The Source of Our Self Esteem

Status
Not open for further replies.
1532736606108_image8597034516888848454.jpg

For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].
2 Corinthians 5:21 AMPC

The Holy Spirit just showed me... the blood of Jesus paid for our righteousness which equals (or should) our self-esteem... all we have to do is accept it and allow the Holy Spirit to create in us a new and right spirit. Which starts with accepting Jesus as Lord... which we have already done.... now as we choose to renew our mind with the Word/Bible... like Roman's 12:2 says... it will then transform us to be like the Word. One step at a time. Which is also what philippians 2:13 says. God is at work in us..it's nothing we can do by ourselves or in our own strength

1532754697567_50821692-1532736404768001.jpg

1533623962071_image001.jpeg

As I realize that Jesus has already done everything for me... it creates a greater trust in Him. As I realize that His blood has already cleansed me and that it really is Him within me that is doing the work.. giving me the power and desire to do what pleases Him... it creates a freedom and a joy knowing that nothing I do will remove His love from me. It drives deeper into my heart how much I'm loved. It removes the fear of Him leaving or pulling away or removing His love because I know that it's because of Him that no matter how bad I miss it... I never have to earn His love. It removes the performance mode that we get into... thinking that if we do wrong we're gonna get bad in return... and the only way to get blessings is to always do right.

Because of the fleshly nature we deal with... we will never in our own strength be able to do everything perfectly... but perfect love casts out all fear. Jesus is perfect... His and the Fathers love is perfect... it never falters or fails. It never changes or stops. How can I believe all of this is true? He placed His Spirit within me to serve as a leader, guide, counselor, and comforter. And as we connect with the spirit and make the choice to obey Him and follow His lead... He will guide us into righteousness for His namesake. He will guide us into green pastures and still waters. And as we renew our minds to His will and ways... He will transform us into His masterpiece, making us to become (walk and behave and have power to do what He wants of delivering the captives and healing others) more (exactly) like Christ... the anointing of the anointed one. For it is Christ (the anointing) in us which is always at work to change our want to's or desires. So that as we delight ourselves in Him... He will give us the desires of our hearts (inner spirit man whose desires are a direct match with The Lord/Word).

There is a lot of talk about self-esteem in pyschology circles these days. Even some christian ministers get on the self-esteem bandwagon. But all that means esteeming ourselves can be just another ego-trip. I had never thought self-esteem was anything to do with righteousness, but I suppose some people think that by always being right they have a good self-esteem.? Hiwever, that doesnt work either because that just means we become self-righteous. Which is even worse to God because that often means we ignore him and set about our own righteousness and that will always fall short of His righteousness!

REality is we dont look to ourselves and measure ourselves by our own esteem. GOd wants us to think of OTHERS as better than ourselves, because we are all precious in His sight and created by Him to glorify Him.
phillipians 2:3 gives us some instructions on this.

GOd already thinks highly of us. He created man in His image and for women, well, we are His final creation. We are just a little lower than the angels! HE loves us so much He sent Jesus to redeem us even when mankind sinned and mucked up. He hasnt left us to fend for ourselves...He gave us his precious Son to help us through and wants to bring us into His Kingdom.

Last edited:
There is a lot of talk about self-esteem in pyschology circles these days. Even some christian ministers get on the self-esteem bandwagon. But all that means esteeming ourselves can be just another ego-trip.
I guess so if you want to view it on the dark side or worldly side of things.

What does God's Word has to say about it?
Self Esteem for a Christian is seeing them selves as God sees them in Christ.

Self Esteem for a Christian would be walking in the Confidence of God's Written Word.

If we focus on Christ Jesus and God's Word our self esteem will never be an issue.

What does God's Word has to say about it? Self Esteem for a Christian is seeing them selves as God sees them in Christ.
Self Esteem for a Christian would be walking in the Confidence of God's Written Word. If we focus on Christ Jesus and God's Word our self esteem will never be an issue.

Man, brother Jim;

You're a rock! Thats why I wish we could serve in the same community and feed off of each other. So we'll just have to praise God and sharpen each other's iron right here at CFS, amen?

I share the same encouragement to others no matter how prosperous they may be in the world, or in their called ministry. But I have to be honest, in my walk with Jesus I do get tired and confess to the Lord, that my self esteem is low. But then I remember this low self-esteem doesn't come from God, but from the spiritual battles, and some that I bring on myself, therefore, this doesn't bless me if it's not from God.

When my spirit gets troubled, I thank God for seeing me as I am yet continue to love me unconditionally, I feel empowered because we're not talking about a human mentor but the one true, Almighty God. What an honor!

My self-esteem is recharged and can go forth serving Him in a new day. I find the more I spend time with our God and reading His Word and walking with Jesus and confess EVERYTHING to Him, even at writing this post, then the more I learn He is working EVERYTHING in my life, and in all the lives of us who are saved in Christ.

Then when I read The Source of Our Self-Esteem I'm at peace, unless I find a typo. lol!

Thank you, Cturtle, for sharing this edifying thread. I enjoyed reading.

God bless you and your family.

What does God's Word has to say about it?
Self Esteem for a Christian is seeing them selves as God sees them in Christ.

Self Esteem for a Christian would be walking in the Confidence of God's Written Word.

If we focus on Christ Jesus and God's Word our self esteem will never be an issue.
Gods word has absolutely NOTHING to say about self-esteem.

What it does say is we esteem others better than ourselves.
As I gave you scripture before Phillippians 2:3-4
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

So when we encourage our fellow brothers and sisters we esteem, them better than ourselves. We dont put them down.
We lift them up.

What a selfish world it would be if we put others down to lift ourselves up. Or just looked at ourselves. We are not meant to be looking at ourselves. We look to Jesus and Christ in others.

Gods word has absolutely NOTHING to say about self-esteem.
Lanolin,
You are confusing selfish puffed up pride with ones self worth in Christ.
Stop and think....
How many scriptures are written telling us who we are in Christ?
Such as we are the Righteousness of God in Christ. Now that is totally opposite of feeling like a lowly worm.

You are building a doctrine from a scripture or two and missing the entire matter of the statement.

So please be sure you are truly understanding what is being talked about before you start insisting on this or that.

You are simply referring to thinking more highly of yourself which is a form of pride.

This has nothing to do with self worth or self esteem.

You use (let each esteem other better than themselves.)

It's very plain to see you are confusing the word esteem. Esteem in your use of Scripture is treat as better,

Self esteem we are talking about is self worth or seeing yourself as Christ does and says we are.

So thank you for taking the time to reply.
God Bless
FCJ

So when we encourage our fellow brothers and sisters we esteem, them better than ourselves. We dont put them down.
We lift them up.

What a selfish world it would be if we put others down to lift ourselves up. Or just looked at ourselves. We are not meant to be looking at ourselves. We look to Jesus and Christ in others.
Esteem is like the word Read. ...
Same spelling.....different meanings.
Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back