The Stillness of early morning ...

I love the stillness of early morning. There is quietness all around me as I sit and read the word of God with a good cup of coffee by my side. I like to rise up before the dawn and seek the quiet rest only found with the Lord. This day I reflect upon the words of Psalms 119:114. "You are my hiding place and my shield: I hope in your word." Faith and belief bring peace and hope unto those who seek to know the ways of the Lord. I see the lack of quiet rest and peace in the lives of those who do not make the Lord their hiding place. There is so much confusion, for so many have forgotten the ways of the Lord, and so many do not understand that the Lord is the origin of all life and life without him truly is not possible, and to the extent that we live out life in him we find quiet and peace. When the Lord is my hiding place I find quiet rest even in times of unrest and adversity. The Lord God is the giver of all life and he is the sustainer of all life and in his word I find hope and in him I find rest. The hiding place that brings peace and quiet rest is available to all who will seek. May the Lord bless and keep you all this day.

Back