The Restoration of All Things.

We read in God`s word that His purpose for earthly man was to have dominion over the earth. This he forfeited through disobedience. And we know that Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth, the means of restoring and reconciling all things to Himself.

In this study we will come to understand that God not only had the earth in mind for restoration but `all things` in heaven(s) and earth.

So, we ask –

1.What are the `all things?`

`Christ Jesus…….He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 15 & 16)

We read of the extent of `all things,` heaven and earth, with the focus on authorities – thrones, dominion, principalities and powers – God`s delegated governmental authority.

The Lord created these positions of authority, and they are for Him. Then we know from God`s word that each of these positions of authority in heaven and earth became corrupt. So how is the Lord going to restore these authorities under Himself?

2.What do the Old Testament Prophets reveal about the restoration of all things?

`Jesus Christ…..whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God spoke by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.` (Acts 3: 21)

Delegated authority in the third heaven.

Lucifer the KingPriest in the third heaven.

We read in the prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel of Lucifer, the beautiful angel, with great wisdom, the Kingpriest in the third heaven.

`You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty…….every precious stone was your covering (priestly)…you were the anointed cherub who covers….you were perfect in all your ways…` (Ez. 28: 12 – 15)

We also read how he became filled with pride and was cast from the `mountain of God.`

`For you have said in your heart: `I will ascend into heaven, (highest) I will exalt my throne (king) above the stars of God…`(Isa. 14: 13)

`I (God) cast you out of the mountain of God…` (Ez. 28: 16)

Lucifer had the delegated position of authority as kingpriest in the third heaven, but he was not found worthy to continue ruling there.

Jesus Christ Kingpriest in the third Heaven.

Then to the prophet Zechariah was revealed that there would be a man who would take that dual office of King priest.

`Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying: Behold, the man whose name is the Branch! From His place He shall branch out, and He shall build the temple of the LORD; yes He shall build the temple of the LORD. He shall bear the glory. And He shall sit and rule on His throne; so he shall be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.` (Zech. 6: 12 & 13)

In Israel the offices of King and priest were separate. However, we know that God the Father has with an oath made His Son a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek, (Kingpriest)

`The LORD has sworn and will not relent, “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek” (Heb. 7: 21)

`For this Melchizedek, king….priest of the Most High…` (Heb. 7: 1)

We also know that God the Father will set His Son on the Son`s own throne in the third heaven – High Priest on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on MY throne… a throne set in heaven and One sat on the throne…`` (Rev. 3: 21, 4: 2)

That authority position is on the heavenly Mount Zion.

`Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

`You have come to Mount Zion….to God…to Jesus..`(Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Then amazingly we have been promised to not only be made like unto the Lord,

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son…` (Rom. 8: 29)

but that we will also rule as Kingpriests with Him in the third heaven.

`And has made us kings and priests to His God..` (Rev. 1: 6)

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne..` (Rev. 3: 21)

And this will take place when the Lord, the Head has brought His Body of believers to maturity in Him, and then takes them to His own throne.

`We who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.` (1 Thess. 4: 17)

It is there in the third heaven that the Body of Christ takes part in the enthronement of the Lord, the mighty conqueror.

`Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting with white robes; and they had crowns on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4) (24 elders are representative of the Body of Christ.)

This is the first position of authority to be restored,

`Jesus…whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken about by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.` (Acts 3:20 & 21)

Delegated authority in the lower heavens.

This is designated by God as `Principalities and Powers,` authority position.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.` (Col. 1: 16)

This has dually a natural and a spiritual positional realm that evidently interlocks and overlaps. It encompasses the atmospheric and celestial heavens.

Satan usurped the Governmental Position in the Lower heavens.

It denotes a Governmental status and location which is beneath, in position and authority, to the thronal realm of God. Satan usurped this area but he, and his angels will be overcome and hurled to the earth, in the middle of the tribulation.

`the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.` (Eph. 2: 2)

`For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against rulers of the darkness of this age, against spirit hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ` (6: 12)

`Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows he has a short time. ` (Rev. 12: 12)

The New Jerusalem is the delegated authority in the lower heavens.

These heavens will, however, be subsequently cleansed and occupied:

`Then, John, saw the holy city New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.` (Rev. 21: 2)

The foundations are indicated as the twelve Apostles of the Lamb, (ie those chosen by Christ. Matthias replacing Judas.)

`Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve throne judging the twelve tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28)

`Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)

An `honour role` of those inhabitants who will be incorporated in this company is recorded in Hebrews 11. Those who looked for `the city` with `foundations` whose architect and builder is God.

`For he waited for the city which had foundations, whose builder and maker is God…..God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 10, 16)

God will provide that city with foundations, the New Jerusalem from above. Its eternal purpose will be the direct and immediate government over-sight of the earth, administrating through the Nation of Israel.

`That you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.` (Luke 22: 30)

Delegated authority on earth.

Israel.

While many promises were given to Israel that referred to natural blessing in `time,` God made covenants with them which will only be fulfilled in the infinite ages.

In particular, they are destined to become the `Head of the Nations` throughout eternity.

“For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the LORD, “So shall your descendants and your name remain.” (Isa. 66: 22)

This jurisdiction will be a continued and expanded expression of their Millennial Authority.

`Many people shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.` (Isa. 2: 1 – 5).

A Governmental Administrative function over the Nations, Spiritually, Politically and Economically.

Nations.

`The first shall be last.` God`s first program will be the last to be fulfilled. Ie. Man`s dominion and authority over the whole creation.

That which God promised to Adam, though delayed by the intervention of Satan and sin, will come to pass. This will be the restoration of man`s original dominion and immortality.

`Then God blessed them and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.` (Gen. 1: 28)

Racial characteristics however, will not be lost in eternity. National distinctions will certainly be a natural corollary to individual identity.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory into it. (New Jerusalem) (Rev. 21: 24)

The Majestic purpose of God for the Nations, is now crowned with triumphant fulfillment.

2.What do the Old Testament Prophets reveal about the restoration of all things?

`Jesus Christ…..whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God spoke by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.` (Acts 3: 21)

Delegated authority in the third heaven.

Lucifer the KingPriest in the third heaven.

We read in the prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel of Lucifer, the beautiful angel, with great wisdom, the Kingpriest in the third heaven.

`You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty…….every precious stone was your covering (priestly)…you were the anointed cherub who covers….you were perfect in all your ways…` (Ez. 28: 12 – 15)

We also read how he became filled with pride and was cast from the `mountain of God.`

`For you have said in your heart: `I will ascend into heaven, (highest) I will exalt my throne (king) above the stars of God…`(Isa. 14: 13)

`I (God) cast you out of the mountain of God…` (Ez. 28: 16)

Lucifer had the delegated position of authority as kingpriest in the third heaven, but he was not found worthy to continue ruling there.
This sounds very much like your previous posts of Lucifer being a king in heaven. Now as then I would politely ask you to support your opinion with Scriptural evidence that proves such a position.

IF Lucifer was the "Kingpriest" in the 3rd heaven, surely there is a Scripture that tells us that.

Now, according to some interpretations, Lucifer, was a charismatic and beautiful angel and held a position of rank among the angels in Heaven, often considered among the highest or even the highest in some contexts.

The Catholic Church, like many other religious organizations posits that Lucifer was an archangel and "adds" depth to his roles and duties within the celestial hierarchy. However, as in many other examples within the Catholic church, there is NO Bible evidence.

This sounds very much like your previous posts of Lucifer being a king in heaven. Now as then I would politely ask you to support your opinion with Scriptural evidence that proves such a position.

IF Lucifer was the "Kingpriest" in the 3rd heaven, surely there is a Scripture that tells us that.

Now, according to some interpretations, Lucifer, was a charismatic and beautiful angel and held a position of rank among the angels in Heaven, often considered among the highest or even the highest in some contexts.

The Catholic Church, like many other religious organizations posits that Lucifer was an archangel and "adds" depth to his roles and duties within the celestial hierarchy. However, as in many other examples within the Catholic church, there is NO Bible evidence.
Hi Major,

I have written scriptures that show Lucifer`s position. So, it is for you to show what you believe from scripture.

Hi Major,

I have written scriptures that show Lucifer`s position. So, it is for you to show what you believe from scripture.
Marilyn, with all due respect, it is not up to me to prove with the Scriptures what "you" have claimed. It just does not work like that.

YOU made the claim so it is up to you to verify your opinion with those Scriptures.

Personally, I do not know of any Scripture in which they claim or suggest that Lucifer was the "king Priest" in heaven.

I then would have NO scriptures to post.

Marilyn, with all due respect, it is not up to me to prove with the Scriptures what "you" have claimed. It just does not work like that.

YOU made the claim so it is up to you to verify your opinion with those Scriptures.

Personally, I do not know of any Scripture in which they claim or suggest that Lucifer was the "king Priest" in heaven.

I then would have NO scriptures to post.
Well then it is up to you to show that the scriptures I posted do not say what I posted. That is refuting by scripture. Helping the other person to see where they are not understanding the scriptures posted.

We are certainly not to argue and strive about words, but study so we will not be ashamed.

`Remind them od these things, charging them before the Lord, not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 14 & 15)

So, let`s study God`s word in context.

KING

`How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: `I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;

I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.` Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.` (Isiah 14: 12 – 15)

PRIEST

`Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes were prepared for you on the day you were created.”

“You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.” (Ezekiel 28: 12 – 15)

Back