The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man seeking goodly pearls. WE are the “goodly pearls” who will hear the Word of Truth as preached by our Lord Jesus and will respond with a meek and quiet spirit…breath. The “goodly pearl” is the “ornament of a meek and quiet spirit”.
Matthew 13:45-46 KJV
(45) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
(46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
The “goodly pearl” is the meek and quiet breath of the hidden man of the heart who will hear His voice in the words of life and spirit and will not reject them but will keep them within the heart. The “goodly pearl”….the meek and quiet spirit…is in the sight of God of GREAT PRICE.
The Lord searches the hearts of men seeking the “goodly pearl” within the hidden man of the heart. The preaching of the true sayings of God will reveal what is hidden in the hearts of men….whether good or bad…for they will speak what is in the abundance of the heart.
1 Peter 3:4 KJV
(4) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Where is the place of His rest…in whose hearts shall He find a place for His rest?
Isaiah 66:1-5 KJV
(1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
But to this man will He look….to him that is “poor and of a contrite spirit” ( a pearl of great price) and trembles at His Word. The “goodly pearl” is the poor and contrite spirit… a breath that is used in meekness…in response to His voice when He will speak the Word of Truth to us.
(2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
But those who will speak evil of what they will hear will not abide…for he we sell all those who hear and not receive the Word in their hearts in order to buy the one pearl...His called out...His church.
Many men will speak the evil within their hearts toward the preaching of the Word of Truth. They will not hear it for it will not conform to their own religious thoughts and ways. His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. And yet, men who will behave badly towards the preaching of the Word of Truth will think they are doing God “service” for killing His messengers…speaking evil of them . They will be quick to speak in wrath at what they will hear and instead of being “poor” in spirit….poor in breath….slow to speak.
(3) He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
When He will call them, they will not answer. When He will speak to them, they will not hear….but will instead behave badly before His eyes.
(4) I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
Those who will tremble at His Word are those who are of ONE pearl whom He buys. They on the other hand will be “sold” off. They shall be ashamed because they will have delighted in their misbehaving at the hearing of His Word…and yet think that they are glorifying Him for their evil ways (Let the LORD be glorified) .
(5) Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.