The wedding feast

Recently I've started doing a bible study, not on one particular subject, but focusing on getting to know Jesus Christ's personality. And what better way then to focus on the the New Testament. I've started in Luke and am still in Luke. Their is soo much to learn! Now I've come across something that has sparked my interest and for the last week have not been able to get past. Luke 12:36-48. With more emphasis on Luke 36-37.

And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to eat, and will come forth and serve them.

The very first thing that pops out to me is "when he will return from the wedding" it's telling us God has already come for His Bride.The second is "Servants" why does he not refer to them as His Bride, but as servants. And watching out is only done at night - when it's dark in reference to the dark period during the reign of the antichrist?And third he will have them sit down to eat. Which dinner is this in reference to? Is this The dinner spoken of in revelations? To me it's speaking not to His church but a period after after His church has left. We're his people shall be servants a people that must carrys out what is told to them. No longer will they have that grace that we are privileged to have now. Let me know your thoughts.

God Bless,
Serene58

Back