The sea becoming like blood

When we were in school long ago, one of the teachers took us out to the ocean in his boat, and showed us a strange phenomenon, red tide. He told us this is what will happen when the sea turns to blood, I brushed it off at the time but with both coasts of Florida getting red tide killing everything in the sea, and the canals have filled with green gunk to a level I have never seen in all my years....what is happening..?

Revelation 16:3

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLV27fEPdHY Florida's toxic red tide is a perfect storm for the Gulf Coast.

When we were in school long ago, one of the teachers took us out to the ocean in his boat, and showed us a strange phenomenon, red tide. He told us this is what will happen when the sea turns to blood, I brushed it off at the time but with both coasts of Florida getting red tide killing everything in the sea, and the canals have filled with green gunk to a level I have never seen in all my years....what is happening..?

Revelation 16:3

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLV27fEPdHY Florida's toxic red tide is a perfect storm for the Gulf Coast.

I am one who believes that what we see in the Revelation is "Warfare". If that is the case, then the meaning would be that the ocean would become discolored, and indicating that this was the effect of blood shed in great quantities during conflicts.

In Revelation 8:8 it is...…......“the sea became blood”.

There the allusion to the blood of a dead man would more naturally suggest the idea of naval conflicts, and of the blood of the slain poured in great quantities into the oceans.

In Revelation 8:9 it is said that ...…...“the third part of the creatures that were in the sea died, and the third part of the ships were destroyed.”

"IF" (?) there is going to be end time conflicts as Jesus said...…."Wars and rumersof wars", then the result of modern warfare would be a massive loss of life both human and marine animals.

The Red Tide in Florida is just a massive Algae bloom that originates in Lake Okeechobee and although it looks bad, it is nothing like what will be coming.

Well bible does say it becomes AS blood, not that it turns into blood.

What is happening is, the earth is actually trying to repair itself from all the waste thats being chucked into the oceans.
War involves not just humans...animals and plants all lf creation is involved. Because its war between Gods kingdom an satans.

What is happening is, the earth is actually trying to repair itself from all the waste thats being chucked into the oceans.
War involves not just humans...animals and plants all lf creation is involved. Because its war between Gods kingdom an satans.
Yes, and it seems more places are showing signs of it. I was watching a travel show of South America, and it looks like it killed whales off the coast of Chile. Take a look...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...tranding-decomposition-time-lapse-video/

The Revelation is written in "Picture Language". John was allowed to SEE the future and then told to write what he "SAW".

He lived in the 1st century and did not have the language ability to describe what he actually SAW hence the words, "AS"- "Like as" and "Like unto".

The war and rumers of wars will be between men and human armies. Satan today is the prince of the power of the air and he is the ruler today.

Yes, and it seems more places are showing signs of it. I was watching a travel show of South America, and it looks like it killed whales off the coast of Chile. Take a look...

I do not mean to be argumentative but IMO the reason we see those things so much today is because of better News gathering and recording.

Those things have always taken place but no one was around to record them until the last 50 years or so.

Remember, it was a whale/big fish that spit up Jonah on the beach.

I do not mean to be argumentative but IMO the reason we see those things so much today is because of better News gathering and recording.

Those things have always taken place but no one was around to record them until the last 50 years or so.

Remember, it was a whale/big fish that spit up Jonah on the beach.

I tend to agree that 24/7 "news" coverage makes certain "things" appear to be more than they really are. Take, for example, traffic deaths. The National Safety Council reports that, in 2018, 40,000 people died in traffic accidents (1% less that 2017). That works itself to 4.6 people an hour, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. If this received serious media attention, it would show that the odds of being killed in your car far outweigh the possibility that you will be murdered (17,284, according to the FBI).

I now tend to avoid much news. I listed to the news, on NPR, once a day (4:00 - 4:30). Our news coverage is just highlights of just how miserable out society has become. Don't mean to say I want to stick my head in sand, but I prefer to just peek out for a moment and go back in the hole.

I tend to agree that 24/7 "news" coverage makes certain "things" appear to be more than they really are. Take, for example, traffic deaths. The National Safety Council reports that, in 2018, 40,000 people died in traffic accidents (1% less that 2017). That works itself to 4.6 people an hour, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. If this received serious media attention, it would show that the odds of being killed in your car far outweigh the possibility that you will be murdered (17,284, according to the FBI).

I now tend to avoid much news. I listed to the news, on NPR, once a day (4:00 - 4:30). Our news coverage is just highlights of just how miserable out society has become. Don't mean to say I want to stick my head in sand, but I prefer to just peek out for a moment and go back in the hole.

Excellent example. There are somethings that do not apply to what I said but that is because of changes in our culture.

No one was driving drunk and killing a mass of people 200 years ago because there were no cars then.

My point is that things in nature have always been taking place but there just was not anyone around to record it.

An earthquake happened a month ago in Calif. and it was on every news outlet for days.

An earthquake took place in the same place 300 years ago and who knew.......NO ONE because no was there to see it.

Excellent example. There are somethings that do not apply to what I said but that is because of changes in our culture.

No one was driving drunk and killing a mass of people 200 years ago because there were no cars then.

My point is that things in nature have always been taking place but there just was not anyone around to record it.

An earthquake happened a month ago in Calif. and it was on every news outlet for days.

An earthquake took place in the same place 300 years ago and who knew.......NO ONE because no was there to see it.
Well . . . 300 years ago? Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo was in CA, visiting from Spain in 1542. I am sure he probably felt it, but CNN did not report it. :)

Theres a huge floating plastic rubbish dump in the north pacific the size of Texas apparently. Made up of plastic bags and all plastic bits and pieces. All the wildlife, the birds, the fish, the whales are ingesting this plastic and dying from it.

Theres a huge floating plastic rubbish dump in the north pacific the size of Texas apparently. Made up of plastic bags and all plastic bits and pieces. All the wildlife, the birds, the fish, the whales are ingesting this plastic and dying from it.
I guess, it is in international waters, no one wants to make the effort to clean it up. Wait until it hits some shoreline.

rtm3039

I dont know about the 'better' news gathering and recording. I would dispute that its 'better', my Dad worked for the NZ HErald for many years and the state of journalism has changed so much since he worked there. There used to be many newspapers, but one by one they shut down and things have been changed by internet.

And thinking of things that happened years ago, how can anyone assume nobody was there to record it. It probably was recorded, but coming to present day those recordings may have been lost. i worked in archives and many things have been recorded down through history! And many things may have been lost or perished because paper does not last that long. Unless you preserve it well which is a whole library science...!

Take the crossing of the Red Sea for example, a momentous event that even Rahab had heard of it before it eas actually written down in the Bible, the books of Moses that we have today.

People have got to get out of the mindset that those living today are superior to those who lived in the past just cos we dont know how they lived since we think well they didnt record it, We didnt read about it or see it therefore they must not have exisited. Thats a bit of false logic right there.

People were driving drunk and killing people before cars. It was just they drove horses and other beasts. There was alcohol many years ago that hasnt changed since Noahs time.

Another thing with newspapers, they are very selective about what gets in the news. If it doesnt sell or grab peoples attention it doenst make the front page or warrant a headline. Sometimes and more often these days its fake news and peoples opinions that get copy.

And also, papers have political agendas too and will,not publish anything that contradicts their worldviews in case people refuse to buy their copies.

Now with internet, tv and radio, its paid advertising that pushes everything...that is why environemntal concerns are not aired so much media avoided it for decades because industry, which created the pollution in the first place, sponsored all the press. Nowadays the media companies have consonsilidated and become larger, And there is a dearth of relevent local news or news that isnt one sided.

Another thing with newspapers, they are very selective about what gets in the news. If it doesnt sell or grab peoples attention it doenst make the front page or warrant a headline. Sometimes and more often these days its fake news and peoples opinions that get copy.

And also, papers have political agendas too and will,not publish anything that contradicts their worldviews in case people refuse to buy their copies.

Now with internet, tv and radio, its paid advertising that pushes everything...that is why environemntal concerns are not aired so much media avoided it for decades because industry, which created the pollution in the first place, sponsored all the press. Nowadays the media companies have consonsilidated and become larger, And there is a dearth of relevent local news or news that isnt one sided.
In my world (the US), we have two sides. The left is represented by CNN (the left) and FOX (the right). Each panders to their base, which is supported by sponsors who too support one of two main world views. As a result, neither side "report" clean information. Even public radio appears to have taken sides. As a result, I no longer get my news from any single source. We are now forced to seek a wide spectrum of information and do our own research.

In my world (the US), we have two sides. The left is represented by CNN (the left) and FOX (the right). Each panders to their base, which is supported by sponsors who too support one of two main world views. As a result, neither side "report" clean information. Even public radio appears to have taken sides. As a result, I no longer get my news from any single source. We are now forced to seek a wide spectrum of information and do our own research.

It seems to me that the Liberals make up about 40% and the Conservativers about 40% and the "I don't knows about 20%.

It seems to me that the Liberals make up about 40% and the Conservativers about 40% and the "I don't knows about 20%.
I in in the 20%, with views that swing either right or left, depending on the topic. Tend to swing left on social issues and right on defense, fiscal responsibility, and government.

rtm3039

I dont know about the 'better' news gathering and recording. I would dispute that its 'better', my Dad worked for the NZ HErald for many years and the state of journalism has changed so much since he worked there. There used to be many newspapers, but one by one they shut down and things have been changed by internet.

And thinking of things that happened years ago, how can anyone assume nobody was there to record it. It probably was recorded, but coming to present day those recordings may have been lost. i worked in archives and many things have been recorded down through history! And many things may have been lost or perished because paper does not last that long. Unless you preserve it well which is a whole library science...!

Take the crossing of the Red Sea for example, a momentous event that even Rahab had heard of it before it eas actually written down in the Bible, the books of Moses that we have today.

People have got to get out of the mindset that those living today are superior to those who lived in the past just cos we dont know how they lived since we think well they didnt record it, We didnt read about it or see it therefore they must not have exisited. Thats a bit of false logic right there.

People were driving drunk and killing people before cars. It was just they drove horses and other beasts. There was alcohol many years ago that hasnt changed since Noahs time.

I do not think that "superior" is the correct word. "Different" would seem to fit better.

We as humans adapt to our surroundings.

500 years ago men went to the bathroom in the woods.
300 years ago someone invented the OUTHOUSE because of privacy.
Today we have 2 or 3 airconditioned bathrooms in our houses.

500 years ago, running water was not thought of. We used a pail and had a well.

500 years ago men drank whiskey and got drunk and fell off of their horse but there was not a whole lot of people being killed by drunks driving horses.

I can not agree with that idea.

The Revelation is the prophecy of God's judgment upon the earth and humanity who have rejected Christ.

It is NOT a picture of the earth repairing itself...IMO.

Revelation 8:8 in the KJV says......
"And the second angel sounded and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea; and the third PART OF THE SEA BECAME BLOOD".

Not AS blood but BECAME BLOOD.

This careful distinction in the use of language must be noted especially since it is common practice today to lump everything in the Revelation and call it "SYMBOLIC".

You might believe that that kind of exegesis gets you out of trouble but it actually GETS YOU OUT OF THE FRYING PAN AND INTO THE FIRE.

The mountain in Rev. 8:8 is literal not SYMBOLIC just as the BLOOD is literal and not symbolic.

Jeremiah 51:25 says......…….
“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, Who destroys all the earth,” says the LORD.
“And I will stretch out My hand against you,
Roll you down from the rocks,
And make you a burnt mountain.

Back