The mustard seed and the Church organization

I was just saying that Abraham gave a tithe before tithing was instituted as part of the Law. It was not a hidden message or anything like that.[/QUOTE
Ok I see...Abraham paying tithes to Melchizedek a high priest forever and ever is a sign pointing forward to us..thats why the story is repeated in the book of Hebrews...Melchizedek=Jesus Abraham=us the church..we pay tithes to our high priest who is Jesus..you right,,this is not law..

Yes! That is the point.

Now here is a really good question for you and others. Since Abraham paid a tithe "before" the Law was given Will we pay a tithe when we get to heaven and Law has come to and end?

Yes! That is the point.

Now here is a really good question for you and others. Since Abraham paid a tithe "before" the Law was given Will we pay a tithe when we get to heaven and Law has come to and end?

Oh man! Ok, I'm going to walk on water here and answer this. If I sink someone grab my hand. lol!

We will not pay a tithe when we get to heaven because Jesus already paid the price, and the law was already fulfilled.

If I get this right, I want a large donut!

God bless you, Pastor, and your family!

Oh man! Ok, I'm going to walk on water here and answer this. If I sink someone grab my hand. lol!

We will not pay a tithe when we get to heaven because Jesus already paid the price, and the law was already fulfilled.

If I get this right, I want a large donut!

God bless you, Pastor, and your family!

Excellent answer!!!!

We do not get to heaven by tithing.

We do not get saved by tithing.

Tithing IMO is obedience to the Law and since we are not under Law now I see no reason to think that we would be under Law in heaven.

Also, when we go back to the origination of tithing, Under this Law Israel was commanded to give a tenth part of all that the land brought forth and set it aside for the Levites who did not get an inheritance in the land of Israel. The reason for this was that the priests and the servants of the temple were drawn exclusively from the Levite tribe and therefore were forbidden to tend land. The tithe of the produce of the Land was therefore their portion to feed them.

Excellent answer!!!!

We do not get to heaven by tithing.

We do not get saved by tithing.

Tithing IMO is obedience to the Law and since we are not under Law now I see no reason to think that we would be under Law in heaven.

Also, when we go back to the origination of tithing, Under this Law Israel was commanded to give a tenth part of all that the land brought forth and set it aside for the Levites who did not get an inheritance in the land of Israel. The reason for this was that the priests and the servants of the temple were drawn exclusively from the Levite tribe and therefore were forbidden to tend land. The tithe of the produce of the Land was therefore their portion to feed them.
ok........so i suppose no one knows the significance or meaning of the story between Abraham and Melchizidek.

ok........so i suppose no one knows the significance or meaning of the story between Abraham and Melchizidek.

Well, I am sure that there are plenty of people who can answer your question.

Many people have asked...…….."Where did this man Melchizedek come from?" He just walks out of Scripture with bread and wine and blesses Abram.
Then he is gone! There is NO generational record of him in Scriptures.

He is said to be the king of Salem and is also a priest. Then HOW did he come to know the MOST High God?

Some believe that he was the pre-incarnate Christ.

I for one believe that he is a Picture/Example of Christ but was not the pre-incarnate Christ, however I would not argue that with anyone who believes that.

The "meaning" I think that just as Melchizedek......Christ had no beginning and He has no ending as far as creation is concerned. He, Christ is full of glory and is the eternal God and He came out of heavens glory and was made flesh and is our Great High Priest in the order of Melchizedek, not Aaron and that is what I see set in Genesis 14.

Well, I am sure that there are plenty of people who can answer your question.

Many people have asked...…….."Where did this man Melchizedek come from?" He just walks out of Scripture with bread and wine and blesses Abram.
Then he is gone! There is NO generational record of him in Scriptures.

He is said to be the king of Salem and is also a priest. Then HOW did he come to know the MOST High God?

Some believe that he was the pre-incarnate Christ.

I for one believe that he is a Picture/Example of Christ but was not the pre-incarnate Christ, however I would not argue that with anyone who believes that.

The "meaning" I think that just as Melchizedek......Christ had no beginning and He has no ending as far as creation is concerned. He, Christ is full of glory and is the eternal God and He came out of heavens glory and was made flesh and is our Great High Priest in the order of Melchizedek, not Aaron and that is what I see set in Genesis 14.
the story is repeated in the new testament..why?why did Abraham give him a tenth of all to him ? i believe that Abraham is a picture of us..

thanks for your patience

the story is repeated in the new testament..why?why did Abraham give him a tenth of all to him ? i believe that Abraham is a picture of us..

thanks for your patience

Good point. I really do not have an answer. I will say again that many believe Melchizedek and Jesus the same person? A case can be made either way. At the very least, Melchizedek is a type of Christ, prefiguring the Lord’s ministry. But it is also possible that Abraham, after his weary battle, met and gave honor to the Lord Jesus Himself.

ok..i have the answer..the purpose of the story is to show us that there is still a ten percent to be given..not under the law but under the law to Christ..Jesus is our high priest we all know that..Jesus says giving to the poor,,feeding the hungry,,clothing the naked etc is like doing it unto him..taking care of old people and widows..this is where our tithes should be going.

ok..i have the answer..the purpose of the story is to show us that there is still a ten percent to be given..not under the law but under the law to Christ..Jesus is our high priest we all know that..Jesus says giving to the poor,,feeding the hungry,,clothing the naked etc is like doing it unto him..taking care of old people and widows..this is where our tithes should be going.

Agreed.

And that one fact is why I personally rail against those ministers who live in million dollar homes and have several jets at their disposal.

Personally, I would and have all my life, rather drive a car to an event instead of my personal jet plane and then place the difference of money spent between the two into making sure that children are fead, clothed and are able to see a medical doctor.

But that is just me.

Back