Theology and Politics

Throughout history, the enemy of our souls has not been allowed by God to completely wipe out the Church, making good on His promise to never leave nor forsake the Church, but modern politicians commonly known as the 'Left', is pushing yet again throughout Western countries to try and do, through various means ,what their father (Satan) could not accomplish throughout centuries of this world's history. If not destroy, then at least corrupt:

I received a Facebook notice from a friend who posted an article that brought that movie clip above to mind. You can see the manic insanity of evil to overcome who is otherwise the good and decent. Corrupting the good from within remains the modus operandi, as opposed to trying to completely stamp out the good (manifested as Christ in us, the hope of glory) form amongst mankind.

What are you seeing in your spheres of experience and awareness whereby the enemy tries to infiltrate your lives with false doctrines, greed, indifference, et al?

MM

Throughout history, the enemy of our souls has not been allowed by God to completely wipe out the Church, making good on His promise to never leave nor forsake the Church, but modern politicians commonly known as the 'Left', is pushing yet again throughout Western countries to try and do, through various means ,what their father (Satan) could not accomplish throughout centuries of this world's history. If not destroy, then at least corrupt:

I received a Facebook notice from a friend who posted an article that brought that movie clip above to mind. You can see the manic insanity of evil to overcome who is otherwise the good and decent. Corrupting the good from within remains the modus operandi, as opposed to trying to completely stamp out the good (manifested as Christ in us, the hope of glory) form amongst mankind.

What are you seeing in your spheres of experience and awareness whereby the enemy tries to infiltrate your lives with false doctrines, greed, indifference, et al?

MM

Funny you would ask this MM. It is a great question and extremely relevant to today.

Many years ago I read a production written by Abraham Kuyper, theologian, journalist, and prime minister of the Netherlands between 1901 and 1905, who argued that God’s sovereign rule extends over every square inch of his creation and all of our lives. He talked about something he called “sphere sovereignty,”

In the twentieth century, the seven spheres became known as the “Seven Mountains,” a strategy to influence culture made popular within evangelical circles by Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, and Loren Cunningham, founder of Youth With A Mission (YWAM).

In a lecture series delivered at Princeton in 1898 entitled “Lectures on Calvinism”, Kuyper said:
…that the family, the business, science, art and so forth are all social spheres, which do not owe their existence to the state, and which do not derive the law of their life from the superiority of the state, but obey a high authority within their own bosom; an authority which rules, by the grace of God, just as the sovereignty of the state does.
Source: https://tifwe.org/influencing-culture-through-all-the-spheres-of-our-lives/

Now then...........because the "State" has rejected that claim, we know have "abortion, Gay Marriages, and Legal Drugs".

IMHO, Satan has done his best work of deception in our society in .........
1. THE CHURCH.
Some examples are =
A. Everyone will go to Heaven in the end.
B. There is NO literal hell that punishes the lost eternally.
C. Jesus is NOT the only way to heaven.
D. Jesus is not God.
E. SIN is just a "mistake".
All of these have their beginning in the religious mind of those who have rejected the Word of God.

2. TELEVISION.
Movies and shows have made the opinions of men more believable than the Words of God. We now accept as normal the belief that there are Aliens, Bigfoot and Ghosts as well as Angels who control our lives.

3. SIGNS and WONDERS
When we look for some kind of "proof" in a manifestation of God's works, we completly remove the word FAITH from our thoughts!
We believe or should believe in what God said WITHOUT having to see or feel or experience some kind of emotional responce.

Dear Major,
I would humbly suggest a fourth avenue for Satanic influence and one that should not be underestimated:
The Internet and social media.
It may arguably be hyperbole to some degree, but I believe this single avenue, or avenues, now does more to advance a Lucifer’s agenda than all else combined. Particularly among the younger generations.

Dear Major,
I would humbly suggest a fourth avenue for Satanic influence and one that should not be underestimated:
It may arguably be hyperbole to some degree, but I believe this single avenue, or avenues, now does more to advance a Lucifer’s agenda than all else combined. Particularly among the younger generations.

Absolutely agreed!

Excellant point.

Take the time to read the article that states no religious belief increased from 8 to 18 per cent between 1990 and 2010, and argues the growth of internet use accounts for a large proportion of that.
Source:https://www.theregister.com/2014/04...ol_of_satan_and_destroys_belief_study_claims/

in the past 20 years i have seen a big change in churches beautiful buildings and fancy furniture yet full of dead mean bones a church that once thrived is going on 5 years with out a pastor

Lately, I have been hit by the cowardice and timidity of the Church which leads to compromise of convictions and the Gospel. This causes me to 'examine myself', asking, "do I compromise my stance out of the fear of man? Would I stand firm and not deny Christ when tied to a fiery stake or in facing a hungry lion?"

Hebrews 2:14-15 (NASB) Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

The Church has partook of the world's dainties as in the Fairy Tale- Hansel and Gretel, where the children partook of the witch's candy, cake and gingerbread house until they were trapped by the witch herself. The dainties have sucked the lifeblood/boldness at least from the Western affluent Church.

The Church at Philadelphia had little strength but did not deny His name.I pray we can be like her when that time comes...

Revelation 3:7-8 (KJV) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

In short, prepare for persecution.

Last edited:
I think some churches have gone bankrupt because wolves got in, but that has happened ever since the early days of the church anyway, so it's really nothing NEW.

I don't know if it had anything to do with politics really, though policies and legislation can determine whether a church operates as a charity or a business.

I don't understand the left and right dichotomy of politics. I'm more that there needs to be balance. 2 party politics is always divisive. There ought to always be 3 parties to balance it out or a completely new 'paradigm' of governance. However, people will go for status quo until it doesn't work anymore. And then there's a revolution and a 'new' status quo, till they get sick of THAT one and then another revolution...or devolution until everything just falls apart.

Lately, I have been hit by the cowardice and timidity of the Church which leads to compromise of convictions and the Gospel. This causes me to 'examine myself', asking, "do I compromise my stance out of the fear of man? Would I stand firm and not deny Christ when tied to a fiery stake or in facing a hungry lion?"

Hebrews 2:14-15 (NASB) Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.

The Church has partook of the world's dainties as in the Fairy Tale- Hansel and Gretel, where the children partook of the witch's candy, cake and gingerbread house until they were trapped by the witch herself. The dainties have sucked the lifeblood/boldness at least from the Western affluent Church.

The Church at Philadelphia had little strength but did not deny His name.I pray we can be like her when that time comes...

Revelation 3:7-8 (KJV) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

CN, I hope you don't mind me interjecting something here from my own perspective:

The (C)hurch is, always has been, and always will be pure and without blemish because of the power in the blood of Christ. She is adorned and arrayed with His glory that He has bestowed upon her.

The failings are within the earthly expressions of the various (c)hurhces in each locale. We can observe in Revelation the individual letters written to the seven physical (c)hurches throughout what is now modern Turkey (Asia Minor). Five of the seven were chastised, and only two praised.

But the (C)hurch in the universal sense was still pure in spite of the fleshly failings of individuals within various of the locales. Perhaps R. C. Sproul would disagree with me on this, and we would then debate semantics moreso than spiritual realities.

The bottom line remains, for me anyway, that the Lord would never be the Head of something that was blemished and impure, for that would cast doubts upon His ability to make pure His own bride (body).

When I see messages where the writer indicates the 'Church" as opposed to the 'church,' that has special meaning to me. What are today called 'the local churches' are purely man-made, so touching upon the 'Church' with a capital "C" is an indicator of referencing the ethereal body of Christ, which has never been blemished with the inferiorities of earthly, man-made things most call their 'church'. The differences are striking and earth shaking.

Thanks for letting me share your soap box for but a moment. ;)

MM

CN, I hope you don't mind me interjecting something here from my own perspective:

The (C)hurch is, always has been, and always will be pure and without blemish because of the power in the blood of Christ. She is adorned and arrayed with His glory that He has bestowed upon her.

The failings are within the earthly expressions of the various (c)hurhces in each locale. We can observe in Revelation the individual letters written to the seven physical (c)hurches throughout what is now modern Turkey (Asia Minor). Five of the seven were chastised, and only two praised.

But the (C)hurch in the universal sense was still pure in spite of the fleshly failings of individuals within various of the locales. Perhaps R. C. Sproul would disagree with me on this, and we would then debate semantics moreso than spiritual realities.

The bottom line remains, for me anyway, that the Lord would never be the Head of something that was blemished and impure, for that would cast doubts upon His ability to make pure His own bride (body).

When I see messages where the writer indicates the 'Church" as opposed to the 'church,' that has special meaning to me. What are today called 'the local churches' are purely man-made, so touching upon the 'Church' with a capital "C" is an indicator of referencing the ethereal body of Christ, which has never been blemished with the inferiorities of earthly, man-made things most call their 'church'. The differences are striking and earth shaking.

Thanks for letting me share your soap box for but a moment. ;)

MM
Yes God sees His own regenerate ones (the Church) as robed in the righteousness of Christ.

the building is just a place of meeting the people who attend are the Church 285135228_10228149596753270_3497659245784490369_n.jpg

Dear Major,
Cyberspace is indeed fertile ground for the devil to operate. The internet can be a useful tool, but any information gathered on it should be independently verified by users. As for social media, it's nothing but pooled ignorance where uninformed opinions are considered to represent "truth". It's not worth wasting your time on.

When I see messages where the writer indicates the 'Church" as opposed to the 'church,' that has special meaning to me. What are today called 'the local churches' are purely man-made,
so touching upon the 'Church' with a capital "C" is an indicator of referencing the ethereal body of Christ, which has never been blemished with the inferiorities of earthly, man-made things most call their 'church'. The differences are striking and earth shaking.
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

I understand your meaning of the Church as opposed to the church which equates to man made and spiritually dead. Alas, many of them that we know are still in operation today, looking at the bottom line for all their programs.

A good example was Paul's relationship with the church in Corinth. His letter in
2 Corinthians 2:1-4 was very serious and harsh to the church. Paul was condemning the leaders who were twisting the Scriptures and motivating the people with their own ulterior motives while keeping the vision of Christ out of the picture.

2 Corinthians 2:1-4, 1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I felt the same way Paul did until Titus arrived with the Good News.

2 Corinthians 7:1-11, 1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 2 Make room in your hearts for us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have taken advantage of no one. 3 I do not say this to condemn you, for I said before that you are in our hearts, to die together and to live together. 4 I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy. 5 For even when we came into Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were afflicted at every turn—fighting without and fear within. 6 But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, 7 and not only by his coming but also by the comfort with which he was comforted by you, as he told us of your longing, your mourning, your zeal for me, so that I rejoiced still more. 8 For even if I made you grieve with my letter, I do not regret it—though I did regret it, for I see that that letter grieved you, though only for a while. 9 As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us.

I'm blessed by what I read and blue-lighted your post. No matter, Christ' church will always be pure and blemished by the power and the blood of our Savior. He would never be the Head of something that was, is, or will be blemished and impure.

God bless you, brother and keep posting.

but they be the ones that need to be in church to hear the word

True indeed. Ministers can preach about their need to repent and seek being born again, but that message seems to be missing from so many pulpits. I'm floored by how many out there think they are saved because they attend churchianity. Far too many lack an understanding of being born again.

MM

Spot on brother! The church has gone in for the "Spectacular" and "Emotions" at the expence of obedience and the result is compromise!

Excellant observation!

True indeed. Ministers can preach about their need to repent and seek being born again, but that message seems to be missing from so many pulpits. I'm floored by how many out there think they are saved because they attend churchianity. Far too many lack an understanding of being born again.

MM

Amen!

Many years ago, Dr. Billy Graham wrote that he believed that only 25% of church members were actually born again.
IMHO that may be a little high!

Cyberspace is indeed fertile ground for the devil to operate. The internet can be a useful tool, but any information gathered on it should be independently verified by users. As for social media, it's nothing but pooled ignorance where uninformed opinions are considered to represent "truth". It's not worth wasting your time on.

Excellant comment! Nothing could be truer!

MM
not sounding my own horn but i sure dont preach that and the ministers i know dont. NO doubt the word is being watered down . just because some one holds up a rock that glitters and claims its Gold dont make it gold. every thing that glitters Is not gold. a southern Gospel singer by the name of Brian free has a testimony raised in Church sang professedly . finally realized he was Lost very sound theology wise the songs the group sings

the building is just a place of meeting the people who attend are the Church View attachment 7421

The gathering of believers
not sounding my own horn but i sure dont preach that and the ministers i know dont. NO doubt the word is being watered down . just because some one holds up a rock that glitters and claims its Gold dont make it gold. every thing that glitters Is not gold. a southern Gospel singer by the name of Brian free has a testimony raised in Church sang professedly . finally realized he was Lost very sound theology wise the songs the group sings

f61, did you mean to say that you DO preach the need to be born again, or that you really do not?

MM

Back