The Opening

Verse of the day
Colossians 3:13

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Lord, I pray that I will have a forgiving spirit that forgives others quickly as often as needed every single day.

'I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. '

Revelation 6:1-2

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.1-2

According to “Enduring Word Commentary”, each seal is associated with a creature who called out “come” to each horseman. A lot of people think this white horseman is Jesus, but this commentary says that this is the antichrist because he was bent on conquest (this was his motive) whose reign brought war, famine, plague, etc. Jesus comes to end evil and save His people, not to conquer land. His intentions are pure.

'When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword. '

Revelation 6:3-4

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.3-4

The rider of the red horse was granted to take peace from the earth. Peace is a gift from God, so if God granted this horseman the authority to take peace from the earth, it was His judgement.

'When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!” '

Revelation 6:5-6

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.5-6

The scales represent the need to carefully measure and ration food, which indicates scarcity. The horseman on the black horse brought scarcity. This reminds me of covid times when we were running out of everything. When this happens as part of the end times, prices will skyrocket.

'When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. '

Revelation 6:7-8

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.7-8

Death was the horseman who sat on the pale horse. There will be a tremendous death toll from all the previous calamities with the other three horsemen. The fact that they were given power to do these things can serve to remind us that God is sovereign over everyone and everything. Even when we feel like we are under unfair control of others, we can be encouraged that He can wipe them out or block them at any point. We can also trust Him when He allows hard times.

'When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky

fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”'

Revelation 6:9-17

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.9-17

That these souls who were slain for the word of God (martyrs) were under the altar, represents the fact that they were poured out as an offering to God. These souls in heaven cried out for vengeance. It is not wrong for God’s people to ask for what He promised. When people mess with God’s people, He will avenge.

The opening of the sixth seal brings cosmic disruption. There will be a great earthquake, the sun will become black, and the moon will become like blood, and the stars will fall to the earth. The kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else slave or free hid in caves and among rocks and begged to be hidden from the wrath of the Lamb.

Who can withstand?

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand. (Romans 5:1-2)”

“I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received and in which you stand. (1 Corinthians 15:1)”

Testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand. (1 Peter 5:12)”

Let us stand firm in faith in the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and not depart from it. Let us live holy and pleasing lives unto Him and be faithful to fulfill all of our assignments that He ordained before we were born. Time is running out. There are so many prodigals that need to be rescued from the kingdom of darkness before it is too late. May we be dressed in our wedding garments and keep our lamps filled with oil that He may be pleased to find us ready when He comes back. Amen!!

The second (identical) post was to be placed in the General Discussions area.

Our software does not allow duplicate posts in different areas, so the second post, halted by our software, will not be allowed.

This post in the Bible Study Area is just fine.

Thank you.

`

Verse of the day

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Lord, I pray that I will have a forgiving spirit that forgives others quickly as often as needed every single day.

'I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. '

Revelation 6:1-2

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.1-2

According to “Enduring Word Commentary”, each seal is associated with a creature who called out “come” to each horseman. A lot of people think this white horseman is Jesus, but this commentary says that this is the antichrist because he was bent on conquest (this was his motive) whose reign brought war, famine, plague, etc. Jesus comes to end evil and save His people, not to conquer land. His intentions are pure.

'When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword. '

Revelation 6:3-4

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.3-4

The rider of the red horse was granted to take peace from the earth. Peace is a gift from God, so if God granted this horseman the authority to take peace from the earth, it was His judgement.

'When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!” '

Revelation 6:5-6

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.5-6

The scales represent the need to carefully measure and ration food, which indicates scarcity. The horseman on the black horse brought scarcity. This reminds me of covid times when we were running out of everything. When this happens as part of the end times, prices will skyrocket.

'When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. '

Revelation 6:7-8

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.7-8

Death was the horseman who sat on the pale horse. There will be a tremendous death toll from all the previous calamities with the other three horsemen. The fact that they were given power to do these things can serve to remind us that God is sovereign over everyone and everything. Even when we feel like we are under unfair control of others, we can be encouraged that He can wipe them out or block them at any point. We can also trust Him when He allows hard times.

'When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky

fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”'

Revelation 6:9-17

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/REV.6.9-17

That these souls who were slain for the word of God (martyrs) were under the altar, represents the fact that they were poured out as an offering to God. These souls in heaven cried out for vengeance. It is not wrong for God’s people to ask for what He promised. When people mess with God’s people, He will avenge.

The opening of the sixth seal brings cosmic disruption. There will be a great earthquake, the sun will become black, and the moon will become like blood, and the stars will fall to the earth. The kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else slave or free hid in caves and among rocks and begged to be hidden from the wrath of the Lamb.

Who can withstand?

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand. (Romans 5:1-2)”

“I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received and in which you stand. (1 Corinthians 15:1)”

Testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand. (1 Peter 5:12)”

Let us stand firm in faith in the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and not depart from it. Let us live holy and pleasing lives unto Him and be faithful to fulfill all of our assignments that He ordained before we were born. Time is running out. There are so many prodigals that need to be rescued from the kingdom of darkness before it is too late. May we be dressed in our wedding garments and keep our lamps filled with oil that He may be pleased to find us ready when He comes back. Amen!!

Good morning, Lovekr07;

Your exhortation and Scripture is a blessing and it uplifts and encourages us to press on for Christ. Pressing on for Christ includes study of the Word and application in our daily walk which is so vital.

Many of us have been there at one time. When we aren't in the Word, much of the 66 Books can bring
trembling to the believer instead of hope and joy in Christ's return. Though this concept is easy to hear, it takes further digging of Scripture to fully understand how God's perfect plan comes into place for His glory.

God bless
you, Lovekr07, and thank you for sharing The Opening.

Bob

Back