The Shepherd

Dusty

Inactive
The Shepherd

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:11, NIV).
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Word From Billy Graham
"When we turn in Scripture to the book of John, we find many times that Jesus said, 'I am.': Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world' (John 8:12). What the sun is to the earth, Jesus Christ is to the human heart: 'Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life' (John 8:12). Jesus said, 'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing' (John 15:5). The life of the branch comes from the vine. The Holy Spirit is the life. The Holy Spirit is the life within, and He is always there to be your Helper, to be your Comforter, to produce fruit in your life. Jesus said, 'I am the good shepherd' (John 10:11). We are sheep, He is the Shepherd. The shepherd lives with his sheep. He gives them food and protection. Isn't it wonderful to know that when you receive Christ into your heart, He is always there? In the midst of troubles and tribulations and persecutions and difficulties He will be there. He will always be there. He will never forsake you. You will have a Friend forever who will stick closer to you than a brother (Proverbs 18:24)."

The Shepherd
"Jesus chose to lay down His life for His sheep. He offered His life as a sacrifice for the sheep. The sheep are in mortal danger not from beasts but from sin. But the Good Shepherd sacrificed His life to save them. By His death He has delivered them. After He laid down His life, He took it up again. Because Jesus intended to die for the sheep, He is the supremely Good Shepherd. He provides everything for His sheep, no matter the cost. Jesus is strong and tender. He leads us, He protects us, He gives His life for us, and He knows us. He is noble, worthy, beautiful-the Good Shepherd. Like lambs, like little children, we need to rest in His care" (Daniel Doriani).

Prayer
Father, thank You for giving us Your Son. He is our Shepherd, the One who will never leave us or forsake us. Help us each day to rest in this truth. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

yoursowelcome.gif

You all, and God Bless

Back