The Son Of God Has Seen God The Father

TalkJesus

Inactive
This is addressing the actual meaning of "no man has seen God at any time".

John 1:18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

When it says in John 1:18 that no man has seen God at any time, this is not referring to the appearances of the Son of God in the past, but to man not having seen God the Father, BUT the only begotten Son has seen the Father which is why He can declare Him.

That verse below is another way of saying that verse above.

John 6:46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Jesus as the Son of God Whom is of God, He has seen God the Father.

For two references to the Son of God as being seen by men in the past before His incarnation: Genesis 18th chapter & Genesis 32:24-30

So no man having seen God is referring to not having seen God the Father, because Moses had written that man has seen the Son of God.

Jesus testified that one day we will see the Father as well when He ceases to be our Mediator, then we can ask the Father face to face.

John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. 26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. 28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Yes seen God because He is God not because He became man. When Jesus saw God He was not man

Were we not created in the image of God? Granted, He as celestial took upon Himself a likeness of men as terrestrial to die on the cross, but the image of Him is what man was created from.

Can you clarify this with a few simple OT verses....briefly, please:

Genesis 18:1And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Genesis 32: 27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. 29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

TJ: Yes.....But these verses say nothing about be a "Son". Although I think your idea is correct, how do you explain it to a Jew or a Muslim, without using NT glasses?

Pray. John 5:39

Only God can cause the increase. 1 Corinthians 3:5-7

Only The Father can reveal the Son to them. Matthew 11:25-27

I understand the frustration, especially when the Jews have changed the meaning of His words to keep christians from converting Jews that are zealous of knowing God in the scripture, and modern Bibles are no help there either.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Even BibleNET has changed the meaning of His words and refers this as not speaking of the Messiah but Cyrus which cannot be true when Cyrus does not know God as it is written and so it cannot be he that is speaking here.

Isaiah 45:1Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut; 2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: 3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. 4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. 5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

There is archeological evidence of Cyrus's prayer as he worshipped other gods and called the God of the Jews, Marduk, which is evident that Cyrus did not know God to be speaking for God in Isaiah 48:16-17.

So that is why we need to lean on the Lord Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in understanding His words in the King James Bible because the "educated" scholarly circle is riddled with errors as the message of His words in modern Bibles are being lost in translation.

As there are alot of hurdles out there, we need to trust God in keeping Hs promise that all those that seek, shall find as He leads us to share the truth in His words and not argue with anyone since it is on Him to help them hear the truth in His words and to reveal His Son to them.

Back