!

Now I certainly know that all the above is not needed if there is a quarantine issued to stay in our homes. However, I do know that numbers 3-5 are!!!!!!

FYI......….Saturday. the 21st, I cashed a $900.00 dollar check at Wells Fargo with no problem at all.
Yes, but everybody forgot to put in what seemly is the main commodity everyone is looking for in stores.....toilet paper.

Just a SAFETY REMINDER from the CFS Staff for persons using roll around gasoline/diesel/propane generators. DO NOT run them indoors or in your garage. They ALL produce carbon monoxide that is colorless, odorless, displaces oxygen in the human blood stream and can KILL in minutes. Also, ONLY use approved gasoline/diesel/propane storage containers and do not fill them totally full. Gasoline is especially volatile and expands when subjected to external heat (such as inside an outdoor shed in hot climates) and evaporates, increasing gas pressure within the storage can. Gasoline and propane vapor can ignite with static electricity or any type of spark. Use extreme caution when working with gasoline, diesel fuel or propane.

`
Very true, all my 5 gallon containers swelled up and distorted, to say nothing of the gas fumes it spewed out in the garage. Not good..

It is a virus it isn't a hurricane, so essential services like electricity etc are still running. People just need to stay in their own homes and not get too close to others.

Look after each other and don't worry about anything. Just pray. It is a sin to worry.

Y'all have WAY too much time on your hands to be thinking of such things. However the National Guard, and other military personnel have been organized to deploy to maintain civil order at any time. We are surrounded by bases here in NC. Three local businesses here have already been robbed. We have fuel, groceries, and enough to last mandatory and/or Marshal law for several months. This neighborhood in a plethora of retired military, military members, and law enforcement. With one road in, anyone seeking through would certainly be heard by someone's K-9. This is a safe place to be in all this, and I thank our Father in heaven most are saved.

The local baking system has been allowing for any needed withdrawals, and did not give me any squabble over my transaction.
Everyone stay safe, and I pray for us to all make it through this tribulation.

Love and peace to all

It is a virus it isn't a hurricane, so essential services like electricity etc are still running. People just need to stay in their own homes and not get too close to others.

Look after each other and don't worry about anything. Just pray. It is a sin to worry.
Except where the earthquakes take it out...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/18/utah-earthquake-5-7-magnitude-earthquake-hits-utah/2863406001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/us/puerto-rico-electricity-power-earthquake.html

Very true, all my 5 gallon containers swelled up and distorted, to say nothing of the gas fumes it spewed out in the garage. Not good..

You can only store gasoline for about 6 months at the most because it naturally degrades and loses combustibility over time due to oxidation.

It will last longer if a gasoline stabilizer is used, however I always put the unused has in my car after the hurricane season is over.

Y'all have WAY too much time on your hands to be thinking of such things. However the National Guard, and other military personnel have been organized to deploy to maintain civil order at any time. We are surrounded by bases here in NC. Three local businesses here have already been robbed. We have fuel, groceries, and enough to last mandatory and/or Marshal law for several months. This neighborhood in a plethora of retired military, military members, and law enforcement. With one road in, anyone seeking through would certainly be heard by someone's K-9. This is a safe place to be in all this, and I thank our Father in heaven most are saved.

The local baking system has been allowing for any needed withdrawals, and did not give me any squabble over my transaction.
Everyone stay safe, and I pray for us to all make it through this tribulation.

Love and peace to all

I am glad to hear that you are in a good place. I am as well. Most all the people living around us are all retired and about 50% have military backgrounds.

My recommendations came from actual experiences from hurricanes. In 2004 we had 3 hurricanes in 1 a 3 week window. There was no power for a 2 weeks. No water, no food in stores and no gasoline anywhere. That is when I took those preacutions I posted and I am very glad I did as it has paid off now twice.

We also placed a window A/C unit in our family room and when the power went out, the whole family was at our house.

We also like to keep several (5) one-gallon jugs of water frozen.

Personally, I have no issues with that I eat. During the last hurricane that actually hit us, I survived, for eight days, on a case of Ravioli's; you don't even have to heat them up.

My bank just announced that they are restricting their services to the drive-through. If you need to see a person, you have to make an appointment. They also:

Daily Debit Card ATM withdrawal limits will increase to $800, and point-of-sale purchases will increase to $3,500.
For minors, daily Debit Card ATM limits will increase to $300, and point-of-sale purchases will increase to $1,000.
Online Banking, Member-to-Member transfer limits will increase to $3,500 daily.
Remote Deposit immediate fund availability will increase to $500.

FOX news just reported that the financial package is being help up by Mrs. Pelosi who now wants to limit the carbon footprint of the airline industry and add that to the proposed bill.

FOX news just reported that the financial package is being help up by Mrs. Pelosi who now wants to limit the carbon footprint of the airline industry and add that to the proposed bill.
Too bad for Pelosi Trump reads the fine print :)

Well earthquakes are a different story. NZ is no stranger to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
But even then we need to pray.

Too bad for Pelosi Trump reads the fine print :)
Let's not be so quick to take sides. I have no interest in reading all the bill, but my understanding is that some of the Dem concerns appear genuine. There are arguments on issues like should the relief money go to corporations to funnel down to the employee (Rep version), or directly to the employee (Dem version). It's Congress; both side are full of "it."

Let's not be so quick to take sides. I have no interest in reading all the bill, but my understanding is that some of the Dem concerns appear genuine. There are arguments on issues like should the relief money go to corporations to funnel down to the employee (Rep version), or directly to the employee (Dem version). It's Congress; both side are full of "it."
That's very true, but why play the proverbial fiddle while Rome burns, go get a bucket of water and throw it on the nearest fire. At least you can save a few houses and worry about the few splashes that fell into the gutter later.

That's very true, but why play the proverbial fiddle while Rome burns, go get a bucket of water and throw it on the nearest fire. At least you can save a few houses and worry about the few splashes that fell into the gutter later.
True as well. Maybe because we only have one bucket?

Ok, I have he honest with you, in that I have not read the details of this plan. Here is a summary:

1585069718878.png

Now, I tell you what I don't like: It is called a "stimulus plan." This $1,??? is intended to allow people to go buy consumer goods, but no one ever does. Not to mention that anyone making $75k (filing alone) or $150k (filing jointly) will need to pay this back within 3 years. So, it is really a loan and not a gift. Through the grace of God, I would be one of those paying it back and, at least at this moment, have no need for it.

Guess we will see how this phase of the insanity works out.

rtm3039

Attachments

• 1585069720239.png
    1585069720239.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 1

I have not been in the room to hear the discussions, however the problems are pretty easy to find out.

With people out of work, mortgages due, and the economy headed for a hard landing, here are a few of the things house democrats are wanting to add to a bill which originally was created to help American workers pay their bills because of government mandated stay at home reccomendations:

1. Diversity on corporate boards.

2. Early voting and same-day registration.

3. New limits on greenhouse gases.

4. Minority credit unions and banks.

5. Retirement packages for community newspapers.

What does any of those things have to do with getting money in the hands of people who have no pay check coming in to buy food for their families.? It is not even something that should be discussed.

Now maybe these concerns are not true. Maybe the internet is lying.

I am not one to argue over politics and my history of posts over time show that. But my goodness, why would anyone hold up a bill designed to help out of work people pay their bills be held up over such outrageous concerns.

IMO......it is terrible if these things are true, whether these people are Republican or Democrats, this is no time to be adding irrelevant conditions to federal aid to hungry and out of work people due to something beyond their controle.

True as well. Maybe because we only have one bucket?

Ok, I have he honest with you, in that I have not read the details of this plan. Here is a summary:

View attachment 4618

Now, I tell you what I don't like: It is called a "stimulus plan." This $1,??? is intended to allow people to go buy consumer goods, but no one ever does. Not to mention that anyone making $75k (filing alone) or $150k (filing jointly) will need to pay this back within 3 years. So, it is really a loan and not a gift. Through the grace of God, I would be one of those paying it back and, at least at this moment, have no need for it.

Guess we will see how this phase of the insanity works out.

rtm3039

Ray.....what is the link to this information?

Consider this Ray.....If a corporation closes its doors because of NO sales or business, its emplyees are still out of work.

There has to be a compromise because without one, there can not be the other. It is and always has been a two way street.

Allow me to give you an example. If and or when the government mandates a $15.00 minimum wage, the company or business will lose employees, or does not financially help those people who own business, they will close.

Why. There P & L is based on sales with ebit always being the bottom line. A grocery store operates on a projected ebit of approx. 5%.
A drug store like Walgreens operates on about a 15% ebit.

Now when the expense of payroll increases by 46% ($7.00 increased to $15.00) a business has only TWO ways to absorbed that expence.

1. Raise prices.
2. CUT PAYROLL.

Most business can not in any case increase prices by 46%. It is just not possible to do.

That means if an employer has 10 employees today and the increases begin tomorrow, tomorrow…..4 people are now unemployed.

Back