The Power of the Word of God by J. Vernon McGee

Good morning, forgiven;

Dr. J. Vernon McGee
gave a wonderful sermon at this Church in San Diego when my wife and I were still living there.

He passed in 1988 but I learned of him and began listening to him in 1998 and have remained a listener through his syndication.

I appreciate your sharing this powerful message and his one hour sermon was worth learning more about Christ.

God bless
you, forgiven.

Good morning, forgiven;

Dr. J. Vernon McGee
gave a wonderful sermon at this Church in San Diego when my wife and I were still living there.

He passed in 1988 but I learned of him and began listening to him in 1998 and have remained a listener through his syndication.

I appreciate your sharing this powerful message and his one hour sermon was worth learning more about Christ.

God bless
you, forgiven.
i have been listening to some of his messages before his health broke. he preached with authority the upcoming generation has not heard solid bible preaching like jay Vernon delivered. much of todays preaching is not the same ,

Thank you for this message.
After about 9 min he starts reading a quote from the Chicago Tribune, 20. March 1968 which caught my attention.
The quote is over 50 years old, but more relevant then ever
@9:20 he says
"the betrayal of Christ in the name of Christianity is one reason for the moral and spiritual malice with which this country is afflicted..."

@9:34
"the churches no longer influence the developpement of national character, people go to church mainly because of an impulse to participate in a service of worship not because of any spiritual guidance they expect from the Clergyman..."

May the Lord help us to still be "the salt of the earth" and tell people about our living Saviour, our only hope,

"In Christ alone my hope is found..."

Back