There's another reason I think I committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

I used to get really upset and think that God and Jesus Christ were torturing me. I'd ask them if they were Satan and I'd say they were Satan because I felt like they were the reason everything was going wrong in my life. I don't remember how many times this happened but it used to be my go to thing whenever I'd get really angry. I knew who God and Jesus Christ were then. I knew Jesus died for my sins and was our savior but I think I was pretty ignorant of what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was. I knew there was such a sin and maybe I even read some about it but I still wasn't sure what it was. Maybe I said it even after reading about it? I don't remember. I was really lost and full of anger then. Since then, I think the Holy Spirit has been working in my life because I'm closer to God than I've ever been but now I'm terrified all over again.

Last edited:
Hi NickH

This is only what I believe, I am not a theologist.
If you feel closer to God now than you ever have, and The Holy Spurit is still convicting you of sin, He must still be with you. If you had committed the unforgivable sin The Holy Spirit would leave you, I think.
Perhaps you just need to talk to God about this. It would seem to me, that your problem is anger? If so I would work on that. Ask God to help with that. My son has a fight with anger and perhaps that is what you need to concentrate on. Anger can make you lose control of yourself and do things that normally are not in your heart.
Your extreme fear will hinder you on your journey.
Ask God to take the fear away and trust Him.
We all have weaknesses and satan knows what they are. God is much more powerful than satan.
Just love Him (which I believe you do,) and trust Him.
We are all in this together brother.

I used to get really upset and think that God and Jesus Christ were torturing me. I'd ask them if they were Satan and I'd say they were Satan because I felt like they were the reason everything was going wrong in my life. I don't remember how many times this happened but it used to be my go to thing whenever I'd get really angry. I knew who God and Jesus Christ were then. I knew Jesus died for my sins and was our savior but I think I was pretty ignorant of what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was. I knew there was such a sin and maybe I even read some about it but I still wasn't sure what it was. Maybe I said it even after reading about it? I don't remember. I was really lost and full of anger then. Since then, I think the Holy Spirit has been working in my life because I'm closer to God than I've ever been but now I'm terrified all over again.

The part I highlighted is the strongest reason I'm sure that you have not committed this sin. God is not our tormentor, but rather a loving God. He gives you his Holy Spirit for healing, help, restoration, comfort, salvation, etc.

God is working in your life through the Holy Spirit. This is strong evidence that you have not committed an unpardonable sin, because God is showing pardon. He hasn't withdrawn his Spirit or allowed it to be fully quenched. Take heart. Be strong in Christ and allow God to bring the necessary healing, help, hope, etc. that you need.

May God make his love abundantly clear and bring great joy and hope to your life.

The part I highlighted is the strongest reason I'm sure that you have not committed this sin. God is not our tormentor, but rather a loving God. He gives you his Holy Spirit for healing, help, restoration, comfort, salvation, etc.

God is working in your life through the Holy Spirit. This is strong evidence that you have not committed an unpardonable sin, because God is showing pardon. He hasn't withdrawn his Spirit or allowed it to be fully quenched. Take heart. Be strong in Christ and allow God to bring the necessary healing, help, hope, etc. that you need.

May God make his love abundantly clear and bring great joy and hope to your life.
What are some ways that I can know the Holy Spirit is in me? Right now it seems like I'm turning away from sins that I know the Holy Spirit would want me to and not necessarily because the Holy Spirit is convicting me.

1.What are some ways that I can know the Holy Spirit is in me? 2.Right now it seems like I'm turning away from sins that I know the Holy Spirit would want me to and not necessarily because the Holy Spirit is convicting me.
1. Do you have a desire to know God and His Word more? Worry about sinning against God? Have you at anytime in your life gone from avoiding God to desiring God? These are just some of the signs that point to a person having the Holy Spirit .

2. That's a good sign, besides, I wouldn't expect the devil to give you the desire to turn from sin or to convict you of sin.

The guilt and shame you are experiencing for things you’ve previously said or thought is the work of the evil one.

If you’re feeling the Holy Spirit move in you and convict you, that’s a good sign. If the evil one feels it’s necessary to fill you with guilt and shame to make you have doubts of your salvation, that’s a good sign, too.

God knows your heart. Trust Him.

What are some ways that I can know the Holy Spirit is in me? Right now it seems like I'm turning away from sins that I know the Holy Spirit would want me to and not necessarily because the Holy Spirit is convicting me.
I am no expert and I am sure that you can find out the answer by "googling" your question and there are several people here who can help you.

IMHO I would say that #1...
You Can Be Sure you are saved and the Holy Spirit is alive and well in you experience a "changed life".
You no longer have the desire to do what you used to do.

#2.
When You Are Being Shown to Exalt Jesus Christ as the Lord of your existence.

#3.
I think would be when the written Word of God becomes alive to you.

#4.
When You Receive an Inner Peace Paired with a Biblical Plan, Is Usually the Holy Spirit Speaking to You.

There are basically two ways God leads his children through the storms of life.
He either gives them a wise plan on how to change the circumstances in their life or he gives them a supernatural peace to help them get through this trial even though the circumstances will remain the same.

Usually. my experience has been that God gives us some of both. He might not tell us how the next 50 years will go, but when you seek the Lord he will give you a wise plan on how to proceed forward in a way that honors him. And in the midst of all the unknowns, when the Holy Spirit is truly speaking, and living in you, you will gain an inner peace that only God can produce. Notice what Jesus said in John 14:26-27.............
" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."

The very fact that you are worried you have committed this sin is a sure fire way to know you haven't. Taking it back to the context of the scriptures you'll notice Jesus didn't accuse these men directly of having committed it.

Let me explain:
While they most definitely did sin against God we do not know if any of them did later come to Christ. What we can know in that instance is that they understood God worked through Jesus and yet attributed it to evil. The work of the Spirit is good and yet they were defiant and rebellious at the highest level. They were denying the Power of God, denying the work of His Spirit and if they remained in such defiant sin then they would be damned.
For a person like that there is certainly no forgiveness because they do not want it, even knowing the truth they reject it. The saying in this age and the age to come represents the age under the law and the age of Grace in Christ - eternal Life.
One cannot receive forgiveness accepting Christ after they have died, so it leaves no room for us to speculate on the passage in this way. One receives forgiveness now in the age of Grace. So if they rejected God's Spirit in Christ then they would not have accepted God's Spirit to indwell them receiving salvation through Christ.

Jesus, in Matthew, warned that for the one who would betray Him, it would be better that that man were never born and yet later in the garden when Judas betrayed Jesus He still called him friend. Judas knew who Jesus was, had lived with, spoken with, seen the miracles worked, and yet, Judas loved the darkness and not the Light. Jesus left the door open for Judas to repent but he never did. Judas felt remorse for condemning an innocent man but not repentance for his sins against God.

God is ready and willing to forgive all those that would come to Him. We are not perfect as believers but our goal, and by His Power, is to walk with Him.

May the Peace of our Lord be with you.

Back